Gurdwara Dhan Dhan Baba Vadbhag Singh, Coventry

Jas R

Baba Vadbagh Singh in Coventry (or any others) have nothing to do with the main 300 year old Dera in India. All other Gurdwarai with this name operate independently. I have visited the Coventry Gurdwara, and personally found nothing untoward. In fact, the mani sevdaar is a very nice and humble bloke, who has brought in many monai Punjabi (drinkers/party goers – old and young) into the Sikh fold – who are now involved in daily seva at the Gurdwara.

Baba Vadbagh Singh was a mahaan Yodhveer of the Panth – a true Warrior and was also a bhagat – immersing himself in bhagti for many years. He cannot be associated as part of the Panj Mel – as he received Khande De Pahul, so was forgiven his ancestral association. Kindly do some credible research or look up this topic which has most likely been discussed on this forum in the past.

People with phobias over things they have no experience of nor understand will always have knee <banned word filter activated> reactions – yes some Hindu practices have sprung up in the main Dera over time – but the fact remains – that Gurbani is the central source used to help hundreds of thousands of individuals of all faiths an backgrounds every year.

I hope the excitable younger members of this forum will learn to stop speculating and doing nindiya of matters, peoples and organisations they have zero knowledge of.

sorry Khaalis if i have offended you. that was not my intention. i only generalised that all baba Vadbhag Singh Gurdwaras were going to be the same as the main one in india and it was because of my ignorance that i did.

i don't want to promote people not to go to the guru's house which you proclaim it to be run as.

i too aggree with you that Baba Vadbhag Singh was a great bhagat having heard alot about him from my grandad but like you said people like me do have close to zero knowledge of these matters. For that i am sorry.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke feteh

Vadbhag ran off from the battlefield and created his own cult he was no Sikh of any standard he lef the Guru from his own will no real Sikh of SGGS Ji will go to this Dera Mandir place where graves,pics,and fire is worshiped.

The so called Nishan Sahib they have is a scrap heap of clothes and junk ,they have no right to equate that with the Nishan Sahib of the Khalsa Panth

It does however go both ways and not wanting to know the nonsense that goes on "whether or not to the mainstream" is the same as hearsay from people that say not to go to a Gurdwara that has agendas etc.... SO to get the situation adjusted "why does Taksal say dont associate with the dera"??? and then "why is khaalis saying to associate with the dera"???? answer both

You are asking the wrong person, you need to ask the Seniors at Taksal. I have great respect for Taksali orgs, specifically for their main role as Santhiya Teachers, but I don't agree with everything they say -and nor do they represent the full/collective thought of the Panth.

This is not something to get upset about or start a debate on, its simply fact.

And I didn't promote the Dera or Gurdwara, I am simply speaking of my personal experience of meeting and speaking to sevadaars and sangat in this Coventry Gurdwara (as opposed to hearsay), if something wrong has happened at the Gurdwara, then the case needs to be addressed responsibly, not by spreading rumours on Sikh Sangat.

The Dera in India is not a place people visit for yatras or go to for holidays, sadly it is a last resort for hundreds of thousands who have been affected by the evil plays of man. Bhai Kavi Santokh Singh tells us that only NIT Japji Sahib can prevent the world of pooth praath affecting us, sadly, those who have not had the blessings of being taught to make Japij sahib their lifestyle are vulnerable to the powers of jealousy and dark hearted Babai. For 300 years - Baba Vadbagh Singh Dera has served as a seva kar for humanity which isn't protected by Guru ki Bani - and Guru ki Bani is the shakti which is used to remove foreign elements from victims.

You shouldn't mock tht which you don't understand little boy. Don't tempt fate, Akaal has painful lessons for people like you, having someone affected by this problem in ones own family is not a laughing matter - I have seen the pain other people have been through. For your info, the Dera in India does not charge for their seva its nishkaam - people give whatever they can out of thanks.

It isn't just Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji who said not to associate with the dera of Vadhbag Singh. This is a tradition followed by Singhs ever since Baba Vadhbag Singh ran away from Guru sahib's hukam. They were considered the same as Noormehliye, Ramraiye etc.

However, the Akaal Takhat recently accepted them, following promises by their current leader that certain practises will be stopped. I think he also had to carry out some tankah.

Bhoot/Preyt can be easily removed via Gurbani (in fact given Mukti, not just exorcised) rather than beatings.

• 4 months later...

.WaheGuru ji ka Khalsa WaheGuru ji ke Fateh Jas R ji.

I have personally along with my family visited the Gurdwara on Bayton Road exhall bedworth, My family were welcomed by the many sevadars who directed us to the Main hall where the Guru's Bani was being recited from Granth Shaib ji, and later on we all enjoyed the Guru Ji's langar on the beautifully tiled and very clean langar hall with the sevadars who were very polite and aproaching the sangat with the words Wahe Guru Ji.

The Gurdwara has no links with Ajit Darbar in Coventry or with any other gurdwara in the UK as i have raised the question with the sevadars of the Gurdwara and they requested that I visit there website and learn more about the Gurdwara and their principle beliefs.

Please find the link to the Gurdwara website and visit the Gurdwara to enjoy the benefits of the constant reciting of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Bani.

http://www.gurdwarab....com/index.html

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ke Fateh