Sikhs And Solace

Sat sri akaal

Dear all and Papi Jee!

Please listen. Guru Amar Daas Jee is singing.

ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਥਾਕੇ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਨ ਆਈ ॥

पड़ि पड़ि थाके सांति न आई ॥

parhi parhi thaake saaNti na aaee. sggs ang 120

by reading and reading get tired. Saanti does not come.

You wrote "If I really wanted solace then I would read Gurbani, others may do sewa, others may do yoga, others may go play some sports, others may find a good friend to talk to, others may play a musical intrument ...the list goes on..."

Do Sikhs follow different ways to get solace?

Balbir Singh

Sat sri akaal

Dear all and Papi Jee!

Please listen. Guru Amar Daas Jee is singing.

ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਥਾਕੇ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਨ ਆਈ ॥

पड़ि पड़ि थाके सांति न आई ॥

parhi parhi thaake saaNti na aaee. sggs ang 120

by reading and reading get tired. Saanti does not come.

You wrote "If I really wanted solace then I would read Gurbani, others may do sewa, others may do yoga, others may go play some sports, others may find a good friend to talk to, others may play a musical intrument ...the list goes on..."

Do Sikhs follow different ways to get solace?

Balbir Singh

So balbira.. your point is?? Posting one line gurbani tuks to satisfy your clever tricks..

Siddey tara keh.. "Bani nah paro" why using brainwashing tatics?

All of your past posts/replies are of nastak nature.

Sat sri akaal!

Dear all and S1ngh Jee!

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee has not one Vaak but hundreds where reverend Gurus clearly say. Nobody has realized truth by reading books.

Since three hundreds years people are also collecting or spending money for reading Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee.

Sikhi is not a business (dhandhaa).

Strange! Sikhs are seeking solace and their preachers go on telling stories which the true Gurus never mentioned even.

Is this the result of learning Sikhi that Sikhs are not finding the way how to get solace as the great Gurus have suggested?

I hope you are a great Sikh and will participate in discussion a nice way.

Please do not try to be personal.

Balbir Singh

Nobody has realized truth by reading books.

and you realized the truth? To you guru jees bani scripture is a mere book but to us it is more than that and it take ages to understand.

Since three hundreds years people are also collecting or spending money for reading Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee.

Sikhi is not a business (dhandhaa).

Sure Sikhi is not a business but it is duty of every sikh to donate dasvandh to sikh kaum and most of us 90% are not doing that (including me), so that is why we are having problems of sikh preachers asking for money for their time/energy and to feed their family. Don't pin point kaum problem and use that as a tool to prove your point. We can come up with thousands of problems such as above but none of us try to discuss on how to remove such problems from our society. Fifty years ago... nobody pay for arranging Akhand Path as family themselves do the path for their or kaum's benefits, so your quote on saying "300 years" is useless unless you can prove that back then ppl use to give money for arranging akhand paths and so on..

Strange! Sikhs are seeking solace and their preachers go on telling stories which the true Gurus never mentioned even.

Yes that is what is going on in places like sikh missionary college, ldh and their co-sponsored nastak camps taking place around the globe.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and S1ngh Jee!

Thanks for a sincere and constructive post.

Quote from Balbir Singh "Gurdev confirms it 'Nobody has realized truth by reading books'."

S1ngh Jee "and you realized the truth?"

Balbir Singh "I have also not realized truth by reading books."

Quote from S1ngh Jee "To you guru jees bani scripture is a mere book but to us it is more than that and it take ages to understand."

Guru Jee's BaaNee is spoken Truth. Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee is the written collection of their Hymns.

One may realize wisdom of Naam first. Then he will be able to praise Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee.

Realizing truth is not possible by repeatedly reading Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee.

Reverend Gurus have often mentioned that Gur (Wisdom) of Naam is received through BaaNee. They never mentioned that the Gur of Naam is received by reading.

Quote "Sure Sikhi is not a business but it is duty of every sikh to donate dasvandh to sikh kaum . . ."

That is strange. Sikhi is not a business but please give one tenth of your income to Sikhi.

Please explain. Why the true Gurus never used the word 'Dasvandh'?

Quote " . . . we are having problems of sikh preachers asking for money for their time/energy and to feed their family."

First decide what Sikhs are seeking. Is it karam-kaand of a worldly religion or true Naam Simran?

Organizers invite sick preachers for stage shows who are having empty bellies only. They have nothing spiritual to offer.

Please ask yourself. Why Sangat remains thirsty after hearing them and falls back in the daily miser?

Quote "None of us try to discuss on how to remove such problems from our society."

This is a great point.

In my experience only true Naam Simran is the way.

Quote "Fifty years ago... nobody pay for arranging Akhand Path as family themselves do the path for their or kaum's benefits, so your quote on saying "300 years" is useless unless you can prove that back then ppl use to give money for arranging akhand paths and so on.."

My grandfather used to tell about his grandfather's evidence of such practices.

Quote from Balbir Singh "Strange! Sikhs are seeking solace and their preachers go on telling stories which the true Gurus never mentioned even."

S1ngh Jee wrote "Yes that is what is going on in places like sikh missionary college, ldh and their co-sponsored nastak camps taking place around the globe."

They are frustrated as well and looking for new ways only. But changing a dress or buying a new faucet alone does not quench the spiritual thirst.

Balbir Singh

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Ah yes, Balbir...back at it again I see. I see that you have not been properly introduced:

Sangat Ji, please welcome Balbir Singh, a man who has been plaguing various forums, especially Sikhnet for an extended period of time attacking various Gurmat principles. I am sure you will get to know him well as he posts nonsense and attempts to confuse as he takes Gurbani quotes out of context and post them on here if you haven't already been acquainted.

"Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee has not one Vaak but hundreds where reverend Gurus clearly say. Nobody has realized truth by reading books." <-- prime example - Baba here is trying to say that reading Gurbani does not get anywhere, but he uses Gurbani to state it. So using this circular brand of logic, he attempting to stop people from reading Gurbani (I am sure he will deny this and spin this whole story to make me look like the evil bad man I really am) by quoting Gurbani.

I am surprised he has not towed the "Sant Ki Ninda" verses yet...but that would make it too obvious what his agenda is.

Oh yeah, with this twisted brand of logic of "by reading and reading get tired. Saanti does not come." in the context that you are warping it into - per what you say, why do post anything if you know that us reading it will not cause any Shaanti. Perhaps you should remain Shaant and let everyone be shaant - but alas, how would you recruit members to your dera??? I'm sorry, I did not mean to step on your business. Now, do your chelae pay your way, or is the GOI subsidizing your way of life?

Now that he has been properly introduced, let the trash posting begin.