what it takes to be a taksali kaur

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

well for the same reason singhs and bibian refer to themselves as akj or tapobani or whatever, shes referring to herself as taksali. there is nothing wrong with that. you ask why not just a good kaur or daughter of guru gobind singh jee. well for example not all 'good' kaurs or daughters of guru gobind singh jee believe in raag mala. not that it makes them bad, but you expect a 'taksali' kaur to believe in raag mala, believe in kes as a kakaar, etc... she asked a just question and received just answers. just my 2 cents.

bhul chuk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

It's usually just in western countries that people refer to themselves as "Taksali Sikh" or "AKJ Sikh". In India they dont do that as much. Even if you do belong to a particular group, you shouldn't go around saying that I am this and I am that. That confusus people of other faiths, who are under the impression that there are no such divisions in our Panth.

No one this forum refers to themselves as "Taksali Sikh or " AKJ Sikh". Taksali Kaur ur post is not gona do anyone any good just cause more problems like we already don't have enough.God knows wat ur intentions are of posting this useless topic. As for wat we expect from you. I'd personally expect you to become a "Kaur" not Taksali Kaur or any other Jathebandi Kaur.

Agree with Mkhalsa.

Well, being taksali or akj doesn't always mean that u chose to follow that path. For instance, I was raised by a family that's completley akj. So, being raised this way I stay with akj. That doesn't mean that i'm better or worse than anyone else, it just means that I follow a rehat diffrent than others. Saying that, I don't think that anybody should judge Taksali Kaur because she wants to be a good Taksali Kaur.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

you guys are questioning taksali kaur and why she would post something like that. and what her intentions were bla bla bla. but you guys are the ones that are making an issue out of nothing. drop it....

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Where is it said that I have to call myself AKJ singh if I believe in the AKJ? Just because I believe in them, I don't have to tell everyone.

and to answer your second question,

why do you have to be a good "Taksali" kaur? why cant you be a good kaur or a good daughter of guru gobind singh jee..

That's judging, because a taksali is a daughter of guru gobind singh ji, just as every singh is.

Bhaenjee Just represent yourself.. Don't change yourself for others and i know that you know that :wub: keep the sikhi alive in urself and you will be set for the chardi kala life.. !! and later on in ur life be a strong role model for your kids..