Mkhalsa

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

awesome thread... guru jee has already said it so clear 'gursikhaa eko pyaar gurmithaa puthaa bhaaeeaa' ... 'ek pithaa ekas kay hum baarak' ... 'aaee panthhee sagal jamaathee'.. 'ek utham panth sunio gur sangath...'

we are all one family.. and gursikhs should love each other like real family...

what more can be said?

if you want to do something to help panthic ektha ... just stop the "tensions" ... let people do their things, and don't be afraid to go to the programs of other groups.

that's all i've learned in my personal experience.

do you respect and love your parents?

do you consider guru jee to be your real parent?

many people have told me this and i'm starting to believe it:

if i go anywhere i should only think one thing... If guru granth sahib is prakash then I should go there. anything is wrong, anything needs doing, it's my responsibility. It is my father's house.

as simple as that.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!! Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

"All have got great desire that the Sikhs should make advancement in all directions. But please do remember and firmly believe that this can be possible only when in the first place, each day, early morning at 3am you all get up from your beds, and sounds of taking baths on the wells etc, of the village and cities are heard and then melodious sounds of "Sat Naam " are heard on all sides....."

-Sant Attar Singh Jee

http://www.gurmatps.org/gps/index.html?../...e_power_of_naam

Great thread. But we should consider the people from both sids as Sikhs, regardless what jatha they belong(ed) to.

I did not understand the both hating kala afghana part, as somthing common in both. Even if it were Bhai Vir Singh Ji, he would still have the same views on kala afghana as Sikhs do today. Sikhs don't have any reason to like someone who ridicules their religion, history, great personalities, and their Gurus.

just a thought...maybe instead of just concentrating on the commonalities...we could also bring up the different things that all the jathas have to offer the panth and what we as sikhs can learn from all panthic jathas/samparadas....

our differences don't always have to be a source of conflict...we can still have little differences and respect each other for them...

Sat Sri Akal:

Jathas were really all ogranizations that focused on propagating and spreading a certain aspect of the Khalsa. In those terms, the Taksal has been instrumental in educating countless Sikhs about Sikhism, its philosophy, Gurbani and history while the AKJ has been instrumental in not only singing, but also inspiring others to sing Gurbani and the praises of the Almighty.

But all bow to the same Guru and serve the same Panth. Rather silly that any animosity should exist between two groups that are doing the same thing: sewa.

The internet is a great way to make a mountain out of a molehill - there is no great conflict between the Jathas, otherwise the Indian media would jump all over that to embarass the Sikhs.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i learned a lot and gained many valuable experiences from various groups...

I was talking to ramina kaur and bismaadh kaur yesterday ... and I was mentioning how when there is one father, all the kids have some traits or characteristics of the father...

so if you want to really know the true character of the father, you should try to research all the kids... not just one...

i think each sangat / jatha / samparda is one kid... and guru gobind singh jee is our father..

so we should try to enjoy all sangats and remain attached to guru jee

bhul chuk maaf karnaa

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Great replies! (Although I was hoping for more lists!)

What AKJ and Gursikh Nihangs have in common:

-Love of bana

-Love of shastar

-Love of damalla w/bana and shastar

-Love of seva

-Love of martial arts

-Love of puratan ways of life

-Importance of having keski at all times (ie may be called kakkar or not, but still same significance)

-Love of dasam bani

-Love of SARBLOH!

-Sarbloh Bibek

-Big fat sarbloh kaRas

hmm anything else?