Gurdwara Dhan Dhan Baba Vadbhag Singh, Coventry

Jas R

WaheGuruJi Ka Khalsa WaheGuruJi Ki Fateh

Does anyone have any more info on the above Gurdwara ? It's on the Bayton Road industrial estate in Exhall. Just wondering who's behind it, etc. Have heard it's something to do with Gurdwara Ajit Darbar in Coventry.

Thanks...

I visited it once - I dont like the going ons in that place at all so i suggest you stay clear.

From Gurmat Rehat Maryadha - please see highlighted bold.

The following five groups are not to be associated with as they have betrayed the Guru.

The company of these five is to be refrained from as they may also influence us to betray

the Guru in the same way that they did.

1. Meene

Satguru Ramdas Jee disowned Prithi Chand 44 and called him Meena for having a

needless enmity with Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee. Prithia’s descendants are those who once

got a Brahmin to attempt to poison Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee, and sent a midwife with

poison on her nipples to feed the young Guru. A snake charmer was also sent by Prithia

and was told to release his snake on to Guru Sahib to try and kill him. These evil doers,

the descendants of Prithia, are called Meene.

Prithi Chand or Prithia as he is commonly referred to, was the eldest son of Sri Guru Ram Das Jee, he

developed an enmity with Sri Guru Arjan Dev Jee out of jealousy of not being appointed the Guru.

2. Masand

In the name of Satguru, Masands collected money for Kar-Seva of Gurdwaras, but they

begun to misuse the money and spend it on themselves. They became evil and started

oppressing the Sikh Sangat, doing as they pleased. The tenth Guru freed the Sikh Sangat

from these reptiles.

Guru Sahib got hot syrup poured over them and they were burnt alive as punishment for

their sins. Bhai Prehlad Singh Jee states in his Rehatnama, "You are not to obey

Masands, they will con the Sangat."

3. Ram Raieeay

Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Jee’s eldest son Ram Rai had needless enmity with the eight and

ninth Gurus and appointed his own Masands. He changed a line in Gurbani just to please

the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, changing "Miti musalman ki…" (soil is of the muslim…) to

"Meeti beyman ki…" (soil is of the deceitful…). Sri Guru Har Rai Jee excommunicated

Ram Rai from the house of the Guru because he altered Gurbani. Satguru said:

ijn BY Adb n bwnI Dwrw [

jwnhu so isK nhIN hmwrw [ 20 [

"Those who do not fear and respect Gurbani are not Sikhs."

(Sri Guru Partap Suraj Granth)

No Sikh of the Guru’s is to associate with Ram Raieeay, nor is any offering to be made to

them. Ramrai was told to leave and jus t go in the direction in which he was facing and he

was told to never return. Ramrai had no children. His followers started to call him ‘Guru’.

The Khalsa should never trust them.

4. Dhir Maleeay

Dhir Mal, the elder brother of Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Jee, became an enemy of Guru Jee

and during the reign of the Sixth Guru, Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib Jee, he left Kartarpur for

Kiratpur Sahib. Once there he set himself up as a ‘Guru’. Upon the order of Guru Sahib,

the Sikhs seized the ‘Chaur’ from Dhir Mal and threw him out of Kiratpur. Then again at

the time of the ninth Guru, Dheer Mal again set up his own throne at Baba Bakala. He also

got Sheehee Masand to try and shoot the Ninth Guru.

Those Sodhis from the Doab’s Kartarpur area are Dheer Mal’s descendants. It was out of

these descendants that Vadbhag Singh was born. During the rule of the 12 Misls (Khalsa

States), the governor of Jalandhar desecrated and burnt ‘Tham Sahib’ Gurdwara.

Vadbhag Singh was Amritdharee, being the first Amritdharee of the Dhir Mal clan. He was

scared of the Mughal rulers so he didn’t go to inform the Singhs (living in the jungles), nor

did he confront the rulers about the desecration of ‘Tham Sahib.’ At that time, the Singhs

thought he had escaped to the mountains to escape persecution and practice black

magic. The Dheer Mal clan is excommunicated and is not to be associated with by the

Khalsa.

5. Gangu Shaheeay (and Hindaleeay)

Gangu Shah, a Brahmin, handed over the Small Sahibzade/Princes 45 to the Mughal

Governor Vazir Khan, who bricked them alive. The disloyal descendants of this family are

not to be associated with by the Khalsa.

The Hindaleeay made alterations to the biography of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee and had

Sikhs arrested leading to their torture and deaths in jails. The descendants of Shehee

Masand were the ones who attempted to shoot the ninth Guru and thus betrayed Him.

If any person out of the above five named groups takes Amrit from the Panj Pyare, lives

according to the Rehat, accepts Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee as their Guru and has full faith

in the Guru, they are to be considered a fellow brother/sister of the Khalsa.

<br>WGJKK WGJKF.<br><br><br>
Gurdwara Ajit Darbar in Coventry
<br><br><br>Anyone happen to have any information on that gurudwara i.e Its origins, rehit maryada etc.<br>
<br><br>

If you want to know more about Baba Vadbhag Singh theres a T-series documentry series on youtube about his life and the daily on-goings at one of the baba Vadbhag Singh Gurdwaras.

these are the links to the 6 part documentary:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EJu6VXn5rU4

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

You will notice that there are some anti-gurmat practices that take place there such as the aarti of baba ji in front of idols and whimsical rituals such as hitting devotees with a chimta to relinquish bad spirits and demons and walking under water flowing in a downward current for a similar reason. Its all bipran ki reet that Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj warned us of. I think that any sikh out there who is interested in attending baba vadbhag singh gurdwara in Coventry should restrain from doing so and follow the advice of the sikhroots user.

Baba Vadbagh Singh in Coventry (or any others) have nothing to do with the main 300 year old Dera in India. All other Gurdwarai with this name operate independently. I have visited the Coventry Gurdwara, and personally found nothing untoward. In fact, the mani sevdaar is a very nice and humble bloke, who has brought in many monai Punjabi (drinkers/party goers – old and young) into the Sikh fold – who are now involved in daily seva at the Gurdwara.

Baba Vadbagh Singh was a mahaan Yodhveer of the Panth – a true Warrior and was also a bhagat – immersing himself in bhagti for many years. He cannot be associated as part of the Panj Mel – as he received Khande De Pahul, so was forgiven his ancestral association. Kindly do some credible research or look up this topic which has most likely been discussed on this forum in the past.

People with phobias over things they have no experience of nor understand will always have knee <banned word filter activated> reactions – yes some Hindu practices have sprung up in the main Dera over time – but the fact remains – that Gurbani is the central source used to help hundreds of thousands of individuals of all faiths an backgrounds every year.

I hope the excitable younger members of this forum will learn to stop speculating and doing nindiya of matters, peoples and organisations they have zero knowledge of.

Oh right, so Damdami Taksaal have got it wrong in their rehat maryadha then???

And as for that particular place - Baba Vadhbah Singh or not - someone I know had a very bad experience after getting involved with these people and visited the place. Luckily she escaped before she got deeper involved. I will try to get this person to make a post on here so you know what kind of people run this place. But what I have seen with my own eyes is not on - taking a young bibi into a seperate room and, in an attempt to "cleanse her body of a minor illness", they would tap her head with a metal "wand" and chant something.

Kindly provide one historical source for the above mentioned story of Baba Vadbagh Singh.

Dalpanth have a different take on Baba Vadbagh Singh, which is colloborated with seperate historical references, its up to you who you choose to believe - you should not accept everything blindly, Taksal or not.

Re 'the story you heard' about this Bibi, sounds like they were trying to exorcise her, I expect thats why her family took her there in the 1st place, because it is a name sake Gurdwara of the original seva dera for these problems, I have no idea what their level of expertise is, but if she has had a bad experience, then why not go to the Police?

I dont take anything blindly but I am interested to know why, if you say that Baba Vadbagh Singh was a great person, would such a revered organisation like Damdami Taksaal guide the saadh sangat to stay away from these people? Its just a question.

Also, her family didnt take her. One of the cheley "befriended" her and tried to entice her into becoming a follower. She was subjected to abuse and its not always as clean cut easy to go straight to the police with it.

Kindly provide one historical source for the above mentioned story of Baba Vadbagh Singh.

Dalpanth have a different take on Baba Vadbagh Singh, which is colloborated with seperate historical references, its up to you who you choose to believe - you should not accept everything blindly, Taksal or not.

Re 'the story you heard' about this Bibi, sounds like they were trying to exorcise her, I expect thats why her family took her there in the 1st place, because it is a name sake Gurdwara of the original seva dera for these problems, I have no idea what their level of expertise is, but if she has had a bad experience, then why not go to the Police?