Fire At Donchester Gurdwara

all these fires happening is too weird. i know this sounds a bit namby pamby, but each gurudwara needs to put in procedures to protect themselves from damage. everyone should ask the committees this weekend, and put up some posters so that people take extra care in these times.

If you are labelling that Community as being a type of Community that would set Gurdware on fire on purpose you are gonna get youself into trouble.

Thas a bit out of order aint it? So your stereo-typing all Bhatre?

And here i thought we were all trying to eradicate caste... we clearly have a long way to go.

Oh and lastly... Sri Guru HarKrishan Sahib Ji Gurdwara is on Sherbone Street, not Cheetham Road. So were talking about a completely differnet GurKar.

:)

I'm sorry if I caused offence. That certainly wasn't my intention. I did state in my post that I was sure it was just a coincidence. However, we shouldn't bury our heads in the sand and ignore blind obvious facts. The fact is that there has now been 3 major fires in Gurdwaras in a short space of time. Surely its worth noting that although the bhatre make up a tiny percentage of Sikhs both in Britain and abroad, only existing in a few areas of Britain, all 3 fires have occurred in areas where they make up the overwhelming majority of the Sikh population.

Surely thats worth mentioning?

We need to get hold of all sikh organisations and gurdwara committee email adds/fax numbers and highlight the cases of fires and criminal damage that has happened since 2001.

So that they are aware that the British Sikh community will hold any committee who hasnt taken procedures to protect gurdwara premises and community centres from accidential fires or criminals. They will know that they were made aware by us the concerned community so that our pressure will make them take steps to make sure no incidents of this type happen again.

Singh n ting you need to get the facts straight as the Bhatra gurdwara situated in doncaster is in fact in the city centre and has just been refurbished. Maybe you need to do a little more research regarding bhatra as they are not people who burnt own their gurdwara willy nilly. If the bhatra are so bad then why did the Guru include Bhata di bani in the Sri guru granth sahib. I do not know what you people have against bhatra sangat.