What Age Is The Earth

geo

Ok Geo, have you ever heard of humility. Why are you bragging how intelligent you are? Not a trait of a Sikh. People on the boards have answered your questions, however your remarks are causing people to react the way they do because they are insulting. You are trying to provoke people to get the negative reaction you want to get certain threads locked.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Geo, have you ever heard of humility. Why are you bragging how intelligent you are? Not a trait of a Sikh. People on the boards have answered your questions, however your remarks are causing people to react the way they do because they are insulting. You are trying to provoke people to get the negative reaction you want to get certain threads locked.

i have not intended to insult anyone, can you say the same when you accuse people of drinking cows urine?

i never mentioned my intelligence untill someone called me a fool. i was trying to explain to them that i am no fool

there is a life on other planets, not are there countless life on other planets in this universe, there are countless other universes! this is the sikhi belief. even scientists now believe there may be countless universes other then our own.

perhaps some scientists believe that but they are not in the majority. the whole point of the word universe is that it covers everything. so all these other "universes" would be part of the one and only universe.

this 2 part vid explains the multiple universe, aka 'the multiverse'. such a beautiful name.

the leading science experiments and theories are very very similar in nature of what our bani describes, but our bani goes that extra 'mile' (so to speak). the major theory is M theory. i have spent my time in reasearching this theory and learning this theory. it is a remarkable theory. it can be thought to be the uniting theory of our universe.

anyway, those of us that are slightly scientifically illiterate may find it hard to follow the explaination.

other such models include the brane worlds. it is really very intriguing.

i frequently say that when the chance arose for the question of 'what is that?' science looked outward, and religon looked inwards. i personally feel that science and religon will come around and meet each other and then science will say, 'oh yea! ok ur right!' to religon.

anyway.

gurfateh

you have a right to your beliefs, but i believe in future it will be religion that says 'oh yea! ok ur right!' to science. this is a logical conclusion if you project the progress of science compared religion and the ever decreasing following of religion in the world.

out of interest you say that when science and religion meet, which religion are you referring to there? or all are you referring to all religions?

hi,

first, i do not refer to any particular religon, nor all religons. i know sikhi the best out of the other ones which i know about, islam and hinduism, so it is the concepts that sikhi/ religon has, that science will yer come to terms with.

second, which beliefs are you reffering to that i have stated, that you say i have a right to? my belief is in god, however, i did not state in the above post anything to do with belief. i only stated FACTUAL cutting edge science.

so you (as i take it) a man/woman of science, rather than being in a mind state not counteracting religon, is the best way to go. i wish to say that there is a general comfort in knowing what we understand and a general insecurity, instability if you will, in believing in somthing that we cannot understand, i.e. god.

there are so many things that i love about science and religon. Dr. Michio Kaku had once stated that a theology of the universe is more important than the numbers game. i.e. the way i see it, is that religon has the mass potential to see or give the template, of the universe. though it is a minority, people have said a spiritual based science has the most profound of implications if it can be harnessed. i agree with them.

i wish to pick up on your seemingly mindful and logical approach to your conclusion. you seem to be judging god through the flaws of religon and, by the amount of followers that religon has (may i add, for some bizzare reason).

going by this seemingly seemless logic, if the minority of a given population disagree with the truth, then the truth will disappear. just because you have speculated that religon is depleting in its numbers, then religon is somehow made less importent/worthy in its own right. the truth is the truth no matter how many people believe it, or not.

finaly science, by definition, is the explaination of phenomena. religon, is attempting to describe the unfathomable, while saying alongside, it is infinite. this is god. this is the start of the (so called) now-a-day religons. (obviously setting aside the ill intents of people conjunctive to using god to justify these actions).

as a side note, there is a maths that has been devloped, (which i am trying to scrupulously further) that proves that it is possible to unite singularity with infinity. this is very cutting edge, quite amasing and amazingly simple to start with.. but anyway. this unification of singularity to infinity is in religon. in sikhi.

so herein lies why religon/sikhi will have the upper hand and science will always be saying 'oh yea! ok ur right!' to religon. i love science because of its nature of the hunger for information. it does it in such an innocent way. science is like the most formidable hunter, with the onset of the innocence of prey. but anyway.

i personally think that you (geo) are somone that wishes to circle in endless debate for no sake but glory, power maybe?. by all means you can do that. but just do that within your own self. (if you do have a golden brain-not that im saying u said that-, you will have just realised that i have just told you to go and meditate! all your questions are not that 'big'. you yourself can and will find the answers. if you choose to not do this, then you really do wish to mislead people and try to win 'debates' with people and claim justification, and again stability if you will, within yourself.)

search within yourself for your answers. if you dont understand somthing still, go to guru and do ardaas. search within yourself, use morals and common sense, and your instinct to guide you. listen to your self..

i hope you see that i am not having a go at you, i feel that this is the best way for you, and everyone else. so others dont feel you misguide other people, and so you get your answers.

it is common sense that actions that lack self control, or feed desire, are wrong. and it will lead you down the wrong path. i say this in response to your 'homosexuality' post. go towards god. thats it.

i wish to dissolve this discussion so.. happy reading.

gurfateh