School Play - Acting Out Guru Ji

Singh@

Fateh

I need some adive ASAP

Im my hih school year 11 are planing to do a Vaisakhi Play, witht the help of a sikh teacher that calls her self Mrs.Kaur:@

They are planning to ACT out Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Well i went and asked her and she goes "its not agains sikh or the BOOK"

She doest evean now that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not a BOOK! :@

I need some help and the more views i can get about acting out Guru Gobind Singh Ji the better

I think it shouldnt go ahead beacuse the amount f rubbish these RE teachers come up with it not even true.

Fateh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My R.E teacher said that When Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj created the Khalsa, the reason why there was blood on the Kirpan was because He took a goat and performed jhatka LOOLL!! i asked him wer he got that from and he told me the teacher resource thingy. So yh i would say no because R.E teachers are a bit dodgey!!

Bhaji, i can understand you confusion in all of this.

It is wrong to act out any Guru. When i was a kid, my mum took me to a college where drama students

were going to act out a play, org interfaith youth community. Basically the story line is that a group

of kids go around the world meeting different prophets. In this case it was guru nanak dev ji. After it

there was a big problem as the sikh community were disgusted that a interfaith youth community, who should

have known better, gave these kids a play where people are acting out gurus and the muslim community

was also very peaved as they had acted out mohammed.

my point for this story is that you should fight it and be stubborn. dont let your school do it.

this is total beadbi