38,000 Indian Homeless “students” In England

Guest fordcapri

this is true, iceland in southall the car is packed with them they sleep there at night. they all pack the gurdwaras for langar and now singh sabha park avenue have put up a sign saying they will only be serving langar for a few hours of the day due the students coming their throught the day for food as survival and the gurdwara cannot keep up with the demand......

While i agree that they have been duped into a false dream but they are here now and if our Gurooghars can't provide shelter then langar should never be refused. I can't even image how hard it must be to sleep outside in this freezing wheather! I remember years back that the Southall Gurooghar was selling back atta and dhaal to shops because they had too much and it would go out of date. Is not true that the Southall Gurooghar's charava exceeds all other Gurooghars in Europe? Instead of spending the Guroo's golak on domes why not feed the poor? Yes some may say its not only our Gurooghars problem to resolve but if someone comes for help to our Gurooghar's, particularly for food and they're denied well that just shows what state the panth is in especially if its the most prosperous Gurooghar in Europe.

I know that the Gurooghar may find it hard to keep up with the demand of preparing the langar but i know for a fact money is not a problem and money is usually the biggest obstacle. One thing we Sikhs can pride ourselves on even today is Seva, our people come out in droves to help and do hands on seva.

PS i'm not having a dig at the Gurooghar as its only our Gurooghars that are helping and we should be proud of that and thankful to the Southall gurooghar...but if possible, the Gurooghar committe should try to do more in regards to not deny people of langar, particulary in this cold weather

There exists a mentality in Punjab that people who go abroad live a very comfortable life, drive multiple cars, live in big houses, etc...You can blame the NRIs for this attitude, we are to blame. When NRIs go back to India, they show of their jewellery, pictures of their cars and big houses to people without telling them how hard they have to work to be able to afford all that. I have seen people work 3 jobs to afford expensive cars and houses, that part is oh so conveniently left out of the conversation however.

So you decide who's to blame for all the false hype.

I strongly with the above...

singh sabha park avenue have put up a sign saying they will only be serving langar for a few hours of the day due

Not true - the signs say that langar opens at 4:45am and will close at 9pm. Don't recall the exact times, but there is no mention of closing during the day or that they can't cope. Guru Ji's Langar is always in Chardi Kala.

If the students are genuine - and most probably are, despite what you may think, then good on them for making an effort to get an education.