I Just Can't Do It

Guest GI Joe

How do you help someone who has a problem seeing Guru Granth Sahib ji as the living Guru? I don't mean to offend, but when I go to Gurdwara, I don't see the living Guru before me.

If God is everywhere, isn't Guru Granth Sahib ji everywhere too, as opposed to being binded together like a book?

Thanks

Start doing Naam Simran and atleast one Japji Sahib a day.

We bow to Guru Granth Sahib, our Guru. Do you think we bow to the cover? No we bow to our Guru, the SHABAD GURU. Shabad Guru gives updesh to humanity. It guides us from being a Manmukh to become a Gurmukh.

If I find any page with GurBani on it (like newspapers) I also treat it with respect.

Guru Raam Das Ji Maharaj says:

ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ ॥

Baṇī gurū gurū hai baṇī vicẖ baṇī amriṯ sāre.

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

ਗੁਰੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਕਹੈ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਜਨੁ ਮਾਨੈ ਪਰਤਖਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਿਸਤਾਰੇ ॥੫॥

Gur baṇī kahai sevak jan mānai parṯakẖ gurū nisṯāre. ||5||

If His humble servant believes, and acts according to the Words of the Guru's Bani, then the Guru, in person, emancipates him. ||5||

A nice article on Shabad Guru, Surat Dhun Chela.

http://www.sikhreview.org/april2002/philo.htm

Still "just can't do it"?

Go to Gurdwara Sahib, matha tekh to our Guru, ask them to bless you with understanding and Sikhi jeevan. Do some seva also.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF Ji

Here is how you can see Guru in Guru Granth Sahib. Atleast my way of.

You wanna know what Guru Sahib would say or do if they are in your particular situation, e.g. you are about to steal someone's stuff. You pause for a while and think if Guru Nanak Dev jee or any of the lights of Guru Sahib said or did anything against that. So you will find some Gurbani lines about stealing. You read thim and understand them and someone just talked to you and stopped you from doing it. That was Guru ji who just talked to you, through Shabad.

Or read everyday's hukam from anysite you can get from Harminder sahib or your local gurudwara or randam shabad from sikhitothemax.com

Note down which Guru's bani is it on the top line. That guru ji just told you some wisdom words. See if it works.

Remember, we have Shabad Guru in Guru Granth sahib ji, which contains light of all 10 Gurus.

A couple of questions? Who said anything about a human Guru? Guru Maneyo Granth. Our teacher is now Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Second when we bow down, we don't bow down to the saroop. We are bowing down to Shabad.