Why Sikhism Is Attacked

ekongkar

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

No homeland - Khalistan - means ants and lices will eat away Sikhi. There are millions of Sikhs who have pride in their hearts. As time moves these hearts will not be opened without the holy Amrit.

Amritdhari Gursikh moved to the USA with hopes of keeping his Sikhi and earning money. As usual he was bombarded with racism and ignorance. However he kept firm to his faith by doing a reading of Guru Granth Sahib in a month.

One day he went to work as usual but was questioned by his clean-shaven grand father (who had settled earlier). He said "are you going to work or to do a reading of Guru Granth Sahib". The Amritdhari from Punjab was amazed at his comment. He went on further to say "son, this is America not Punjab. They will not tolerate your turban at work".

This sort of attitude is common among the Sikhs. When someone bad mouths Sikhism their "pride" comes up first, and miss the root of the problem.

May Guru Sahib bless all Sikhs with divine wisdom of Gurbani.

That is just a negative way of looking at things, and we as a community seem to do very well at that!!!

Khalistan? Raj KAREGA KHALSA!!! The world is going to be the base for khalsa, why restrict your 'homeland'. I agree with amrit, but our job is to serve people and benefit mankind, only then will khalsa spread through every corner of the world.

And again the negative scenario you paint of a sikh having to cut his kesh to live the american dream, this is changing.

NOWWWWWW......let me paint you a scenario:

SCENE: A Gursikh qualifies in the police academy, takes him three years and when he goes to get a job they tell him to cut his beard and take of his kesh to get a job as a sheriff. What does he do? He places his trust in waheguru, keeps his kesh and decides to set up a business, calls it "Akal Security". Y. He maintains his lion form and even presents tendering contracts to Bush's security council dressed in bana and holding a kirpan as he tenders for one of the largest security contracts in USA. Years later, he gets awarded contracts in excess $1billion dollars to man guard federal state buildings. In 2004, the company has nearly 20,000 employees across the country

LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!! And while yours is a scenario, the scene I have told you is REALITY!! ****DONT BELIEVE ME??****

http://www.akalsecurity.com/files/accentmagdec05.pdf

RAJ KAREGA KHALSAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Run businesses people, control resources and use these resources to serve the world. Don't worry about Khalistan, Maharaj has given you guarentee of khalsa and it will spread throughout the world...

WAheguru Ji Ka Khalsa WAheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

I think in practicality its very hard to do that .... we all aspire if that could be the reality sometime in the near future .... but the fact is that most sikhs that i ve seen are too task-oriented and most of them are concerned with their financial well being at the most which is normal till some point but i think that may be we can start off with little things in our community such as stop marginalizing ppl based on their looks ... like inter-sikh racism...

True, but the problem is we are always pressurised by parents to live a 9-5 bog standard job and life...

We need to educate and support each other and run enterprises to the benefit of the panth and ourselves. Can you believe that company which I mentioned in my previous post is a 100% non profit charity?? They plough their money into growth and in to the "khalsa council"!!

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh.

Dear Veerjee (OP),

Before I post can I say that from our recent clash of personalities I have learnt many things and would like to offer my sincerest apologise. For I am no true sikh of the guroo and still play in the shadows. It was foolish of me to retaliate to your unkind words but I am simply a student who still suffers at the hands of mata and kaljug. With that being said, I would now like to focus upon the topic of this post.

I don't understand exactly what is meant by 'Sikhism being attacked' whether this relates mainly to the attack by others in relation to its ideologies and beliefs, whether it is the sikhs themselves who are being attacked or whether it is a combination of both. Irrespective of its meaning, I do not believe that this stems from us not having our own state of Khalistan.

Although Khalistan would be a true blessing from God, the answer for our problems does not lie within a geographical place, a new government regime etc. but simply with the unity between the Khalsa - the students of God and the army of Sri Guru Gobindh Singh Jee Maharaj. Just as we have witnessed for many years, new spiritual paths that are lay down by God inspired individuals such as Abraham, Jesus and Mohammed (PUBH)become tarnished throughout the ages, where personal interpretations, culture, the vices and politics etc. become interwined within its message. Christianity, Judaism and Islam were all as a result of those who were God inspired, who had a connection with God and thus brought his message to humanity. However, over time when the religion became more established and its scriptures written by others - personal interpretations were added and the original messages became distorted. I can't really believe Vaaheguroo, our wonderous lord, would condemn the stoning and murder of adulterers or homosexuals - for he is without hate and created these individuals with an intention. It is those people that occured after this; that distorted the religion.

In relation to this, it is the lack of unity between sikhs which is seeing the original beauty and purity of this path following with that of its predecessors, as stated by Sri Guru Gobindh Singh - that the guroos original message will be lost. It is the creation of new sects within sikhi such as that of AKJ, Nirankari, Naamdhaari, Nihang etc. that cause resentment between sikhs, debating with what our guroos taught us in terms of beliefs, what our rehit maryada really is etc. If Sri Guru Gobindh Singh Jee was to now return to earth - we would truly be ashamed at the shambles of our unity.

We see muslims particulalrly sticking together in times of bliss as well as tribulation - that they have such a close unity with each other. We must see sangat jee, that we are all students of the one lord; whether we are Sikh, Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu or even atheist. We are all subject to the same hukam, we are all equal and we will all (at one point in our lives) experience the same sort of situations e.g. death, illness, marriage - irrespective of who we are. We are taught to love humanity and we are taught to carry out sevaa, but if we can't even manage this with our fellow brothers and sisters; we have no hope with humanity - and even if we can serve humanity - why not each other?!

Thus, the problems of sikhi being attacked is not by us not having Khalistan, but due to our lack of respect, love and unity for each other. For corrupt individuals whether they are "monahs", part of the Gurdwara comittees or even "amrithdhaaris" will always be present within the sangat for years to come, who as with other religions, will try and place their own beliefs into the religions teachings. It is our duty as sikhs however, to live up to the exemplar life of our guroos, to have only ONE Khaalsaa just as there is only ONE God, to be inspired and follow the life of our shaheeds who died for a religion they loved so much - which is now somewhat dimming in its beauty.

Sikhi is the greatest gift I have ever been blessed with, and is the greatest gift given to humanity. It is our duty as sikhs to ensure that this true message of God is present for future generations, so that this amazing blessing that we have recieved is there for us, the souls who will incarnate that of our children, our childrens children and their own children for many more years to come.

For in the Guroos' time there was total unity amongst sikhs regardless of caste, creed or colour etc. as we are all students of life and students of God and it was this unity - that led from one great victory to another.

For sikhi is the tree of love and for it to spread its branches world wide - it needs a solid foundation in which to do so.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!