Heathrow World Duty Free

Guest confusingh

I understand that one could say this is just a technicality, but by british constitution Jews and Sikhs are given nation status, one is born a Jew or a Sikh, but has to be initiated in order to be a Chrisitan, Muslim etc.

I think there is a massive lack of representation of Sikhism as a religion, partly due to certain organisations within the panth trying to claim exclusivity and saying ONLY they are correct etc. and in turn not bothering to go out and let people know who we are and what we stand for in a correct manner.

Ok we have all these exhibitions and awareness campaigns, but the organisers often don't include non-Sikhs there in order to inform them about our culture and belief system, this has resulted in Sikhi simply being seen as a 'small' religion and often not being represented where others are, this is plain and simple there is a lack of Sikhs giving educations to non-Sikhs about us, and the ones who are don't seem to do enough, just enough to get THEMSELVES credit rather than an event being a credit to the community.

I agree with fists of fury veer, surely if factions of Christianity are being used such as Protestant and Catholic, there should be Sikhism within there as we are not a factional religion (other than the daft amount of jathas people make and seperate organisations of no use).

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest confusingh

Duty free sells alot more than sharaab lol... its just you always see the pagg walay uncles running for the cheap famous grouse bottles lol

... and if a Sikh was not allowed to sell sharaab wouldn't that rule out every Sikh working in a supermarket, off licence or any large retail outlets?

In some sense its good, you wont get discrimiated by race. You know how strong your faith is, does it really matter if others know? do they need to know. Am sure when you turn up to the interview they will instantly know your a sikh (assuming your a singh of course if not then unspeficied might be more suitable regardless). Yes i said it !