How To Get Fat?

satty2007

^ jassa sio, whey based isolate protein is indeed the best type of protein you can have. However, casein based protein is also not bad for you. Research has shown that having protein shake BEFORE workout produces more of a anabolic response than having it after workout. Key point is, don't buy cheap (ie low quality) protein!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no no no ... isolate protein is which has 90 percent protein per scoop ... but it makes it expensive ... if u look at protein per gram at ur pocket then concentrate protein is best ... it comes out to be cheapest ... and i dont know whats the use of special casein protien ... drink milk cheese all milk products are casine protein so i dont think one needs to buy casine shakes ... whey is great get in blood within one hour as soon as u drink it .... and i workout at 6 in morning so i take my shake after my workout ... i also took it preworkout but it doesnt work for me ... two bananas before workout is best for me ...

Guest sdagsdg
also singh dnt have protein shakes keep it natural. not known by modern science but itl mke ur muscles big no doubt but when ur older then protein shakes kind of eat away at ur muscles. not good for health. i had it twice felt it in my bones and joints man. its not healthy
What?!!! :wacko: Do you have ANY research to point to this? Maybe you just had cheap quality protein...

In any case, you only need protein pre and post workout, other times you can have daal which is loaded with protein. Since the OP is skinny, he does not have to worry about having too much carbs :)

It's amazing how much misinformation about health and fitness is out there :umm:

didnt read it nywhere. jst because modern science dnt knw stuff dnt mean its untrue. give u an example. modern science says that have sex good for u because increases testosterone which is good to get u big and strong.. right? bt it actually decreases strength and stamina(obv also affects mind). nyway who cares jst do bhagti. but protien shakes are bad dnt get hung up about them. jst because science say its good dnt mean its good.

I don't want to get like really big muscles

It's not like you're going to train for one day and come out looking like a bodybuilder. The basics are the same, you need to train with intensity and eat right.

Dont protien shakes contain animal derived products??? that's what i read on a website anyway.

Some do, most don't - read the ingredients. Please check out the link I posted earlier, it answers all your questions and more.

Defo need a protein shake. when u lift weights you tear your muscles. when the muscles repair they are stronger and bigger, as the body reacts to an intense workout. the protein helps mend the tears in the muscle, so its recommended to have a protein shake immediately after a workout, as at this time the body can absorb twice as much protein as it would had you not worked out.

as you want to put on weight you would need to increase your protein uptake. you would need to consume around 1.2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight to put on muscle mass. that would be almost impossible to do without a protein shake. granted that protein shakes are synthetic, but there is no real alternative. CNP Promass is a good shake to have as it has a good protein content aswell as carbs which as mentioned in previous posts help to put weight on.

Thanks for all the replies.

I don't want to get like really big muscles or anything like that i want to gain a some muscle so i dont look skinny.

Dont protien shakes contain animal derived products??? that's what i read on a website anyway.

gurfateh singh

this helped me i aint muscle man and i aint fat but i aint jst bones no more, good size and look strong if u knw what i mean. sum excercise EVERY DAY. keep same time, routine important. choose whichever kind of excercise u prefer. i dnt do weights because it seems to make me v angry and vikarree( hormones i guess), jst use my body weight push up pull ups for bicep and back and all different types of press ups like normal ones indian ones ones for back ones ones for triceps, work my abs and lower back a lot and also forearms also bthak important work whole body. jst be free do wat u feel like. experiemnt and enjoy experimenting but push urself as much as u feel is healthy for u dont wana do to much or too little.. dnt b lazy and dnt be crazy

dnt worry about protein theres a big hype about protein but dnt bother bout it u dnt realy need it. also too much will make ur mind tlk too much aswel i noticed. i was stuck in modern ways of thinking and stuff aswel for a good while but then my rehit wasnt too good so i thought id let myself go free and do what i feel is healthy for me not what i am told is healthy for me. jst eat wat u like. i like mitha soo i have more with my meals, also mithaa is said to puff up all tiseus in body. have 4 mayb 5 small meals a day watever u liek dnt bother bout calories either, its the constant eating that counts. eat little at night time. u need to stay healthy and gain weight at same time as this is most beneficial for ur dhiaan. also i drink desi ghey every morning and i have milk with weetabix and sukar (indian sugar thing) or gur. i dnt realy like having white sugar. o and also i have badam every morning strart from 5 a day and then build it up.

also dnt stress bout things. seems bit basic but it wil help ur weight gain. have massage, self massage i do. ur supposed to every day but watever. it helps u relax also strengthens body also it is good for muscular development. that is why in india u go to any akharraa and u wil see that they do a lot of massage to each other. suro da tel i think is to make u relaxed(although smells baaaaaaad) and badam rogan is for strength. also the make of oil will affect aswel. where i live u can have pride, htc or east end badam oil. im xperiemtning which is best i think htc so far out of the three but genreally vasmol and dabur are good makes. other companies usualy mix other stuff in liek sunflower oil i think. time to do massage - doing before ur worktout(worukout should be at least 15 mins but longer if u want depends on ur stamina) helps u relax and therefore train harder. and doing after is said to help remove the impurities in ur body that excercise helps bring out.

also singh have as much sleep as u need at night not too much not too little again dnt b lazy. about 4 hours is good 6 is ok for starting. persoinally daas prefers waking up v early as time for most kirpa is said to b 2-5 in summer and 3-6 in winter. its raas at that time man. and then sleeping little bit after. but the point i was trying to get to singh is that 30 mins sleep in most afternoons will make u increase ur weight aswel. but sleep if ur tired if ur not no point init. nything that hepls ur bhagti take on boardntyhing that doesnt jst leave. also ur supposed to do accoridng to ayurevda all ur massage and excercise in morning but whateever.

nd good luck jsst keep healthy

gurfateh

didnt read it nywhere. jst because modern science dnt knw stuff dnt mean its untrue. give u an example. modern science says that have sex good for u because increases testosterone which is good to get u big and strong.. right? bt it actually decreases strength and stamina(obv also affects mind). nyway who cares jst do bhagti. but protien shakes are bad dnt get hung up about them. jst because science say its good dnt mean its good.

Studies have been done that prove that with in 24 hours after sex people are back to 100% strength and stamina. If protein were bad for you then having a bowl of daal would be bad for you as well. 100g of daal will have around 26g of protein, a scoop of protein typically has 27g.

Testosterone does not make you big, if that were the case than every guy that did resistance training would be huge. It's really excess testosterone makes you big and strong. Men need testosterone just like women need estrogen. Oh and protein and testosterone are two completely different things.

Having said that, I always advocate getting protein from dietary sources and avoiding protein shakes as much as possible. This works for those of us who do not have to worry about getting fat, i.e. the original poster. Such persons can get enough protein from daal and milk, provided they eat enough, which again should not be a problem as the aim is to gain weight. For other's like me who can not afford to gain fat, we need a source of food high protein and low in carbohydrates. Being a vegetarian, my options are pretty limited here. so protein shake does the trick. If I were a meat eater then I would have only 1 protein shake a day, just before my workout.

as you want to put on weight you would need to increase your protein uptake. you would need to consume around 1.2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight to put on muscle mass. that would be almost impossible to do without a protein shake. granted that protein shakes are synthetic, but there is no real alternative. CNP Promass is a good shake to have as it has a good protein content aswell as carbs which as mentioned in previous posts help to put weight on.
The minimum requirement is 1g or protein per pound of body weight. Remember that you will get protein from your regular diet as well. So it's not like you will be having 150g of protein in shakes if you weigh 150lbs. Also, make sure you exercise intensely if you are taking lots of protein. By that I don't mean spending 1 hr /day on the boring treadmill jogging. I mean exercise so intense that you only stop because your lungs simply can not keep up with the exertion you are putting your body through.