Complete Katha Of Sggs

MokhamSingh

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KE FATEH.

Just wanted to say that I listened to the complete katha of SGGS by Gyani Takhur Singh Patiala(DDTaksaal). It is the most wonderful katha that I have ever heard. It covers the whole of SGGS but also explains the significance of Sri Dassam Granth in Gursikhi.

I would urge everybody to listen to this complete katha which is available for free download from many Gursikhi websites but in particular from www.gurbaniupdesh.org

After listening to this katha I now feel more confident in tackling the anti-panth preachers who seem to be on a mission to discredit the fundamental principles of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Sikhi!

Thanks & regards.

Mokham Singh.

WJKWJF.

To be quite honest i found it quite poor. it lacked in adyatic quality which you find in the Katha by Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawalae. I know the Katha by Sant Avtar sIngh Ji Badni Kalan Walae is still incomplete but it is much better then Giani Thakur SIngh Ji's I would recommend that katha

To be quite honest i found it quite poor. it lacked in adyatic quality which you find in the Katha by Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawalae. I know the Katha by Sant Avtar sIngh Ji Badni Kalan Walae is still incomplete but it is much better then Giani Thakur SIngh Ji's I would recommend that katha

giani ji's katha is amazing singho

sant kartar singh ji taught giani ji how to do katha, and sant kartar singh ji learned from sant gurbachan singh ji. so wat ur saying makes no sence, as this is the same teachings being handed down in line. but giani ji's katha is not as much in depth as sant ji, cause well that katha sant ji did is for people with lil bit more higher avastha. right now if u look at the panth, there is no such thing as avastha anywhere. so when u talk to little kids, you have to start with abc's, and then slowly work ur way up. cause for giani ji, we are all little kids compared to puraatan singhs. and this is mentioned many many times by giani ji.

but u wanna hear some hardcore stuff, listen to the longer version of jap ji sahib katha, can be found on gurbaniupdesh.com, it has 81 files i think.

and also try to listen to at atamic gian katha. that stuff is really deeeeeep. also found on gurbaniupdesh.com

I have finish up to cd 009 on last two tracks.

Giani Thakur Singh Ji's katha is easy to understand for everybody. Katha by Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawalae is too deep. very hard for new listeners..... even Giani Thakur Singh Ji says in his katha.

I recommend everybody to start with Giani Thakur Singh ji kaths first Sukhmani Sahib then Japji Sahib and Asa di Vaar and after move to katha Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Personally it is too simple anyone reading bani can pick up the basic arths without any issue or problem. That is all that is found in Giani Thakur SIngh Ji's Katha.

With Regards to vidya yes they have a bit but have not studied a lot of vedant. Sant Kartar SIngh Ji taught Giani Thakur Singh Ji with the vidya they had been taught but they only learned up to Vichar Sagar from Sant Giani Mohan Singh Ji Bhindrawalae and this shows in the katha being so basic of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji. I wish Giani Ji put some more depth in to it.

Sant Avtar Singh JI Badni Kalan Walae however have gone into a lot more depth, alot more vedant, antreev arths, sakhiya, brahm gyan, etc. They have used the quoted from Vichar Sagar then gone deepr into the Vedant Paribhasha and Mokh Panth PArkash so people can understand more about Turiya and Aproksh Gian. They are the Grandson of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji and student of Baba indar Singh Ji Bhindrawalae (brother of SantSundar Singh Ji Bhindrawalae) and Sant Mohan Singh Ji Bhindrawalae.

So for me the katha by Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji is the best after that would have to be Sant Avtar SIngh Ji's katha then Giani Thakur Singh Ji's.

Again the Atam Gian stuff is not very deep if the Jagiyasoo has initailly learned the vedant terminology. All you hear in the 5th rut you can learn from the Panchdasi and Mokh Panth Parkash. I just think we have slipped so far away from the depth of sikhi that if we hear something we have not heard before we take it as adhyatmik gyan when it is really basic.

Personally i think if katha is to be done in this way it should be as full and complete as can be rather then making it simple.

I am aware that the Sant Samaj were impressed with Giani Ji's initial Amrit Bani Katha CD's but very dissapointed with the Guru GRanth Shaib Ji Katha Gisi Ji did as it was very basic. For this reason all the sadhus i have spoken to recommend Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji's katha or Sant Avtar Singh Ji's katha only.

kam bhaji, maybe your level of avastha is at that point where u can easliy understand this stuff, but go to punjab, in the pinds and ask somebody wat is turiya ateet vastha, and everybody will look at u like wat on earth is this guy talking about

the deeper the katha, the longer it takes. we should be thankful that the katha got completed. all these people say its not deep enough, lets see them try to do katha of entire guru granth sahib ji. katha is not the point here, katha is just something that paints the way to the destination. its like a blueprint of a house your getting ready to build. by making the blueprint, it doenst build the house, you still have to go and make the house urself after studying the blueprint. so u can have the deepest katha on earth, but its pointless if u dont apply it to ur life. all these people who say its not deep enough, thats all katabi gian, they read a few books, learn a few fancy words and think they have gotten somewhere. but the point was to actuallly have the jeevan to back it up. thats wat matters.

and just for everybody's info. giani thakur singh ji says himself that he is NOT a professional kathavachik, and this is said many times in katha too. the only reason giani ji is even doing katha was because they were given hukam by sant jarnail singh ji, to do parchar after them. giani ji told sant ji that he doenst know how to do katha, but sant ji said, dont worry, maharaj tuwade kolon katha karva lain ge. these bachans were made in the days of bluestar, in the basement, or bhora of akal takht sahib. and can be heard in the katha giani ji did about sant ji's jeevan.

giani ji is really an abhiyaasi singh, in desguise of a kathavachik. while being in the jatha with sant jarnail singh ji, and giani ji tells this in katha too, if i find the track, i'll edit this post, but giani ji used to do 7 bania, panj granti, 11 sukhmani sahib paaths, and 101 jap ji sahibs as dailiy nitnem. AND 1 sehaj paath per week. on some days they would do 66 malas of mool mantar. now tell me if thats deep or not.

i think people shud answer only to what is asked. there was no need to post what ever kam has posted. stop breaking people's shardha vishwas like missionaries. u could say in simple words that blah blah's katha is also good to listen and more deeper, but why did u start disrespecting gyani thakur singh ji, if u were disappointed by his katha that means u can do better katha than him, so why dnt u go ahead? gyani ji has done vedaant katha as well there are like 7-8 or may be more parts only for mool mantar katha and its all vedant.