**avtaar Purbh And Barsi Updates**

**UPDATES**

Sri Dasm Granth Sehaj Paat Bhog - LIVE BROADCAST 6pm SIKHCHANNEL - 23rd

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Akhand Paat Bhog - LIVE BROADCAST 6pm SIKH CHANNEL - 24th

**There is alot of false propaganda going around that is trying to create alot of controversy and telling sangat to boycott the event**

Benti to everyone to attend 3 days and show your support, phone the sikh channel in support and try to help out with the seva, paat, langar, rauls, chaur sahib, chaupai sahib, japji sahib, money etc etc

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji!

A very comprehensive program organised. However, one thing that strikes me is that why is the sehaj paath bhog of Sri Dasam Granth being done in the middle of the Sri Akhand Paath Sahib?

I don't have a problem with the Dasam granth Paath, but surely by doing this the focus of Guru Granth Sahib Ji's bani is being diverted.

In puraatan times, there used to be as many gursikhs listening to Akhand paath as there would be to kirtan. Nowadays, it seems like, although a akhand paath is being done, no really sits annd listens to it. It's just something that happens in the background while other activities such as kirtan, dasam granth bhog take place along side. Isn't this beadhbi of gurbani?

If we are doing a akhand path - then lets just do an akhand paath, if we are doing kirtan - lets just do kirtan etc.

We can't take full laha of gurbani if we don't sit and listen.

I am not just tragetting this message at this program, this happens all over, in Gurdwaray, where there are 10 akhand paths happening at the same time and kirtan also happening in the hall.. who is really listening to what??

Come and attend, and you will see/feel/hear/smell/sense the Anand for yourself. The game of pyaar and shardha and satkaar for Guroo Sahib Jee will show any one how all these things at once enhance the spiritual bliss - the spiritual energy can only be experienced, not described. Where the pyaar, shardha and satkaar are not present, you are right that multiple paaths and keertan happening at the same time will not have the desired spiritual effect.

Waheguroo

Fateh . . .

1. I know regardless of the low tone of my post I will get flamed, and chances of this thread being highjacked.

2. In the past few days, any discussion on Sikh channel has been taken over by calls from public requesting to clarify whats going on with the Dasam Granth Path. These calls have been cut and the so called presenters are left abzimed with embarassement, who then try to carry on with their own topic looking completly lost.

3. We all read in the dohra: "Guru Granth Ji Manyo Pargat Guran ki Deh" however, now we are stating that look we dont believe in what our Guru ORDERED; but we will go against it and will do the path and satkar of Dasam Grant like it is Guru Granth Sahib. Impact: dilution of the overall impact of Sikh religion and its faith and teachings. Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings.

4. Sikh socities now ensuring that they only do path of Dasam Granth approved Bani. Again portraying that what has been there for the past know time is wrong and they have right to change.

5. Our presenters, our leaders, preaching what they cant practise.

6. Each Gurudwara now trying to have their own Maryada. Akal Takhat sahib having no control and the leaders being puppets in the hands of the more powerful.

Great message on a day when our Leader's own blood gave sacrifices to save this Panth.

What can I say - No vision, No understanding of where these issues are coming from, no understanding of the depth of what our Guru's tried to teach us, and completly bemboozled by the takeover of the western and our own larger cultures from own countries.

Not one person can provide clarification: that why are we now doing path of Dasam Granth equivalent to Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

All I can say is that this is equivalent of the music industry and as Joe McElderry sings it beautifully:

It is SAD, so SAD,

and it is getting more and more observed.

Fateh . . . . . .. .

Come and attend, and you will see/feel/hear/smell/sense the Anand for yourself. The game of pyaar and shardha and satkaar for Guroo Sahib Jee will show any one how all these things at once enhance the spiritual bliss - the spiritual energy can only be experienced, not described. Where the pyaar, shardha and satkaar are not present, you are right that multiple paaths and keertan happening at the same time will not have the desired spiritual effect.

Waheguroo

It is hard enough to listen, understand and implant the understanding of listening to one thing, - there is no way that you can listen to path and kirtan at the same time. Perhaps if you are Brahmgyani level, but be honest, how many of us can say we are, or know or anyone who is at that level.

If I wasn't busy, I would definately come, but when you go and you are sitting there listening/wathcing 2 things happening at once, aks yourself truly whether you are concentrating, understanding and focusing on both, or are you just watching what is happening, and hoping (with sharda) that it all becomes implanted within you.

when you go and you are sitting there listening/wathcing 2 things happening at once, aks yourself truly whether you are concentrating, understanding and focusing on both, or are you just watching what is happening, and hoping (with sharda) that it all becomes implanted within you

I'm trying to concentrate, focus and understand on where the mics are on in the Divan. Even if there is only one thing happening, how many of us can honestly say that we have full focus on gurbani paath, keertan or katha? Our only hope is shardhaa and Ardaas to Maharaaj Jee. Gurbani and Naam will only become implanted within you with Guroo Sahib Jee's Kirpaa. If Guroo Sahib Jee is merciful, then it will happen; it will not happen in any other way, regardless of whether there is one paath happening, or as per the programme for Guroo Gobind Singh Jee's Avtaar Purab and Sant Baba Thakur Singh Jee's Barsi.

Waheguroo