Jathedar Sahib

sigher

he allowed the demolision of the ramgharia bunga at nanded and countless homes of hazoori sikhs.

That has nothing to do with the Jathedar. His control is over the Takhat, nothing else. If you want to meet a Bhramgyani in this day and age, go and meet Jathedar Kulwant Singh Ji.

Sigher, afaik, original bana was like that - it's actually a single piece of cloth held in place with a kamrkassa. During difficult times, there was no time to stitch sleeves etc or get choley made so I think it's remained a tradtition for the pujari to wear it when doing sewa in the sachkhand room.

Hmm, it looks like some kind of unstitched fabric that he wears to do seva of the shasters.

I guess you could look at it as some kind of sadhu ritualistic thing.

Or you could look at it as preventing airborne or other contaminants from affecting the shasters, which, hopefully will be there for hundreds of thousands of years to come and we need to treat them like they will. A few microns of wear every day will add up to a very noticeable .25 mm of wear in only a few centuries. Oils and dirt that we have on our body have a corrosive effect. Just check out a gutka after 5 years of daily use.

In general, it's probably a good idea not to get too worked up about maryada at HZR (Hazur Sahib) as it's not going to change. Thanks for bringing this up, though. I learned something I didn't know before.

fatehh

What is the bana Jatehdar Baba Kulwant Singh Ji wears sometimes. It looks like a sadhu bana. He only wears it when doing Shaster seva. What is the significane of this? Why must he wear this?

wjkk wjkf

the bana is called a "gati", it is a piece of material like saree material which i sworn over kacha and banain, it is tyar bar tyar bana and its easy to fight in as it is well and securely wrapped, also it is puratan maryada and all jathedars wore the same.

he allowed the demolision of the ramgharia bunga at nanded and countless homes of hazoori sikhs.

That has nothing to do with the Jathedar. His control is over the Takhat, nothing else. If you want to meet a Bhramgyani in this day and age, go and meet Jathedar Kulwant Singh Ji.

Sigher, afaik, original bana was like that - it's actually a single piece of cloth held in place with a kamrkassa. During difficult times, there was no time to stitch sleeves etc or get choley made so I think it's remained a tradtition for the pujari to wear it when doing sewa in the sachkhand room.

what evidence do you have to make such a big statement that he is a"brahmgiani"?

just because you are born into a doctors family, it doesnt make u a doctor. You have to do kamaee to earn your status, just because Jathedar sahib does seva in anguita sahib, it doesnt automatically make him a brahmgiani. He has to do kamaee to reach that status just like any one of us!

please dont use the word Brahmgiani so lightly, there are a lot of mahapursh who did a lot of kamaee and finally reached that stage. Jathedar Sahib was studying (BA) after which committee members gave the role of Jathedar, he has to do his kamaee just like anyone else in this world.

of course we all respect him because vaheguru has given him such a high seva, which indicates that he has done some very good karam in previous life. No matter what he is Takhat sachkhands Jathedar, and we hold the utmost respect for him, and his seva is very very great.