How To Get Fat?

satty2007

didnt read it nywhere. jst because modern science dnt knw stuff dnt mean its untrue. give u an example. modern science says that have sex good for u because increases testosterone which is good to get u big and strong.. right? bt it actually decreases strength and stamina(obv also affects mind). nyway who cares jst do bhagti. but protien shakes are bad dnt get hung up about them. jst because science say its good dnt mean its good.

Studies have been done that prove that with in 24 hours after sex people are back to 100% strength and stamina. If protein were bad for you then having a bowl of daal would be bad for you as well. 100g of daal will have around 26g of protein, a scoop of protein typically has 27g.

Testosterone does not make you big, if that were the case than every guy that did resistance training would be huge. It's really excess testosterone makes you big and strong. Men need testosterone just like women need estrogen. Oh and protein and testosterone are two completely different things.

Having said that, I always advocate getting protein from dietary sources and avoiding protein shakes as much as possible. This works for those of us who do not have to worry about getting fat, i.e. the original poster. Such persons can get enough protein from daal and milk, provided they eat enough, which again should not be a problem as the aim is to gain weight. For other's like me who can not afford to gain fat, we need a source of food high protein and low in carbohydrates. Being a vegetarian, my options are pretty limited here. so protein shake does the trick. If I were a meat eater then I would have only 1 protein shake a day, just before my workout.

as you want to put on weight you would need to increase your protein uptake. you would need to consume around 1.2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight to put on muscle mass. that would be almost impossible to do without a protein shake. granted that protein shakes are synthetic, but there is no real alternative. CNP Promass is a good shake to have as it has a good protein content aswell as carbs which as mentioned in previous posts help to put weight on.
The minimum requirement is 1g or protein per pound of body weight. Remember that you will get protein from your regular diet as well. So it's not like you will be having 150g of protein in shakes if you weigh 150lbs. Also, make sure you exercise intensely if you are taking lots of protein. By that I don't mean spending 1 hr /day on the boring treadmill jogging. I mean exercise so intense that you only stop because your lungs simply can not keep up with the exertion you are putting your body through.

wat about sabu dana? thats 98% protein, without cooking it though with outher stuff init. u might wana try that if ur looking for high protein low carbs

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wat about sabu dana?
Never heard that phrase in my life :umm: I'll ask my parents. Thanks for the info jio :)

tapioca seeds i think. seen in india as having lot of takat. also good for protein is kaley choley. soak them over night and then boil them in morning and take wat comes out of them. kaley scholey also seen as very good. badam also

Sabu Dana is NOT 98% Protein. I know it says this on the back of the "East End foods" Sabu dana packs, but they're wrong. It should be 98% carbohydrates. Look it up on the net - Sabu Dana is known as sago seeds or just sago in English.

It is very good if you're bulking up or when recovering from illness. It also balances the elements in the body according to desi medicine.

Yeh I say eat then sleep straight away- eat loads of cakes, pies, biscuits and chocolate, crisps and macdonalds. Don't walk or run just sit around- In fact don't do anything just stay really idle, or play video games all day.

What's wrong with you, people pay to get skinny..

Good to know, so there are no food sources for vegetarians that are low in carbs but high in protein? :umm:

There are, most dals, chickpeas (chaney), youghurt etc have some carbs but nothing excessive. Soya is also low carb, but I personally don't eat it if I can help it. Unless you're trying to 'cut', we need carbs so it's not a problem.

Oh, I feel stupid now. Just read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lentils. I used to think daal is 60% carbs and ~30% protein. But I just read the breakdown and of the half of the 60% is fiber :o So really, daal is ~30% carbs, ~30% fiber, ~30% protein. Now that is a super food :D If that was not enough, daal tastes GOOOODDDD :L:

I used to have lots of tofu, but I have pretty much given it up now. Don't want extra estrogen going into my body.