Sikh Guy Dating Middle Eastern Muslim Girl

Guest Ranjit

Hi 28yrs old british punjabi guy whose in a relationship with a british middle eastern muslim girl for a number of months and we both serious about being with each other term. The question of marriage and kids arose and I want a Sikh wedding and to have kids that are within the Sikh religion, so can anyone suggest to me how I can go about introducing and encouraging my gf to embrace Sikhism? I dont want to come across all religious on her because im not but I do love my faith and think its important for our future generations.

r u jokin? the day u dated a muslim girl u showed u liked her more than ur own religion. u aint sikh. a sell out. go marry her but dnt think for one min you can have the best of both worlds its one all the other?i know which one u will chose its obvious which ones mor3e inportant. it mnakes me sick. ur 28 and shurd be setting an example for us younger kid?but yet again an elder has let us down

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

u cant force anyone, and u also shudnt believe that she will come to sikhism... she may in the future become a hardcore muslim woman... then ur relationship wud most likely part ways..

if she comes into sikhi out of love within her own heart then it may be something to consider..

i dont want to stereotype but going to school in a city with many iranians and having had 2 very close iranian friends (girls) in my life, they wud tell u and u wud see that these girls tend to be very flirtatious and known for cheating...not suggesting all are like that but it;s obvious as a girl...also my own friends tell me about things like their cousin flirting with their aunts husbands etc etc..

even at my moms work there are some ladies having extramarital affairs who are middle eastern,

also my friend told me once she was like " ( m y name), when i get married im going to live far away from my relatives they all flirt so much i dont want them trying anything on my husband and i wud advise you too to make sure that you dont get too close to some iranian girls who cud try something on ur husband"

again you cant put everyone in the same position BUT it's is a thing that i have seen around me and have heard first hand from my friends..

whats with you lot, hes come on here for some advice, hardcorewarriorz arent you simply gossiping and trying to badmouth iranians or whatever in general?? cant you offer no real advice, youve offered me f' all there!! sherlsurj isnt much better, yeh just lay into him, thats the obvious thing to do isnt it?? yeh hes really gonna listen to you!!

whats the point in this being a gupt forum, giza comes on and just gets rinsed, wow man you lot are all so in tune with ur sikhi and trying to help others out, the dudes obviously come on here for a reason, surely?!

hey ranjit, im not a know it all like both of the above posters, the only advice i could offer you is, you should both sit down and talk about if marriage is something that you really want and take into account how religous you both are/nt?? you should discuss the future and that if you both do decide to take on a more religous lifestyle, which would it be, basically you should decide what you are first, if you want to become a sikh (which you arent yet cause your NOT amrit shakiya) then you should tell her that from the off and make sure that she agrees with your views and wants to embrace them like you said, but be sure that you know the truth and in all honesty id put off marriage completely and work on what you both want to achieve in life spiritually before you take any risks in marriage, it could become very messy in years to come!!

i hope you make the right decision

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

whats with you lot, hes come on here for some advice, hardcorewarriorz arent you simply gossiping and trying to badmouth iranians or whatever in general?? cant you offer no real advice, youve offered me f' all there!! sherlsurj isnt much better, yeh just lay into him, thats the obvious thing to do isnt it?? yeh hes really gonna listen to you!!

whats the point in this being a gupt forum, giza comes on and just gets rinsed, wow man you lot are all so in tune with ur sikhi and trying to help others out, the dudes obviously come on here for a reason, surely?!

hey ranjit, im not a know it all like both of the above posters, the only advice i could offer you is, you should both sit down and talk about if marriage is something that you really want and take into account how religous you both are/nt?? you should discuss the future and that if you both do decide to take on a more religous lifestyle, which would it be, basically you should decide what you are first, if you want to become a sikh (which you arent yet cause your NOT amrit shakiya) then you should tell her that from the off and make sure that she agrees with your views and wants to embrace them like you said, but be sure that you know the truth and in all honesty id put off marriage completely and work on what you both want to achieve in life spiritually before you take any risks in marriage, it could become very messy in years to come!!

i hope you make the right decision

read the first line of my post buddy, i was giving him advice beyond iranian or middle eastern girls..read carefully nxt time.

also, a person posts online to get all different perspectives that ppl can offer to him/her...i offered a unique point of view ( unless you are a girl who goes to school and have lived in dorms in an area with a lot of middle easterns and are good friends with some of the girls). This isnt BS that i made up, it's straight out of their mouths and what advice they gave me and told me.. theyre good friends of mine these girls so what can i say? that all of them are bad? NO. Anddd i also sed in my post u cant apply this to all of them but this is a trend i have seen and they have told me too time and time again. Not too hard to get that from my post, again read a little carefully.

I dont have time to type out all aspects of his relationship and write a thesis on it, i was expecting someone to offer simple advice that u have so i didnt bother too much wiht that except for in the first sentence in my post, i offered him something that he nor u sure as hell would not have experienced and would not know

pce

doesnt matter even if she converts to sikhi which she shudnt have to do as u dated her as a muslim!! the fact thats uve gone out with a muslim girl shows to me hw much u disvalue sikhi. ur 28 man grow up! i cud understand if u were like 16 or sumfin but ur a fuly grown man with responsibilities imn sure. i read topis like this and it makes me so determined not to turn in2 psum1 as selfish as u

Guest Pominville

He has already dated. Some are giving him advice on dating too late. Where were you peeps before? Also, if he talks and her and she becomes Sikh, what is the issue? Is it wrong to increase population of Sikhs? She will probably end up being better Sikh than many other Sikh girls.