Whats The Point Of A Big Turban ?

Amrit79

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you people are being stupid... Don't think you seen the photo

(I was wondering about it too. But since people were answering, i thought maybe there indeed is a photo of a Singh wearing dumalla)

Anyway,

I think it's about praising Guru Sahib through the form he gave us. Just like we aren't supposed to whisper jaikaaras, we shouldn't hide our identity. When so many Guru Sahib's sons and daughters are discarding the saroop or making it as unnoticeable as possible, these nihang Singhs are here to show us how to be proud of it, and also wanting to make their Father happy by showing how much they love the beauty of the shastars and dumalla he has blessed us with.

When Guru Tegh Bahaadur jee was beheaded the Sikhs were hiding in the public. That made Guru Gobind Singh jee want Sikhs never to hide again. And the more one stands out, the more s/he fulfills this Guru Sahib's wish.

just my opinion..

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh!

it cant be too good for his neck.

i think there is a youtube video on a much older guy who also ties a really big dumalla, he said he was doing it so young sikhs might feel inspirational and start tying a turban again.... though not the best way to go about achieving his goal but nevertheless the guy is trying to inspire young sikhs....so props to him.

There isn't a need for a massively big Dastar. They aren't practical at all for physical activity - a large Dumala in a fight is more of a liability than anything else - a smaller Dumala with a flattened Bunga is more appropriate.

They can be potentially bad for your neck and encourage poor posture. If someone feels they want to represent Sikhi Saroop they should wear full Bana - many of the people who draw attention to themselves with oversized Dumale don't wear Bana on a daily basis. Baba Santa Singh, the previous Jathedar of Buddha Dal stated that a smaller Dumala is preferable.

it cant be too good for his neck.

i think there is a youtube video on a much older guy who also ties a really big dumalla, he said he was doing it so young sikhs might feel inspirational and start tying a turban again.... though not the best way to go about achieving his goal but nevertheless the guy is trying to inspire young sikhs....so props to him.

I think that just wants sikhs not to were a dumalla or pagh at all

respect to the post above me.

why does it matter who wears a big dastaar or small one? if u dont wanna wear a big one, wear a small one. if u want to wear a big one, then that is fine too. why do we have to be soo weak hearted about everything??