Bebe Nanaki Rehnsbhai, Handsworth Birmingham

Dukh Nivaran

Fateh Ji

Has anyone else made any recordings from last nights rensbai apart from sikh roots?

as some of the recordings sounds as if theres only the kirtani and a few other people have attended the renhsbai...as i was there the hall was packed and sangat was singing along...why has the sangat been cut off in the audio?

sorry for any inconvenience and sorry if anyone has been offended

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a bit of a no win situation - some people prefer clear cut recordings whereas others prefer a more "live" type recording. We do do the best we can with what we have been given and what we can afford as the sevadars pay for the equipment and website out of their own pocket. A proper microphone to capture the sangat costs quite a bit so do ardas that Maharaj may bless us with such equipment in the near future :)

In my opinion, the sangat is very fortunate that we do have other sevadars such as G5 who i think will have the recordings where you can hear more of sangat and shaineh etc! So just wait for them to put up their recordings.

Video recording was also done however, it may be a while before you see those online...

Well, between Sikhroots and G5 Sikh Media, i'm sure there is different style recordings!!!

And try not to criticize the recordings so much, i know only small coments are made, but it can annoy the recorder as thought such as 'Sangat are never satisfied' may occur! Let's just big them up for the seva so they do more of it!!! then that could lead to hankaar, hmmm lol i confused myself :) )))

LOL very true

Infact, last night at the rehansbhai, i was very inspired by a friend (a lot younger than me) who had finished playing tabla upstairs (hopefully he isnt on this forum else he might kill me). A young Singh from another town pulled him aside in the langar hall and said to him "veer jee, your tabla playing was just amazing"... and rather than doing the normal thing (like even myself) and saying "thank u jee, its Maharajs kirpa", he took the time out to explain to him that "paaji, please dont ever say that to me. if you say that to someone, they will walk away and their ego inflates. Rather than saying to me that i played tabla well, say it to Guru Jee and ask him to keep doing his kirpa on that person."

So on that note, all we ask is that you do gupt ardas that Maharaj keeps gifting us, along with G5 etc., with Gursikhi jeevan and the ability to serve you...

I wasnt trying to criticise anyones recordings and i didnt say that the 'Sangat are never satisfied'

Anyway i'm not trying to get into a disagreement, and wasnt debating on whose recordings are better, i was only suggesting an improvement in the recording, where it sounds like as if i was still sitting in that same atmosphere when listening to it at home.

But anyway thank you for both recordings, i really appreciate it. Sorry for 'annoying' anyone.

LOL very true

Infact, last night at the rehansbhai, i was very inspired by a friend (a lot younger than me) who had finished playing tabla upstairs (hopefully he isnt on this forum else he might kill me). A young Singh from another town pulled him aside in the langar hall and said to him "veer jee, your tabla playing was just amazing"... and rather than doing the normal thing (like even myself) and saying "thank u jee, its Maharajs kirpa", he took the time out to explain to him that "paaji, please dont ever say that to me. if you say that to someone, they will walk away and their ego inflates. Rather than saying to me that i played tabla well, say it to Guru Jee and ask him to keep doing his kirpa on that person."

So on that note, all we ask is that you do gupt ardas that Maharaj keeps gifting us, along with G5 etc., with Gursikhi jeevan and the ability to serve you...

inspiring, lol, it's true, someone told me praising someone us just as bad as putting them down...

I wasnt trying to criticise anyones recordings and i didnt say that the 'Sangat are never satisfied'

Anyway i'm not trying to get into a disagreement, and wasnt debating on whose recordings are better, i was only suggesting an improvement in the recording, where it sounds like as if i was still sitting in that same atmosphere when listening to it at home.

But anyway thank you for both recordings, i really appreciate it. Sorry for 'annoying' anyone.

I know what you were implicating, and you weren't trying to criticise anything!! I thought i'd just give the heads up as some people can find it to be annoying. :) i know you didn't say sangat are never satisfied lol, it's just something i've been noticing, when people try to do seva someone is also there to to try and correct them in some way, like the Sikh channel, afew members on here kept insisting to find out where money goes and stuff and i think that could've (note i said could've, not assuming they would) 'put off' the sevadaars maybe, and they are trying to do quite a huge project...

Bhul Chukh Maaf!!

Waheguru!