Sikh Wedding Outside

Jassika

To those who disagree, i understand the concern but if we can take our guru sahib jee to various camps around globe then i am sure taking guru sahib jee to start new couple life is okay too ONLY if full respect is given along with sikh maryada.

Good Luck in your search

There's a big big difference between a camp, where the primary objective is to promote the message of the Guru and build peoples Sikhi, and a wedding which is being carried out in one-off venue to promote a couples big day.

If the family organisers feel that they can justify hiring out a big venue for their big day, I wonder if they'd spend that same money on a camp for hundreds of children in the same venue. Curiously, will they whisk away the saroop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji once the party starts or will Guru Ji be staying for the party bit too? Or is there an element of guilt with having a party afterwards such that the venue is no longer fit for Guru Granth Sahib Ji's saroop once the party commences?

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gosh wat is rong wid everyone, all th girl did was ask a simple question, and its turned into a debate. She stated no alcohol and fully vegetarian.

I know am amritdhari couple that got married and they didnt go to th gurdwara to have their wedding, they brought Guruji home to get married.

Somebody mentioned that if there is smoking in th vicinity, wat about when Guruji is taken out on Nagar Kirtan, on th streets where th whole public is, is that different? If it is then please explain how?

I agree to get married one should go to the gurdwara, that we should go to Guruji, and not other way round, but wat if this family has a lot of pyar for Guruji, has nobody even bothered to ask that? If its wrong then the giani's at th gurdwara should tell them, end of.