Son Of A Sardar Tigerstyle Immortal Productions The Official Video

SaRpAnCh

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not amritdhari...

In my opinion its pretty good,its been playin on Brit Asia quite often and its promoting sikhi to be honest,there are no kuriya,sharraab etc in the vid.

This video could be inspiration to many people,ive spoken to many youth about this video and gotten nothing but postive responses.

At what point in this video did they go into a club? I didn't see it. Personally I saw a wicked video that expressed the way that a group of individuals' feel about life. In what particular way did this video and song disrespect Sikhi?

If you are talking about the fact that they go into clubs to perform, part of their careers as DJ's, I'd like to ask if you feel the same way about corner-shop/newsagent/cash&carry owners who sell alcohol and tobacco? What about financiers, bankers, stock brokers who lie and cheat? (I know they all don't by the way, just most of them!) At what point do you draw a line? I think rather than looking at what other people do and how they reflect on Sikhi, people should look at themselves first.

BIG UP TIGERSTYLE and KANWAR GILL. This video rocks.

Additionally, as Gurbani is timeless it does not need to be changed in order to inspire and teach people about life. I know that isn't what some of the posters above meant, but thought i'd make it clear. This record and video, like all art, is a form of personal expression that provokes people to think, to discuss and to progress. There is very little modern Sikh art. This is one very good example of it.

This type of music is very beneficial for one particular group amongst us. The group that doesn’t like going to the gurdwara or listening to kirtan, but still identifies with Sikhi. Let’s face it; any method that keeps the next gen attached o Sikhi is a positive step. Not everyone is going to be inspired to live the Gursikhi lifestyle, so the best we can hope for them is they continue identify with being Sikh, at the minimum. Would we rather like to see them wearing crosses instead of khandas?

Plenty of Punjabi singers wear dastaars when they release religious songs. We can look for negativity in this, or use to further our parchar.

Parchar need to happen in all directions within our community.

End of the day we can bring these guys down for “disgracing” us or thank them for making an effort, really depends on our grasp of reality and outlook.

There is a difference between "sikh" religion. And actual "sikhi" where love for God wells up. Wherever love for God wells up is fine. Does this video make love well up for "God". Well they talk about shaheeds, and the Guru's. So if it were to make one look more into Sikhi and the Gurus, they would find, that their whole life is based upon God. So love for God would well up. On the other hand it could make one look up into "sikh" religion. Where they might just not give a damn, or they end up becoming fanatics. And totally missing the point of Sikhi.

So to conclude, is this video good or not? It depends what it makes people do. If for example it makes people arrogant. Because these videos make one feel good about yourself. Boosting your ego, But this is actually not what Sikhi is about. But if it made someone realise the true meaning of the Guru's sacrifice and they started to love God, then it would be worth it.

Therefore nobody has the right to judge this video. It is all drama played by God anyway, what can we do about it?

Guest militant singh

big deal if they're amritdhari or not so wht ,wtz it 2 us thtz da problem wiv us Sikhz wen 1 of us does sumfink 2 advance 4wrd and inspire ppl 10 guyz cme pull em dwn

What is the purpose of posting the video on here?

These guys are jokes, amritdhari's with dhumallay and sri sahibs in clubs doing the gigs!?!

In the video one of the fools appears to be wearing dhumalla but has a trimmed up beard! i know they sometimes tie up their dharis but still, this is a joke.

These guys should be boycotted.

They activley promote a bad name for Singhs.

On one hand, we try to convince sikhs clubbing and music is wrong as were given ears for Bani to be heard and mouths to sing it yet these guys, in the same roop - amritdhari, Guru Jis Fauj's Roop are in the face of it playing crap the majority of the time.

I have had first hand experience of their gigs, back then i was not into Sikhi but was put off by their appearance and walked out of a gig.

Admin, please delete the link, viewing Tigerstyles stuff just brings shame to the roop of Khalsa.

did u actually watch the video?

first time in ages i have seen a nice video with no sharab, no kurian and clean lyrics yet people want to criticize :doh:

no one in the video has there beard trimmed, the kanwar gill guy has his beard tied and there is nothing wrong with that.....

and they are musicians, how exactly do you expect them to make a living if not by doing gigs? they arent really selling million albums that they'll be fine without doing gigs.