Ok To Listen To Gurbani When Ur Sleeping

london001

a lot of gursikhs i know always have simran chant /sikh radio station /keertan on during the few hours they sleep. I am reminded of 'ghar ghar andar dharamsal ,hoveh keertan seda vesoa'' hence keertan/simran 24/7 except wen u relli cant e.g at work ,shopping etc is a good idea .

Ofcourse!!

You will absorb it through your sub conscious! Try it

These so called hyponotisers use this techique i.e. play audio while your sleeping because they know the power of the sub conscious mind!

Now imagine if you can absorb bani whilst sleeping, what a blessing! I personally find it hard as I like it to be pin drop silence when I sleep, but I remember in a Gurdwara, if I couldn't stay awake, I used to lie down and just listen to the kirtan.

unfortunately today, lying down in your home, in the Guru's court, in our kings court instantly means disrespect or beadbi as most people like to say. They don't know how to treat Gurudwara as their own home.

Waheguru

if you go thru a few you tube vids around the net you'll find ways of securing yur keshkee/dumalla such that it doesnt come off no matter how much u toss n turn or move in bed . as you do more n more n more simran in ur life ull also find that wen u sleep ur mind sinks in such deep levels of consciousness such as 'delta' that you hardly move but sleep very still like a baby .

We should take guidance from GURBANI on this aspect and then we come to know

"NEEND SUHELI NAM KI LAGI BHOOKH"( the sleep is successful wherein apatite for

NAM arises ) and "KYA SAWNA KYA JAGNA GURMUKH TE PARWAN" and "SAPNE HOO BARARAYE

KE JEH MUKH NIKSE RAM, TAKE PAG KI PANHI MERE TAN KO CHAM".

As such listening GURBANI while going to sleep ,sleeping

and subconsciousness after deep sleep when we are neither sleeping nor awakening,

is not against any code of conduct,rather it tunes our sub conscious mind with the

super relay station of WAHEGURU (LIV UNMAN NAM LAGAAN ).We can also take guidance

from DHUR KI BANI as:-

- SUTRE SUKHI SWANN JO RATTE SEH AAPNE

-SUTYAN GURU SALAHIYE UTHDYAN BHI GURU ALAO

-SUTYAN HAR PRABH CHET MAN HAR SEHAJ SAMADH SAMAYE

Though I have tried to explain as per best of the knowledge inherited by reciting

SEHAJ PATHS even than I no body to claim that the above expaination is crrect or

approximately correct or partially crrect becuse "BHULLAN ANDER SABH KO ABHULL GURU KARTAR"

GURU DARR DA kookar

We should take guidance from GURBANI on this aspect and then we come to know

"NEEND SUHELI NAM KI LAGI BHOOKH"( the sleep is successful wherein apatite for

NAM arises ) and "KYA SAWNA KYA JAGNA GURMUKH TE PARWAN" and "SAPNE HOO BARARAYE

KE JEH MUKH NIKSE RAM, TAKE PAG KI PANHI MERE TAN KO CHAM".

As such listening GURBANI while going to sleep ,sleeping

and subconsciousness after deep sleep when we are neither sleeping nor awakening,

is not against any code of conduct,rather it tunes our sub conscious mind with the

super relay station of WAHEGURU (LIV UNMAN NAM LAGAAN ).We can also take guidance

from DHUR KI BANI as:-

- SUTRE SUKHI SWANN JO RATTE SEH AAPNE

-SUTYAN GURU SALAHIYE UTHDYAN BHI GURU ALAO

-SUTYAN HAR PRABH CHET MAN HAR SEHAJ SAMADH SAMAYE

Though I have tried to explain as per best of the knowledge inherited by reciting

SEHAJ PATHS even than I no body to claim that the above expaination is crrect or

approximately correct or partially crrect becuse "BHULLAN ANDER SABH KO ABHULL GURU KARTAR"

GURU DARR DA kookar

That's excellent!!! You brought out quite a few gurbani tukha that differentiate between the consciousness of the usual ordinary materialistic person, and a blessed gursikh, especially during the sleep cycles. A blessed gursikh's consciousness has started to get in tune with Naam ,resulting in a different kind of sleep. A gursikhi jeewan based on simran ,kirtan and gurbani results in this, sooner or later, through Gurujee's kirpa.

So looks like in you, we have our own inhouse walking talking gurbani quotations reference library! hahaaa thats awesome and brilliant! And yes ,you are absolutely smashing right on sehaj paath. It really helps anyone to be familiar with the gyan and gurmat in SGGS that can totally revolutionise our life!

i heard from someone that if you fall asleep while chanting gurbani then the whole period you are asleep counts as your kamai before you wake up. For example, if you have been japing bani for 20 minutes and then fall asleep and sleep for 6 hours then your kamai will be for 6 hrs + 20 min. And also 1 hr of bhakti in kuljug is equal to 1 year of bhakti of satyug. Is that true??

i heard from someone that if you fall asleep while chanting gurbani then the whole period you are asleep counts as your kamai before you wake up. For example, if you have been japing bani for 20 minutes and then fall asleep and sleep for 6 hours then your kamai will be for 6 hrs + 20 min. And also 1 hr of bhakti in kuljug is equal to 1 year of bhakti of satyug. Is that true??

a small amount of bhagti in kalyug is equa to a LARGE amount of time in bhagti in satyug.

but not sure about the ratio 1 hour:1 year

a small amount of bhagti in kalyug is equa to a LARGE amount of time in bhagti in satyug.

but not sure about the ratio 1 hour:1 year

haha neither me .me maths aint too good . forgotten about ratios haha . it all feels timeless n spaceless anyway once ur consciousness 'lifts off'' during simran or while listening to a long keertan set hahaaa .