Dumalla

saint-soldier

ssa

can the sangat let me know what material they use to tie there dumalla with. because i have tried to tie a dumalla with my pugh kapra, i think the material is fulllvail and it always seems too heavy and no matter what style i try it always ends up looking too big. so whats the best material for dumalla...

kind of need reply urgently since we got a family going to punjab and i gotta let them know what kapra to buy.

ssa

can the sangat let me know what material they use to tie there dumalla with. because i have tried to tie a dumalla with my pugh kapra, i think the material is fulllvail and it always seems too heavy and no matter what style i try it always ends up looking too big. so whats the best material for dumalla...

kind of need reply urgently since we got a family going to punjab and i gotta let them know what kapra to buy.

Bhaji, i know how you feel, i had no idea wat a dumalla was till i got into sikhi. then i had no way of knowing how long or what material

the kapra should be.

But for a small quick dumalla, you should use mallmall thickness F 74. At a length of 17.5 metres.

But if you want a nice thick and big dumalla like the uk nihangs wear, you will need again mallmall, but a bit thicker than F 74.

Im not sure what exact thickness but a shopkeeper that sells that material will know. This for me is also 17.5 metres.

Happy Dumalla tying

LOL

Malmal rips too easily, the best material to get is called Fulmal, which is similar to Malmal as it is soft, but doesnt rip as easily and isnt too thin.

Fulmal is very rare to get here in the U.K, best bet is to get someone to bring you some from India if possible. Well worth it.