Questions challenging the Khalsa

Please see below.

This guy's obviously trying to be cheeky. I am not sure where he's coming from. We need to get together and post some 'good clear' responses to his question.

http://www.akj.org/phorum/read.ppa?f=3&i=17306&t=17306

Calm this shockwave now or there will be a rift

Author: Subversive

Date: 05-25-04 23:39

Sat Sri Akaal.

I have a few questions for those of you here who believe that they know enough. I have heard alot of people here talk "CR#P" about other people, not realising that they are way out of line.

Questions.

1. Who is the Guru of the Sikhs?

2. The Khalsa is not mentioned in the SGGS, why?

3. Where is it mentioned in the SGGS that you need the 5ks to "get to GOD".

4. Some say that the Khalsa was a hukam from GOD to Guru Gobing Singh for 1699 only.

5. Where does it say that you need your hair to get to GOD?

6. If the Khalsa is not mentioned in the SGGS, then where did the saying "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh".

7. I got you guys thinking now.

Remember, these guys even disregard Bhai Gurdas, as saying, he is not the Guru, and nowhere does Guru Ji give him any influence over the Sikhs.

I have heard and seen alot of posts on the net, in the last 5 years, some people who say that Satnaam is the name of GOD and not Waheguru. Simply because is it not mentioned in the SGGS (It is mentioned, but only as a prasie to the Guru).

Now with all you people going on about how to "live" as a Sikh, mans here are planning a s

hockwave.

So far I have not met anyone who can give me answers to these questions.

So, anyone care to answer.

Clear and concise answers will do all of us good, not hearsay or "oh its written there because the tooth fairy told me".

Proof and valid references are the way to go. These guys use just SGGS material and they are convincing.

I am waiting.

Subversive

GuruFatehJi.

KhalsaJi,

Those questions are of ignorant nature and do not merit answers. Tha original author's identity is not clear and unless this guy is a Sikh who sincerely wants to find answers to faith, we would be merely entertaining a fool who has all the time in the world to play mischief.

If this author can come out from beneath the veil that he/she hides under, only then can any consideration be made to try and answer his questions. From the tone of his mail, he/she is simply out there to insult the Sikh Gurus, Sikhi and Guru Granth Sahib. This person's sole intention seems to discredit Sikhi.

There are enough people on this forum and the original one that the author posted on where theer are sincere seekers, and it is them who deserve our attention. The author is an ignorant one and I do not trust his/her intentions.

That is what my apprach would be to this person.

GuruFatehJi.

L*

i will try and answer these....

Answer: Dohra, agyia pay akal ki tabay chalow panth, sab sikhan ko hukam hai Guru Manio Granth

SGGS is Guru, the spirit of the 10 gurus is in sggs.

Wrong! read this shabad....

On Panna Number 655

khu kbIr jn Bey Kwlsy pRym Bgiq ijh jwnI ]4]3]

kahu kabeer jan bheae khaalasae praem bhagath jih jaanee ||4||3||

Says Kabeer, those humble people become pure - they become Khalsa - who know the Lord's loving devotional worship. ||4||3||

It doesnt i beleive, but read the rehat maryada drect from guru gobind singh himself, you can read the rehat maryada yourself.
4. Some say that the Khalsa was a hukam from GOD to Guru Gobing Singh for 1699 only

it does doesnt it? thats true. maharaj gave the guru ji the power to cut of the 5 singhs. therefore, maharaj must have told guru ji what to do. guru ji relied on god alot, as we should. even in battle, guru ji said maharaj had to contact him before he could do anything.

from my knowlegde, it doesnt say anywhere. but the gurus taught it themselves. all bhaghats had long hair, as it was an image of god (god has long hair). a sikh is supposed to be the saint and the soldier. so yes, sikhs are supposed to be bhaghats.
6. If the Khalsa is not mentioned in the SGGS, then where did the saying "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh".

it does say khalsa in sggs.

7. I got you guys thinking now
:wub: try hard

er next time.

Remember, these guys even disregard Bhai Gurdas, as saying, he is not the Guru, and nowhere does Guru Ji give him any influence over the Sikhs.

bhai gurdas ji was not guru. though he has influenced sikhs in his vars. correct me here sangat ji please.

I have heard and seen alot of posts on the net, in the last 5 years, some people who say that Satnaam is the name of GOD and not Waheguru. Simply because is it not mentioned in the SGGS (It is mentioned, but only as a prasie to the Guru).

there are many names waheguru has. satnam means true is your name. from my knowlegde, maharaj gave out the names he wanted to be known as to the gurus. bhol chukke muaff and corrct me here please. maharaj has many names, in sukhmani sahib, guru ji called god parbraham, parmesur, thakur etc etc etc.

naam is something else. if you knew what naam was, you would not have the 5 vices. if you are debating what naam is, be it waheguru waheguru waheguru or satnaam satnaam satnaam. why are you debating? gyan/knowlegde is obatined from both mantras. read the sidh gosht. that explains naam.

i am sure, for a fact i have sid a few things wrong. bhol chukke muaff and by all means, correct me!

Fateh!

Guest mehtab
kandola veer answered it.
kandola veer answered it brilliantly.
And where is it mentioned that you don't need it? SGGS doesn't say anywhere to keep hair either (correct me if I am wrong), neither does it say to cut hair. Guru Gobind Singh has given His Khalsa a unique appearance to stand out among the rest of mankind. Instead of feeling proud of this gift we are questioning it now? Which other prophet gave his people a unique appearance in the history of mankind before Guru Gobind Singh?
4. Some say that the Khalsa was a hukam from GOD to Guru Gobing Singh for 1699 only.Tyrants still exist, and when the call comes the Khalsa will rise up and fight. This is RSS bs that Khalsa is not needed anymore.
kandola veer answered this, and may I add that keeping hair is symbolic of acepting God's will. If you can't accept God's will, how can you reach God?
check this out : http://education.vsnl.com/sikhism/Bani2522Eng.htm
7. I got you guys thinking now.
Really? :)
Gurujee has Himself said that Bhai Gurdas Jee's vaars are the key to Gurbani.
SGGS mentions names of God from Hinduism and Islam, so do we regard those over Waheguru now? Waheguru is the Gurmantar.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...D=5590&Format=2

In Satyug, Visnu in the form of Vasudev is said to have incarnated and ‘V’ Of Vahiguru reminds of Visnu.

The true Guru of dvapar is said to be Harikrsna and ‘H’ of Vahiguru reminds of Hari.

In the the treta was Ram and ‘R’ of Vahiguru tells that rembering Ram will produce joy and happiness.

In kalijug, Gobind is in the form of Nanak and ‘G’ of Vahiguru gets Govind recited.

The recitations o f all the four ages subsume in Panchayan i.e. in the soul of the common man.

When joining four letters Vahiguru is remembered,

The jiv merges again in its origin.

Again thats by Bhai Gurdas Jee :wub: .

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Good answers people!!!

In addition to what was mentioned, those fools have to remember that our Guru Granth Sahib talks about being a Sikh... being a Khalsa is something that is above and beyond a simple "Sikh" life... and that is given in our holy Dasam Granth!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!