The Truth About Sikhs And Caste In India (video)

Society is not confused. It is being toppled upside down. The aim is make everyone equal. But that is not happenning by bringing the low-income/poor/downtrodden up to the level of the rich/middleclass. But those at the top of economic structure are being being brought down to low income level/poorness to make everyone equal. the Indian govt has miserably failed to bridge the gap between the rich and poor. Those who were very rich are becoming super-rich, those who were poor are becoming super-poor and those in the middle class are just about make their both ends meet. Most from middle class are finding themselves in the lower income strata of society. This widening gulf between the the poor and the rich will give rise to a great revolution in the future. but our generation would be dead by then.

Society is not confused. It is being toppled upside down. The aim is make everyone equal.

I can't see that myself. Who has the egalitarian agenda? Central government? No way. Sikhs themselves...no way.

Besides you need to address the rampant materialism that has become part and parcel of Jatt culture now. Panjab is going down the toilet because Panjabis in general and Jatts in particular have lost their humility and spiritualism and are chasing unrealistic dreams.

We also need to realise when global warming kicks in, hot countries like India are in trouble! There is a strong chance the land will dry up and colder countries will become more tropical in nature.

Dalsingh ji

This really makes me, at least, ashamed of where we as a religion are heading. Moreover, Akali Dal which was founded with a righteous concern of freeing gurudwaras from Mahants and English Control, is now leading Quam into such a direction. I being a Punjab resident has witnessed the spell of akalis on people, even my relatives, singing hymns for akali dal that they are representatives of panth. Our misfortune is that there is no alternative to cast this spell off. History gave chances to others in punjab to cast this spell off, but they too fell prey to charm of power.

Let them fill their vessel of sins and betrayal towards Quam. Waheguru Ji does justice to all.

I don't know exactly what the solution is but I am sure of one thing, we need to talk about this openly. It has been hidden for too long.

Before holding Akali dal responsible perhaps it would be wise enough to show which 'SGPC' run gurdwaras are doing this shameful acts. Throw some light on the life of Babas/Sants too. Don't blame the whole quam for acts of few. Dalsinghji i strongly suggest you to visit your native village in Punjab and learn how your ancestors behaved with chure chamars. If discrimination existed in your ancestoral village and is stiil there, then you with your knowledge and foresight should help turn it around and then spread to other parts of Punjab. Talking and being open about will get us nothing.

Halaat in Punjab were bad when I used to live there. There was way too much discrimination being done toward lower caste folks. These days it seems a new kind of discrimination has reared it's ugly head, which in my opinion is worse than caste based discrimination. Money is the new caste, if you are rich everyone respects you, no one respects the poor :( It is so bad in some areas that people have 2 cell phones and a car just to for show!

cars and cell phones come really cheap in india. 75% of people buy big cars on installment loans and then don't repay the installments. It's not like in wesern countries where you have to pay the loan. Getting better of law is common and easy in India. Majority of people in India are Nangs, don't be taken by their flashy cars or cellulars.