Sikh Views On Homosexuality

geo

is it ok for a married man and woman to have sexual relations without procreating every time?

I wouldn't think so. God intented sex to be used for pro creation. If he didn't why would man end up ejaculating everytime? We being "intelligent" beings would be able to choose whether we want to preserve semen or not. But our bodies can't do that, hence we have been designed to pro-create everytime. But man loves kaam, so much they had to invent contraception.

I beleive, in my own opinion, is that we should be neither gay, or straight. Gay means you like the same sex, but straight means you like the opposite. But everyone should be considered as family. Only your spouse is exempt from that. But you would only, do it to pro create. So it is different from being "straight". Because gay or straight you suffer from lust, because you are attracted to girls/boys and don't see them as family. If you are neither it means you only love your wife/husband and everyone else is family. That is not being straight, because you only like one person. Where as if you are straight you like any person you fancy other than your spouse, and that is wrong in sikhi too.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if a couple has had 3 or 4 kids before 30 years old, should they refrain from sex forever? surely thats a bit harsh. can i assume from your answer that you believe contraceptives are not allowed? is there anything in the scriptures about this matter?

Geo r u a homesexual?

Just asking. Any particular reason for creating this topic. I think it has been covered before. I may be wrong.

do you really wish me to answer that question? dont you think that a persons sexuality is a private matter for them? i will answer if you really want

what if a couple has had 3 or 4 kids before 30 years old, should they refrain from sex forever? surely thats a bit harsh. can i assume from your answer that you believe contraceptives are not allowed? is there anything in the scriptures about this matter?

I don't really know, anything i say is just my opinion not the neccessarily the truth.

But i would say, in Sikhi you get married, not just for wordly reasons, like the average couple. But marriage in Sikhi would be to also help get closer to God. So if you are trying to get closer with God, with the support of your spouse, then, well i don't know how to say this. But God just does his thing, and bestows his grace. Any false desires, urges you have just go away. As Sikhs, i beleive we are trying to get God's forgiveness. And if we are trying to get this with the help of your partner, then God will make you intuitivly know, what is the right and wrong thing to do. Say you were gay, and addicted to sex, but if you become so close to God, he will sort you out himself. You might suffer from kaam, but God is there to help and can remove these urges like magic. He cures the incurable. You said "surely thats a bit harsh" Well not really, because unlike celibates who try to control their urges and restrain from their sexual desires, well God bestows his kindness, and removes the urges and desires from their roots, so you wouldn't even want to have sex, for recreational purposes. I hope that makes sense.

Basicially, if you want truth, and to escape falsehood, God imparts truth inside you, and you become cleansed. So you would NOT even want to have sex just for fun, if thats what your wondering. So it wouldn't even be problem because God removes the desire, hence it is not harsh. you don't have to control yourself, as there is nothing to control, unlike celibates.

another example, say you are greedy, and want lots of money, and you think "i can't be happy without lots of money" But if you were to start worshiping God, in the right way. God would give you virtue, and not make you greedy. Because it is him that sorts us out. So if you are not greedy any more, you wouldn't even want any money. Therefore you would be happy. And God would still probably give you lots of money anyway, seeing how kind he is.

edit: im actually just talking a load of crap don't listen.

True, but if you are not lying I rembember you mentioning in a post that you are married, several years ago? So you mentioned your status yourself.

im not lying, i am married, but that does not mean that i am definitely heterosexual or homosexual.

if you really wish to know i will tell you

ok im going to try to answer that again

ਭਰੀਐ ਹਥੁ ਪੈਰੁ ਤਨੁ ਦੇਹ ॥

When the hands and the feet and the body are dirty,

ਪਾਣੀ ਧੋਤੈ ਉਤਰਸੁ ਖੇਹ ॥

water can wash away the dirt.

ਮੂਤ ਪਲੀਤੀ ਕਪੜੁ ਹੋਇ ॥

When the clothes are soiled and stained by urine,

ਦੇ ਸਾਬੂਣੁ ਲਈਐ ਓਹੁ ਧੋਇ ॥

soap can wash them clean.

ਭਰੀਐ ਮਤਿ ਪਾਪਾ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ॥

But when the intellect is stained and polluted by sin,

ਓਹੁ ਧੋਪੈ ਨਾਵੈ ਕੈ ਰੰਗਿ ॥

it can only be cleansed by the Love of the Name.

ਪੁੰਨੀ ਪਾਪੀ ਆਖਣੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥

Virtue and vice do not come by mere words;

ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਣਾ ਲਿਖਿ ਲੈ ਜਾਹੁ ॥

actions repeated, over and over again, are engraved on the soul.

ਆਪੇ ਬੀਜਿ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਖਾਹੁ ॥

You shall harvest what you plant.

Basicially, if sexual desire is a bad sin, or something filthy. Im not saying it is, i don't know. I think it is though. But if it is something filthy. Love of the naam, will wash away filth. This is what i mean "you wouldn't even have the desire" Because you would of been washed clean. So lets all try to have our spiritual bath. Then problems won't even arise, if they are truly cleansed from the root. We could be sinning, but not knowing about it, but if we love the Naam, we are made aware of our sins anyway, and we stop doing it and are cleansed. This is why we shouldn't focus on questions like "is it right to be homosexual?" but instead focus on the naam, and you will automaticially know the answer anyway. If you think you are doing something wrong, but not sure, focus on the naam, and you will know for sure what it was anyway.