GURUDWARA RULES NEED TO BE ENFORCED.

I've posted in the past as to what happens in our Gurdwara. The local Gurdwara is run by monas who don't really care that much for maryada and so forth. The only thing that they care about is money, as long as the Gurdwara is getting money anything goes. They even have issues with people doing Simran. Last weekend, a girl was doing simran in her kirtan and one of the committee members came up and told her to stop. Normally 3 other Singhs and I attend regularly and when we are there no one says anything about Simran in kirtan. Since we weren't there last weekend and also this weekend we will be in NJ, they won't allow any Simran. And some of these people who oppose Simran are Amritdhari!! :umm:

And langar is made by non Amritdharis and there have been cases when those making langar ate out of the langar, a small portion to see if it was made and then put the joota portion back into the langar to be served. A few times we have voiced our concern and we are ignored or the subject is changed. Sangat is not allowed to sit on the floor and do kirtan because it is against their "Gurdwara Maryada". This is all of the committee telling us this. So those if you that live in places where there are large Sikh populations, such as California, you guys are lucky where you have Amritdharies doing langar and degh seva and you have a voice. But if you live in a place with a small Sikh population, then those that are rich make the rules, they may not even be Sikhs, and the rest have go along with it.

Waheguroo Jee

Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

akjforever: I really feel for you. Its surprising that someone has the guts to walk up to someone and tell them they can't do Simran, when a Sikh's life is to be based around Simran. There is alot of manmat that needs to changed all over the world...especially in india, where hindu practices are so common in Gurudwaras. I have seen many Gurudwara where most people walk up to a lit diva, wave there hands over the flame, and put it over their eyes. Most famous Gurudwaras are like tourist attractions, people just chatting it up sitting in groups in the Sangat.

In BC, the so called 'moderate' Gurudwaras are doing such disrepect of Gurudwaras that it makes your blood boil. I'm talking about people eating on tables and chairs (which is strictly against Akal Takht Hukam), wearing shoes in Langar, uncovered hair, people talking so loud in the Darbar etc...and who is going to enforce the rules? the comittee?...theres the ones who are doing all this! Many of the commitee members are drinkers, have haircuts, eat meat...etc...I have seen with my own eyes, a commitee meeting at someone's house, where they are all getting drunk while discussing Gurudawara issues! They have no respect for Sikhi, but just want the control. I think they are intimidated by Singhs/Singhnis because they think that if we all went to the same Gurudwara, that the non-Amritdharis would get left in the shadows. At the Nagar Keertan in vancouver (moderate), they had bhangra and gidha teams, and thats where most of the 'Sangat' stayed, instead of following Maharaj Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It is

very upsetting to see Gurudwaras run by alcoholics like balwant gill (who gut busted for drunk driving twice)...i can go on and on, but i think most of you are probably getting upset reading this, so i will just stop here...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!