**avtaar Purbh And Barsi Updates**

when you go and you are sitting there listening/wathcing 2 things happening at once, aks yourself truly whether you are concentrating, understanding and focusing on both, or are you just watching what is happening, and hoping (with sharda) that it all becomes implanted within you

I'm trying to concentrate, focus and understand on where the mics are on in the Divan. Even if there is only one thing happening, how many of us can honestly say that we have full focus on gurbani paath, keertan or katha? Our only hope is shardhaa and Ardaas to Maharaaj Jee. Gurbani and Naam will only become implanted within you with Guroo Sahib Jee's Kirpaa. If Guroo Sahib Jee is merciful, then it will happen; it will not happen in any other way, regardless of whether there is one paath happening, or as per the programme for Guroo Gobind Singh Jee's Avtaar Purab and Sant Baba Thakur Singh Jee's Barsi.

Waheguroo

Very True! Without his kirpa, none of us able to do anything! However, we can make an effort, we have to do the ardas, we have to try and read, vicahr bani...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh . . .

3. We all read in the dohra: "Guru Granth Ji Manyo Pargat Guran ki Deh" however, now we are stating that look we dont believe in what our Guru ORDERED; but we will go against it and will do the path and satkar of Dasam Grant like it is Guru Granth Sahib. Impact: dilution of the overall impact of Sikh religion and its faith and teachings. Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings.

NOBODY has ever questioned the fact that our Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji. In fact, reading Dasam Bani only proves that point, for it is within Dasam Bani that you will find proof of Gurgaddi being given to Guru Granth Sahib Ji. When (if) you do your Nitnem, most Banis are from Dasam Granth - does that dilute the other Banis?

[

It is hard enough to listen, understand and implant the understanding of listening to one thing, - there is no way that you can listen to path and kirtan at the same time.

Gurbani works on many levels. Even a deaf person gets exactly the same laha as everyone else by sitting in an Akhand Paath.

The Katha, Keertan and Paath Smaagam is one such effort

Waheguroo

Indeed, but one needs to be practical as well. By all means do Katha, Kirtan, Paath, Vichar, but remain focused on what you are doing. Can you truly say that while listening to kirtan, you can listen and concentrate on doing paath as well?? Why make it so awkward for yourself when there is no need?

Akahand path of Sri Guru Granth Sahib is not something to be done in background. it is just as important as kirtan, It is guru sahib's bachan..`

3. We all read in the dohra: "Guru Granth Ji Manyo Pargat Guran ki Deh" however, now we are stating that look we dont believe in what our Guru ORDERED; but we will go against it and will do the path and satkar of Dasam Grant like it is Guru Granth Sahib. Impact: dilution of the overall impact of Sikh religion and its faith and teachings. Completely knowing that the Dasam Granth has been mixed with peoples own writings.

In the same tone may i ask who wrote that Dohra?

Dasam Granth was always in parkash along SGGS ji during Dal khalsa and sikh rule. There was no dilution then and there will be no dilution now also.

Only gurnindaks say that Dasam Granth has been mixed.There is no mix. Stop propagating this nonsense as it amounts to mischief.

As per the previous years and what the gurdvara sahib commitees agree to, the sevadaars have always done amrit velah divaans, talks, amrit sanchaar and eve divaans whilst an akhand paat sahib jee is happening, its the same as what happens at sri darbaar sahib jee, kirtan happens in the main darbaar, akhand paats are happening directly above, and katha at manji sahib in the complex of sri darbaar sahib, whilst all this is happening the kirtan can be heard everywhere.

If someone wants to listen to gurbani, then they can listen to the akhand paat sahib, some prefer to listen to kirtan aswell, hence the kirtan darbaar and to cater for those who want gyaan there is katha... When the original barsi thread was started we did ask for sangats suggestions, and thse who emailed, we have listened to and are trying to cater for the sangat, hence the gurmat veechar, amrit sanchaar and the ** LIVE BROADCAST** as per the wishes of the sangat.

In previous years gurvah has been banned and tried to question taksal, the barsi etc, so this is nothing new, however its nice to know your views havnt changed.

As per the previous years and what the gurdvara sahib commitees agree to, the sevadaars have always done amrit velah divaans, talks, amrit sanchaar and eve divaans whilst an akhand paat sahib jee is happening, its the same as what happens at sri darbaar sahib jee, kirtan happens in the main darbaar, akhand paats are happening directly above, and katha at manji sahib in the complex of sri darbaar sahib, whilst all this is happening the kirtan can be heard everywhere.

If someone wants to listen to gurbani, then they can listen to the akhand paat sahib, some prefer to listen to kirtan aswell, hence the kirtan darbaar and to cater for those who want gyaan there is katha... When the original barsi thread was started we did ask for sangats suggestions, and thse who emailed, we have listened to and are trying to cater for the sangat, hence the gurmat veechar, amrit sanchaar and the ** LIVE BROADCAST** as per the wishes of the sangat.

In previous years gurvah has been banned and tried to question taksal, the barsi etc, so this is nothing new, however its nice to know your views havnt changed.

Keep up the good work.We are in revival mode.

Good thread for additional inf

Well this is a discussion forum, so I forgive me discussing questions I have on here.

What I was trying to get at is, is the kirtan, akhand paath happening in the same place or are there different halls? Doesn't make sense to make have the sehaj paath bhog for dasam granth and akhand paath going on at the same time..

Maybe people of ur level of brahm dhiaan and giaan can listen to 60 bani's being read to at the same time but most of us with lower level avastha find it hard to comprehend even one.

and FYI I have no issue with Taksal or barsi of Baba Takhur Singh.

It is always appropriate to have these separately.

But your query went further than arrangements.You had said that there was no beer of Dasam Granth sahib during Guru sahib's time. That was a remark on the hsefulness of the whole exercise. My reply was in response to that.

It is always appropriate to have these separately.

But your query went further than arrangements.You had said that there was no beer of Dasam Granth sahib during Guru sahib's time. That was a remark on the hsefulness of the whole exercise. My reply was in response to that.

I Never said that there was no beer around Guru Sahibs times