Does Anyone Know Any Person Who Converted Out Of Love?

I was looking through the archieves of sikhnet and found this post!

"My second cousin got married to a white guy recently. Her grandfather (my father's uncle) is a staunch baptized Sikh. The white boy had to become Sikh to marry her. They got married in a Gurudwara."

Does anyone know any case where a non-sikh became a sikh in order to marry a Sikh?

Van80crimsfu

"My second cousin got married to a white guy recently. Her grandfather (my father's uncle) is a staunch baptized Sikh. The white boy had to become Sikh to marry her. They got married in a Gurudwara."

Does anyone know any case where a non-sikh became a sikh in order to marry a Sikh?

Van80crimsfu

Yes. Many.

Van80crimsfu

Yes. Many.

who then?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I know of many muslims who do this also. They do it mostly because otherwise the ceremonial Nikah or marriage cannot be perfomed .

I'm sure thats why they do it in most religions or I guess they know !!!

They both have to be muslim to do muslim ceremony. SO, mostly because of partner but not religion. My brother-in-law is muslim but married

a hindu girl & she had to become muslim 1st to do Nikah - there was a lot of fighting going on but it dosen't make sense cause my mother-in-law

is hindu herself but she converted to islam & really follows it. She & my father-in-law was forcing their son to convert his fiance to Islam .

But, I have a aunt who married a punjabi - Hari Singh & he did it out of his heart - he really follows Islam. I love Sikh religion & am @ the

Gurudwara all the time so I was questioning him & he lives in NewZealand so it's hard to really talk. He said we would have to sit down &

debate - which is what I want. I want to ask him why he converted from Sikh to Islam - we're from Fiji so we're very modernized & all sorts of

religion there so we're very open & loving - YEAH, they fall in love no matter what religion.

Whatever the reason may be, conversion to Sikhi should be a matter of truly realising the beauty and power of Sikhism. Sikhism is not a numbers game but a game of love with Gurujee. The power of being a Sikh should be that you are so inspiring and magical as a Sikh that people in your life are magnetically drawn to Sikhism through you. Its not about needing to debate and argue ,its about a Sikhi jeewan(life and lifestyle) and mindset that is tremendously attractive to people who come within your radar.

when you love someone so much that you are ready to spend your life with that person but then you want to convert the other person to your system of belief and then marry the person, does this make the person complete? or does it completes your love? these persons are not true lovers....if true lovers even exist.