Initnem Iphone G

lovekhalistan

• 4 weeks later...

Gurfateh Ji,

I am part of The Sikhs Podcast, the group that designed the iNitnem [G] app for the iPhone. Are there any suggestions from the sangat for this app or any other we have on the app store?

Thanks

K Singh

Gurfateh,

Firstly the app is fantastic. My only suggestion would be a version thats has english translations as well?

Thanks

Gurfateh,

Firstly the app is fantastic. My only suggestion would be a version thats has english translations as well?

Thanks

Gurfateh,

Thank you for your support SikhSeeker. We were going to try and implement this into this app, but alas we are not programmers and can only do so much. This is why we called this app iNitnem [G] G standing for Gurmukhi. We have programmed the new iNitnem [E] (for english) but the pdfs need creating, which will take time, and at the moment we have other commitments such as university. However, we do hope to have it ready and sent to Apple by the end of January, which would mean a release date of around end of February.

We hope this new app will supply the sangat with greater understanding of Gurbani. If you do think of anything else, you can contact us on info@thesikhspodcast.com, or you can also visit our website, www.thesikhspodcast.com

Gurfateh,

K Singh

I use this application and i love it ! There are very few sikhi based applications for the iphone/ipod touch and i want to encourage your team to keep up the sewa :) Is there any way to know how many ppl downloaded your app?

Also, i strongly suggest you to charge at least a dollar/download, so that you guys can cover up the future cost.

I use this application and i love it ! There are very few sikhi based applications for the iphone/ipod touch and i want to encourage your team to keep up the sewa :) Is there any way to know how many ppl downloaded your app?

Also, i strongly suggest you to charge at least a dollar/download, so that you guys can cover up the future cost.

Gurfateh,

Thank you S1ngh. We are very glad that you find iNitnem [G] useful. May I also point out that we have other apps for the iPhone that are Sikhi-Related, you can check them out at www.thesikhspodcast.com/apps. Apple provide data on the amount of downloads that we get, we have been analysing them since the beginning of our Financial Year (12th February 2009) and they are promising, but details will not be released until the release of our annual report on 11th February 2010. We have considered charging, but felt that iNitnem was too essential for Sikhs with iPhones. There are some ideas floating around for a paid Sikhi-Related app, but that is all I can tell you. We hope that with Guru Ji's Kirpa, we can keep The Sikhs Podcast financially and creatively. If you do wish to help us by offering services or donating please visit www.thesikhspodcast.com/seva or www.thesikhspodcast.com/faqs or email us at info@thesikhspodcast.com.

Thank you again for your support,

Gurfateh.

K Singh

• 4 weeks later...

iNitnem [E] is ready and has been sent. It will be a paid app - not because we want to be rich, but so we can do more seva, if anybody has problems, please contact us at info@thesikhspodcast.com. At the end of the day we want to do parchaar, and it does cost, we hope you will forgive us. Bhul Chuk Maaf.