How To Get Fat?

satty2007

i need advice on how to gain some muscle. iv'e started to lose weight since i've been blessed with amrit because im very picky about what i eat as i dont want to break my rehit.

is there any advie on how i can gain some muscle or what kind of food i should eat apart from roti?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eat juiced up prontehhhhh!!!
DON'T EVER DO THAT!!! :o I don't thinkpeople realize how unhealthy pronthey can be for you! All they do is clog up your arteries i.e. slowly kill your body.

The forum link given by matheen is a REALLY good place to ask this question. Jassa's also gave solid advice, drink lots of milk, increase your milk intake by a small amount every week until you have worked your way up to about 1 gallon/day (thats about 3.8 litres). Most important of all, if you want to gain muscle, you must to do resistance training, weight training is the most popular form of resistance training.

depends what ure body is like. i dnt like modern ways of doing things so i look at how they used to do things. esp in india like looking ayurveda and stuff.

basically u need to do excercise, every day keep a routine at least 15 mins. jack lalane also says that exercise levels u out. so if ur fat itl make u thiinner, (and accoridng to ayurveda and commen sense every1 has their level of slimness), and if ur slim make u bigger, again every1 has their limits. but dont work urself so much that ur so tired next day. thats y i dont do weight trainig no more jst use body weight ie press ups and stuff. i put on 2 pounds a week.

eat what u feel like. in india they did used to have a lot of milk and ghey. but dont overdo it. have as much as is nice for ur body. in ayurveda mithaa is said to puff up all tissues in ur body be it fat or muscle.

Guest JangalDa

First join a gym and get a personal trainer - do not try DIY methods. Personal trainers will individualise a programme for you around your lifestyle and needs, with realistic aims.

For foods (I'm assuming you are non meat eating), go for porridge made desi style for breakfast with banana. For main meals eat heartily pulses and green vegetables. Snack on cashews and almonds twice a day. Desi ghee is atherogenic - avoid unless you are able to work it off ie plough 5 acres a day with an old fashioned hal and dungara method. Finally never neglect cardio workout - traditionalists will tell you that it goes against putting on muscle bulk, but its your long-term health that is most important.

Also at the end of the day its your genetic make-up that accounts a lot for your physical potential and size is not everything! Guru Gobind Singh ji was of moderate height and slight build, but his skill as a swordsman/archer/horseman was the key to his success on the battlefield. Whereas Baba Deep Singh was a goliath of a man whose shear strength tore down the ranks of the dusht. Different types and abilities, but to the same effect, if you see what I'm getting at.

Good solid advice by JangalDa!

but dont work urself so much that ur so tired next day. thats y i dont do weight trainig no more jst use body weight ie press ups and stuff.
Actually, you know when during exercise you get to a point where you don't think you can't go on anymore? If you push yourself to do more from that situation, that's when your body really gets built. This is what elite athletes do!
i put on 2 pounds a week.
Enjoy what is known as the "honeymoon" phase of training :) This won't last long, unless you are genetic freak lol

What you are doing will work just fine for average person, they will see gains in strength, endurance and muscle mass. But if one wants to be really strong, more needs to be done.

Guest singhy

train with heavy weights, so you can do three sets of 8-6-4 reps, and increase ur protein intake (through a protein shake) and carbs by eating more pasta, potatoes etc.

as they say, Train heavy get Huge!!

Train heavy get Huge!!
If only it was that simple.

Practical Programming for Strength Training by Rippetoe & Kilgore, page 67

The size of a muscle is frequently associated with how strong someone is. We've all seen people who just look strong. They have an imposing muscular appearance. And there is truth in this perception-absolute strength does increase as muscle cross-sectional area gets bigger. It is an inevitable consequence of weight raining that the muscles will get larger. This is why most people do it. This growth happens whether the intent of the training is strength, power, or mass. But by choosing high-volume and lower-intensity training, one can maximize muscle mass gains. It is accepted among many bodybuilders that repeatedly performing five sets of twelve reps of an exercise with minimal rest between sets is optimal for producing muscle hypertrophy [muscle gains].

Personally, I train for strength (heavy weight, low volume), not muscle mass.