How Vammi Are You ?

Guest fordcapri

Guest fordcapri

Do you light toof, Jot? Believe in superstitions? Believe in un-scientific miracles associated with people of a religion? Omens?

Add common vamms within our people lets discuss them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you light toof, Jot? Believe in superstitions? Believe in un-scientific miracles associated with people of a religion? Omens?

how is lighting jyot and dhoop a vaim???

Your seriously messed in the head with your anglican view on sikhi..... first the BNP and now this?

Guest fordcapri

Your seriously messed in the head with your anglican view on sikhi..... first the BNP and now this?

what is dhoop ?do you mean candle sticks ? they were used as in the old days as there was not electrical lighting, it is now used in idol practice such as circulating round pictures.

• Wearing circular metal bands called "rings" with small pieces of stone dug out from the earth attached to them. Superstitious people think of this as a "symbol" of marriage.
  • Holding your hands out and touching them to the other person's hands when you meet them. Superstitious people think that this is a form of welcoming.
  • Holding your hand up to one side of your head. Superstitious people hold that this action is form of "respect" to a higher officer.
  • Wearing white on your wedding day. Superstitious people think of this as a symbol of purity.
  • Sewing together a rectangular piece of fabric of different colours and attaching it to a pole during the working hours of a government office or even 24x7 at some places. Superstitious people think that this means some kind of "respect" to a country or its veteran soldiers.
  • Wearing robes of specified colours on special days (such as the last day of school or college). Superstitious people think this signifies seriousness of purpose or some such nonsense.
  • Bowing your legs or tipping your hat when you meet someone. Superstitious people think this a form of courtesy.

Wow, this world is full of superstition!

Guest fordcapri

• Wearing circular metal bands called "rings" with small pieces of stone dug out from the earth attached to them. Superstitious people think of this as a "symbol" of marriage.
  • Holding your hands out and touching them to the other person's hands when you meet them. Superstitious people think that this is a form of welcoming.
  • Holding your hand up to one side of your head. Superstitious people hold that this action is form of "respect" to a higher officer.
  • Wearing white on your wedding day. Superstitious people think of this as a symbol of purity.
  • Sewing together a rectangular piece of fabric of different colours and attaching it to a pole during the working hours of a government office or even 24x7 at some places. Superstitious people think that this means some kind of "respect" to a country or its veteran soldiers.
  • Wearing robes of specified colours on special days (such as the last day of school or college). Superstitious people think this signifies seriousness of purpose or some such nonsense.
  • Bowing your legs or tipping your hat when you meet someone. Superstitious people think this a form of courtesy.

Wow, this world is full of superstition!

i agree they are all pointless.

The impact and connection of supersition are different for various people. Avioding walking under ladder is just as dum as thinking if you go out before sneezing is bad luck.

i was talking more bout supersitions within Punjabis, most of these vammis dont know there is Phliposhy within Sikhi that denounces bougus ritulas and vams.

I have also seen punjabi singers doing "Instrument worship" on entry to the stage to perform some singers touch each instutment then their ears.

Bhangra dancers/Dhol players touch the dhols then floor then ears. All vaams.

..I also hear some dum people in india think its bad luck to get married on a Thursday !!!

i was talking more bout supersitions within Punjabis, most of these vammis dont know there is Phliposhy within Sikhi that denounces bougus ritulas and vams.

Oops, I forgot that we were supposed to be making fun of our own people in this thread while meekly accepting the Firangis ways like the good little slaves that we are. :huh:

what is dhoop ?do you mean candle sticks ? they were used as in the old days as there was not electrical lighting, it is now used in idol practice such as circulating round pictures.

are you honestly that stupid, that you think dhoop is a candle stick? It is a purifier of air, it creates serenity, its a meditative aid, something you wouldnt understand as i guess youve never meditated.

Its was days when pathans challenged sikhs to show up and lit a jyot inside harimander sahib and singhs gave their life to lit that one jyot and today its a vehm ... :lol: :lol: :lol: old vehmi singhs in our ols vehmi itehas ....

Guest fordcapri

are you honestly that stupid, that you think dhoop is a candle stick? It is a purifier of air, it creates serenity, its a meditative aid, something you wouldnt understand as i guess youve never meditated.

How can air be purified?? Enlighten me.

ive never miditaed know me do you, so you have aids ??? like you said you do ?

Do you light toof, Jot?

A lot of that going around:

• Paris, France, under the archway at the Arc de Triomphe, which has burned continuously since 1921, in memory of all who died in World War I, and Arras, France-Notre Dame De Lorette war memorial.
  • Moscow, Russia, at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in the Alexander Garden to honor the dead of the Great Patriotic War
  • Rome, Italy, on the Altare della Patria, for the Unknown Soldier
  • The Eternal Flame in the Peace Garden of Toronto City Hall, lit by His Holiness Pope John Paul II in September 1984, symbolizes the hope and regeneration of mankind.
  • John F. Kennedy Eternal Flame in Arlington National Cemetery, Virginia, lit by Jacqueline Kennedy on November 25, 1963 during the assassinated president's state funeral
  • Gettysburg Battlefield, Pennsylvania, in memory of the dead of the American Civil War, first lit by President Franklin Roosevelt in 1938
  • Atlanta, Georgia at the King Center, for assassinated civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • New York City, New York, at Ground Zero, lit by Mayor Michael Bloomberg on the first anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks upon the financial district of the city.

200px-JFK_grave.jpg