Mahakaal Kalika Aradi

SSA Sangat Ji,

In Dasam Granth, On One side Maharaji is telling not to worship Durga,mata Devi, Kali Mata AND on one side Maharaji worshipped Kalika to get her blessing to create a new Panth; KHALSA(because Khanda was given by Kalika which later Maharaji took it back along with him to Sachkhand Sahib.)

Basically Lot of contraversies going on based on above mentioned lines. What i came to know from one of the Puran Gursikh is that. Akal Purakh crated Maya(Aad Shakti) and Ordered her to create Tin Chele Parvaan ; i.e. Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh(Eka Mai jugat Vehai, Tin Chele Parvaan-Ik Sansari,Ik Bhandari,Ik Lahe Deeban). And then Individual Shakti was given to each of them- Brahmini to Brhma, Parvaati to Shiv and Laxami to Visnu.

The Saroops or Picture of Devis or Shakti we see on this earth are not the real saroops. The Real Saroop is diff. from What we see in Temples.(Like Sun is very big even its form and energy is differenct, but when its rays approaches earth , it takes diff. form and level of energy).

Most of the times, Parvati take a form of Durga/Kali or other form on this Earth to kills Demons.

Now coming to Point, Maharajji didnot worshipp Parvati or Brahmini or Laxmi. He worshipped Aad Shakti(Ong Sriang,hirang,liriang sundri Balhe Namah) which is the Shadow sarrop of Akal Purakh.There is nothing above Aad shakti except AkalPurakh.

Mehtab Singh, if Mahakaal is the "Great Death" and Kaal is "Death", Mahakaal is the higher entity right? So how can Mahakaal be someone who does aradhana of a lower Kaal?

The word is spelt ਕਾਲਿਕਾ not ਕਾਲਕਾ

In Dasam Guru Darbar, Guru Gobind also writes:

ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਹੈ ਪਿਤਾ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਦੇਬਿ ਕਾਲਿਕਾ ਮਾਤ ਹਮਾਰਾ

Is that also Kaal Ka? Or Kalika?

Its Mahakaal Kaal Ka Aradhi. From my limited knowledge, many people misread it as Kaalika and thats when all hell breaks loose. Its Kaal ka, 2 separate words.

Further explanation is that Aaradhi means Aaradhna kitee. Thus the meaning of

the quoted TUK can be summed as "Guru ji ne Kaal de Mahakaal di Aaradhana kitee."

And it is mis spelt by some of our brothers as Guru ji ne KALIKA aradhee, which is wrong.

Guru ji in BAANI of Dasam Granth tells at one place while addressing Akaal Purakh :-

" Kaal tuhi Kaali tuhi Tuhi Teg aru Teer,"

The quoted tuk under reference" Mahakaal Kaal Ka Aradhi" is from Bachitter Natak and

full Shabad is as under :-

ਚੌਪਈ ॥CHAUPAIਅਬ ਮੈ ਅਪਨੀ ਕਥਾ ਬਖਾਨੋ ॥ ਤਪ ਸਾਧਤ ਜਿਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਮੁਹਿ ਆਨੋ ॥

Ab mai apnoo kahtaa bakhaano|| Tap saadhat jih bidh(i) muh(i) aano||

Now I narrate my own story as to how I was brought here, while I was absorbed in deep meditation.

ਹੇਮ ਕੁੰਟ ਪਰਬਤ ਹੈ ਜਹਾਂ ॥ ਸਪਤ ਸ੍ਰਿੰਗ ਸੋਭਿਤ ਹੈ ਤਹਾਂ ॥੧॥

Hem Kunt parbat hai jahaan|| Sapat sring sobhit hai tahaan||1||

The site was the mountain named Hemkunt, with seven peaks and looks there very impressive.

ਸਪਤ ਸ੍ਰਿੰਗ ਤਿਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਹਾਵਾ ॥ ਪੰਡੁ ਰਾਜ ਜਹ ਜੋਗੁ ਕਮਾਵਾ ॥

Sapat sring tih naam(u) kahaavaa|| Pant(u) raaj jab jog(u) kamaavaa||

That mountain is called Sapt Shring (seven-peaked mountain), where the Pandavas Practised Yoga.

ਤਹ ਹਮ ਅਧਿਕ ਤਪੱਸਿਆ ਸਾਧੀ ॥ ਮਹਾਕਾਲ ਕਾਲਕਾ ਅਰਾਧੀ ॥੨॥

Tah ham adhik tapassiaa saadhoo|| Mahaakaal Kaalkaa araadhoo||2||

There I was absorbed in deep meditation on the Primal Power, the Supreme KAL.

ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕਰਤ ਤਪਸਿਆ ਭਯੋ ॥ ਦ੍ਵੈ ਤੇ ਏਕ ਰੂਪ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਗਯੋ ॥

Ih bidh(i) karat tapasiaa bhayo|| Dvai te ek roop hvai gado||

In this way, my meditation reached its zenith and I became One with the Omnipotent Lord.

ਤਾਤ ਮਾਤ ਮੁਰ ਅਲਖ ਅਰਾਧਾ ॥ ਬਹੂ ਬਿਧਿ ਜੋਗ ਸਾਧਨਾ ਸਾਧਾ ॥੩॥

Taat maat muralakh araadhaa|| Bahu bidh(i) jog saadhnaa saadhaa||3||

My parents also meditated for the union with the Incomprehensible Lord and performed many types of disciplines for union..

ਤਿਨ ਜੋ ਕਰੀ ਅਲਖ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ॥ ਤਾ ਤੇ ਭਏ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਗੁਰਦੇਵਾ ॥

Tin jo daroo alakh koo sevaa|| Taa te bhae prasann Gurdevaa||

The service that they rendered the Incomprehensible Lord, caused the pleasure of the Supreme Guru (i.e. Lord).

ਤਿਨ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਜਬ ਆਇਸ ਮੁਹਿ ਦੀਆ ॥ ਤਬ ਹਮ ਜਨਮ ਕਲੂ ਮਹਿ ਲੀਆ ॥੪॥

Tin Prabh jab aais muh(i) dooaa|| Tah ham janam kaloo maih looaa||4||

When the Lord ordered me, I was born in this Iron age.4.

ਚਿਤ ਨ ਭਯੋ ਹਮਰੋ ਆਵਨ ਕਹ ॥ ਚੁਭੀ ਰਹੀ ਸ੍ਰੁਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਚਰਨਨ ਮਹ ॥

Chit na bhayo hamro aavan kah|| Chubhoo rahoo srut(i) Prabh(u) charnan mah||

I had no desire to come, because I was totally absorbed in devotion for the Holy feet of the Lord.

ਜਿਉ ਤਿਉ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਹਮ ਕੋ ਸਮਝਾਯੋ ॥ ਇਮ ਕਹਿ ਕੈ ਇਹ ਲੋਕ ਪਠਾਯੋ ॥੫॥

Jio tio Prabh ham ko samjhaayo|| Im kah(i) kai ih lok pathaayo||5||

But the Lord made me understand His Will and sent me in this world with the following ||5 ||

Bhul chuk khima ,Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Mehtab Singh, if Mahakaal is the "Great Death" and Kaal is "Death", Mahakaal is the higher entity right? So how can Mahakaal be someone who does aradhana of a lower Kaal?

The word is spelt ਕਾਲਿਕਾ not ਕਾਲਕਾ

In Dasam Guru Darbar, Guru Gobind also writes:

ਸਰਬ ਕਾਲ ਹੈ ਪਿਤਾ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਦੇਬਿ ਕਾਲਿਕਾ ਮਾਤ ਹਮਾਰਾ

Is that also Kaal Ka? Or Kalika?

This is where I read what I stated in my earlier post.

http://www.searchsik...om/goddess.html

It has been established that Guru Gobind Singh Ji only worshipped One Eternal Waheguru and taught His Sikhs to do the same. Now, let us look at the Shabad and analyze it some. The word ਕਾਲਕਾ does not refer to goddess Kalika but to the One Eternal Lord. The word in fact is a compound word, made up of two separate words.

The first word is: ਕਾਲ - Death

The second word is: ਕਾ - of

This is not an attempt to break up words so Gurbani can be misinterpreted as in Guru Granth Sahib Ji the word ਕਾਲਿ has been used numerous times.

ਹਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸਿਮਰਿ ਕਾਟਿਆ ਭਉ ਕਾਲ ॥3

Meditating, meditating in remembrance on the Lord, I am rid of the fear of death. ||3||

ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ

Those who have not met the Primal Being, the True Guru, are most unfortunate, and are subject to death.

Therefore, the line in correct form would be: ਮਹਾਕਾਲ ਕਾਲ ਕਾ ਅਰਾਧੀ ॥2

ਮਹਾਕਾਲ - Death

ਕਾਲ ਕਾ - of death

ਅਰਾਧੀ - worshipped

This means that Guru Ji worshipped the One Supreme Power that is death of death. By reading the next lines, it becomes quite clear that these in fact are the correct meanings.

ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕਰਤ ਤਪਸਿਆ ਭਯੋ ॥ ਦ੍ਵੈ ਤੇ ਏਕ ਰੂਪ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਗਯੋ

In this way, my meditation reached its zenith and I became One with the Omnipotent Lord.

It is a well-accepted belief in Sikhi as well as in Hinduism that a goddess is not Waheguru but His creation. If we assume that Guru Ji worshipped goddess then we must admit that before Guru Ji started meditating there were three forms in existence: Lord (Waheguru), Goddess (Kalika) and Guru Ji himself. After a long period of meditation, He became one with Waheguru, which means three forms then became two. However, what Guru Ji says totally contradicts this baseless theory. He clearly states that there were only two in existence: Himself and Waheguru. After meditation, Guru Ji merged with the Light of the true Lord and thus became one with Him. Therefore, two became one. This proves that the worship of goddesses by Guru Sahib never happened. Not only are these stories a fabrication of the truth but also they are a grave misinterpretation of the message of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Basically What i am trying to tell is World is worshipping the Lower forms of Shakti like parvati,Durga,Kali,Laxmi. Our GUru Maharajji Worshipped High FOrm of Shakti which is the shadow saroop of Akal Purakh.

Even Though Those lower froms of Shakti are created out of Maha Kalika(Aad Shakti). Even Pandits and Brahmns were not able to withstand the shakti of Aadshakti(mountains started shaking due to turmoils) during the Yagya performed by Maharajji, They all ran away except Maharajji.

Mehtab SIngh ji,

Maharajji did tapsya in Hemkunt Sahib in his Previous Birth. At that time Guruji didnot worship Aad shakti, Instead Maharajji worshipped Akal Purakh. That is why Guruji said ਇਹ ਬਿਧਿ ਕਰਤ ਤਪਸਿਆ ਭਯੋ ॥ ਦ੍ਵੈ ਤੇ ਏਕ ਰੂਪ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਗਯੋ ॥. This line explains when at hemkunt sahib Guruji merged with Akal Purakh and Duality Vanished and then Akal Purakh Ordered Guruji to take Birth on Earth and establish the rule of Pure(Khalsa).

I know you have taken these line for your explaination from Guru Sahib, Kalika and Bhagauti(Based on Hum Hindu Nahin, by Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha Bilja Singh.

Could you please them provide me the reasons why in Ardaas we mention Pritham bhagouti simar keyGuru Nanak layin dhyay....