Experiences Of Singhnia

Guest Tips

I also have a query,

I'm a bibi & Im keeping Rehit for the mean time before committing myself to guru ji & one issue Im slightly worried about is how do other penjis/bibis cope with kachere and the time of "monthly" cycles? I tried it once and found out I was "leaking" :S, so then I tried to wear normal underwear then kachera and I found it hard to change and have bath - HELP PLEASE ?? how can i solve this issue ? :(

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a query,

I'm a bibi & Im keeping Rehit for the mean time before committing myself to guru ji & one issue Im slightly worried about is how do other penjis/bibis cope with kachere and the time of "monthly" cycles? I tried it once and found out I was "leaking" :S , so then I tried to wear normal underwear then kachera and I found it hard to change and have bath - HELP PLEASE ?? how can i solve this issue ? :(

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

First and foremost congratulations for walking that path of the double edges sword...... :)

lol this is a tricky issue and im posting this publicly simply becasue im sure there are many bibiah who have this problem and are shy to ask the question so heres a method, but ultimatly, you will find a way that comfortable for you. :)

Firstly most bibiah wear normal underwear under kashera during that time of the month. This is fine as you can still use sanitary towels. NOw with specifally with the ishaan time, before you get into the shower, prepar your underwear (with sanitory towel attached) BEFORE you get into the shower.

Shower like you would do normally, and when u take one leg out of your wet kashera, dry off that leg, place ur underwear on first on that leg, then your kashera, on that leg, so that ur kashera back in contact with ur body. I find this easlier by rest my leg on the side of the bath. Place your other leg though your underwear, followed by the kashera, then "straighten" everything up and tie ur kashera as normal. :)

Or where you are at the beggining or end of your cycle where the menstrual flow is not so heavy, once you has washed urself, just put on kashera as you would do normally, and quicky come out of bath and when you are in your bedroom, put underwear on by dropping kashera to ankles and putting underwear on, one leg at a time and your sorted. :)

Hope that helps, if you have any other questions please join the board and PM myself or any of the other Singhniah here. We are all here to help.

Keep in chardi kalah

:)

xx

fateh

i am also attempting to follow the gursikhi path with wahegurus kirpa..but i have a slight problem. my parents are not in favor for me to get into sikhi, esp when covering my head. i feel it is important to cover my head but i find it very hard at home. i am doing my ardas but i dont know what to do. my mum thinks it will be hard for me to get jobs and marriage etc. please help

By the way, are kashereh ready made or do you have to get them made?

What do you class as a kashera? Is it a kashera because of the material, colour, length etc?

A kashera is like a loose pair of boxer shorts that normally come to just above the knees but with a nalla. If you are from the Brimingham area, Punjabi Roots Shop, by Smethwick gurdwara stock them, i normally ask relatives to pick me some up when they go India, but go punjabi roots if someoe i know is taking amrit.

They are normally made of cotton material and are white, although i have seen some where blue or black but white is the most common colour worn.

Untimatly a pair of "hotpants or tight shorts" would not be classed as a kashera bcos of the practical reason, especially men. Singhiah however do tend to wear less baggier kashereh because their legs are always covers where as Singhs normally where cholleh without pajamas so longer kashereh are more partical.

Also www.sikhishop.com stock keshereh incase u want to order some.

Again this isnt gospal, just some reccomendations, untimatly u will find a method that is most convenient for you.

:)

fateh

i am also attempting to follow the gursikhi path with wahegurus kirpa..but i have a slight problem. my parents are not in favor for me to get into sikhi, esp when covering my head. i feel it is important to cover my head but i find it very hard at home. i am doing my ardas but i dont know what to do. my mum thinks it will be hard for me to get jobs and marriage etc. please help

lol i knw the feelings, my family freaked when i came home and started wearing a dastaar, i had all the usual, "why u waering that for?" blah blah, but intimatly, find a method that works for you, if i want start by wearing a patka at home, every other day, and explain to your partents why u feel so much pyaar towards sikhiand how Guru Ji preparing you to live a sikhi way of life :) i know this can be hard for families, but i used to show my mum YouTube videos of Singhniah in dastaars and playing gatka, i.e www.sikhnet.com and she never realy had anything to say.

Yeah like i was saying, begin by waering a patka a few days a weeks, or on weekends, then if u want to ties dastaar, start doing that and, dont worry, Guru Ji will take care of the rest, its just a test from Maharaj to see how much faith we have in Him. Guru is Hamesha Ang Sang and what always works for me is doing a chaupai sahib when trying my dastaar.

If you need anything else pehnj plz join the board and PM any of the singhniah here, we are always here to help. :)

Keep in chardi kalah :)