Calling All Dhadis, Keertaniye, Raagis..the Whole Lot...everyone!

DhadiMania

ok now that i have your attention lol

can sangat here post tips on singing. my ustad is telling me with the sarangi i need to sing (he is right). but as ive never sang in my life before (and if i have, no-one was around or even in my house), and being honest, im kinda nervous of singing for some reason (even though sarangi emphasises singing?...weird hunah?)

anywayyyyyyyyyy.....

can anyone give me tips and advice on how to sing, how some people calm there nerves before they sing...come on im sure many of us have been in this position

id really want my voice to hit high notes. are there any tips? books? any ustads in leicester that teach people how to sing?

so get posting!!!!!

Try to sing aloud with the sangat always when you go to Gurdwara sahib and they're doing kirtan, simran or banis. :)

There are many singing lessons in the internet with sound files and explanations.. eg. here.. (at the bottom of the page) http://www.soundofindia.com/lessons.asp

and maybe some useful tips here too.. http://www.wikihow.com/Sing

you could also try searching on Youtube.

HUM GARIB MASKEEN according to traditional maryada, your are insulting your Ustaad Ji by asking other people for help and stuff, God is graceful to him/her who keeps his faith in one person......Just as a caution dont bother to much with learning of the net etc...just concentrate on what your Ustaad has said and put in the practice hours....If your stuck seek the help from your Ustaad (Guru)

There should be no trouble getting a singing teacher in leicester. Just walk into any of the many indian shops and ask there , there is after all a large indian community there.

Also, try singing the sargam, up and down the saptaks.

Singing long sustained swars in the lower mandra saptak helps sing the very high notes.

my ustad does say jus sing as loud as possible in a room, but i havent got anything to sing with (i have a sarangi but i need something easier to start off with)

PAL07, thank you for correcting me, i have always thought there is no harm in asking others for their guns/tips/advice as many other great ustads learnt much vidhiya from at least 2 or 3 ustads. I have alot to learn in my life.