Bare Head

Guest SikhForLife

Guest SikhForLife

bhaio and bhaino hearye.gif :D:

this link was posted on american sikhs egroup

and i read it book.gif

and got confused :|

http://www.destinationsaachkhand.com/Keski4.html

it says we will be punished if we eat bare headed..

is this true?

has guruji ever said anything like this?

is this in SGGS?

i noticed these are rehats from different people

only one that i recognised was Bhai nand laaal jee

i often eat without tying a keski or patka../bandanna.. i didnt know bout tthis

:St:

:i: so enlighten me tongue.gif :

thank you

rockon.gif

Waheguru..that's right jeeio..our punj pyaray do tell us that, and it's also in the Rehitnaamas with many direct/indirect references to this in Guru Granth Sahib Jee!

That's why our head is covered during Langar, during keertan, naam japna, our head should always be covered. Veera is right this is why the keski is the best choice. For example my dad wears a dustaar and when he comes home will tie a keski at home--that would be a good choice for you too jeeio. Guru Jee is everywhere, and we must always be humble and graceful. The food that you eat is a gift from Waheguru Jee, how can we not cover our head?

nugun hoe baahur firehi nugun sees jo khaae nugun prusaadh jo baa(n)ttee thunukhaahee buddo kehaae ||24||

Those who walk outside, eat or distribute food without their head covered will be punished severely.

Thankhaanama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

In Gurdev Pita Maharaj's 52 Hukams he says:

35)Dastaar bina nahi rehnaa - Wear a turban at all times.

Also in his Hukam at Kabul he says that our kesh are the 'seal of Guru jee'

no wonder my biji and all other women in my family never used to take off their chunnis from head.

they used to wear chunni really well, always with grace and with great respect. looked sooo beautiful.

even those who used to come to our house to do some work...they were tols to wear chunni properly with respect.

awwww

Guru sahib ji s sooo koooooooool

Dhan Sikhi, Dhan Guru Piyyaray

Thanks Singhs and Singhnees......

well, when it is said that hair should be covered all the time is a 'rumaal' (white colored cloth on knot-jhuraah) enough...or is it a minimum to have a patkha (or keski)...what about a parrnaa (round wrapped 1 meter cloth).....

is it OK with just a white rumaal or should the whole head be covered..like with a parrnaa or keski/patka....

What about when we sleep? Is it enough with rumaal or should we sleep with a parrnaa or keski?

rolleyes.gif

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Rumaal, Patka or scrafes are all modern day inventions. They have no place in Gurmat.

The best choice is a smaller dastar! I don't think that chuunis can ever stay on your head that well. It's funny to see how even when bibiaa do matha tekh to Guru Sahib their chunni slips! hehe, and it keeps on slipping while doing seva or even when listenting to path inside of the Darbar Sahib. I'm not writing this to offend anyone, you can just look at this happening at any Gurdwara Sahib. A chunni only stays on one's head if a keski is a tied underneath it. Please don't take it as a offense if you don't wear a keski. We are only here to learn from each other so lets kill our personal thinking and learn what Tat-Gurmat is all about.

This is what Bhai Chaupa Singh Ji in his tankhahnaama writes about sleeping at night without a dastar:

Pagh Raate Laaeh Kar Saave, SO BHEE TANKHAAEA

One who sleeps without a Dastar is ALSO A TANKHAAEA

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh