Is There Any Difference?

There is hardly any difference. But it is important that our munn hears and understands it

as is told in Japji sahib:-

" Gaaveeye suniye munn rakhiye bhao,

Dukh parhar sukh ghar le jao."

Here Guru sahib give stress on munn.

At another place in a shabad it is told:-

" Munn kar kabhoo na har gun gayao,

Bikhiya-sakte bhayao nise basure keenao apno bhayao."

So it is important that our munn reads and hears Gurbani and we implement the same

in our life style .

Bhgul chuk khima WJKKwjkf

Salok Vaaraan and Vadheek Guru Amar Das

(at ang 1420)ਬਾਬੀਹਾ ਤੂੰ ਸਹਜਿ ਬੋਲਿ ਸਚੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ ॥

Baabeehaa thoon sehaj bol sachai sabadh subhaae ||

O rainbird, speak the Shabad, the True Word of God, with natural peace and poise.

ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਹੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਦੀਆ ਦਿਖਾਇ ॥

Sabh kishh thaerai naal hai sathigur dheeaa dhikhaae ||

Everything is with you; the True Guru will show you this.

and

Salok Vaaraan and Vadheek Guru Amar Das

(at ang 1420-1421)

ਹਰਹਟ ਭੀ ਤੂੰ ਤੂੰ ਕਰਹਿ ਬੋਲਹਿ ਭਲੀ ਬਾਣਿ ॥

Harehatt bhee thoon thoon karehi bolehi bhalee baan ||

The Persian wheel also cries out, ""Too! Too! You! You!"",

with sweet and sublime sounds.

ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਦਾ ਹਦੂਰਿ ਹੈ ਕਿਆ ਉਚੀ ਕਰਹਿ ਪੁਕਾਰ ॥

Saahib sadhaa hadhoor hai kiaa ouchee karehi pukaar ||

Our Lord and Master is always present;

why do you cry out to Him in such a loud voice?

ਜਿਨਿ ਜਗਤੁ ਉਪਾਇ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗੁ ਕੀਆ ਤਿਸੈ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਕੁਰਬਾਣੁ ॥

Jin jagat oupaae har rang keeaa tisai vittahu kurabaan ||

I am a sacrifice to that Lord who created the world, and who loves it.

ਆਪੁ ਛੋਡਹਿ ਤਾਂ ਸਹੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਸਚਾ ਏਹੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥

Aap shhoddehi taan sahu milai sachaa eaehu veechaar ||

Give up your selfishness, and then you shall meet your Husband Lord.

Consider this Truth.

ਹਉਮੈ ਫਿਕਾ ਬੋਲਣਾ ਬੁਝਿ ਨ ਸਕਾ ਕਾਰ ॥

Houmai fikaa bolanaa bujh n sakaa kaar ||

Speaking in shallow egotism, no one understands the Ways of God.

ਵਣੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਣੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣੁ ਤੁਝੈ ਧਿਆਇਦਾ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਸਦਾ ਵਿਹਾਣ ॥

Van trin tribhavan tujhai dhhiaaeidhaa anadhin sadhaa vihaan ||

The forests and fields, and all the three worlds meditate on You,

O Lord; this is the way they pass their days and nights forever.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਨੈ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਥਕੇ ਵੀਚਾਰ ॥

Bin satigur kinai n paaeiaa kar kar thhakae veechaar ||

Without the True Guru, no one finds the Lord. People have

grown weary of thinking about it.

ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਜੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਤਾਂ ਆਪੇ ਲੈਹਿ ਸਵਾਰਿ ॥

Nadar karehi jae aapanee taan aapae laihi savaar ||

But if the Lord casts His Glance of Grace, then He Himself embellishes us.

ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਆਏ ਸੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥੬੩॥

naanak guramukh jinhee dhhiaaeiaa aaeae sae paravaan ||63||

O Nanak, the Gurmukhs meditate on the Lord;

blessed and approved is their coming into the world. ||63||

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKEFATEH.

Some can obtain Rass (sweet taste) from Gurbani by reading out aloud whilst others can obtain it by reading Gurbani internally. It all depends on the individual's avasthaa (state of spirituality). There are different stages of avasthaa and as one continues to engage in nitnem , the avasthaa changes accordingly. There comes a stage where Rass drips uncontrollaby without even engaging actively in nitnem.

The aim is Rass. Which ever method works , use it. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharajh Says to Gursikhs to read Gurbani on a daily basis , reflect on the meanings , and then adopt the Sikhia (teachings) of Gurbani.

Unscrew your Mind, Throw away all the garbage that exists in the Brain, Empty it, Go the Guru, listen to his wisdom, implant his wisdom into the brain, practise it everyday in your life, start earning what The Guru is telling me to do and commit yourself fully to Guru's hukam.

Unscrew your Mind, Throw away all the garbage that exists in the Brain, Empty it, Go the Guru, listen to his wisdom, implant his wisdom into the brain, practise it everyday in your life, start earning what The Guru is telling me to do and commit yourself fully to Guru's hukam.

I am reading it again and again, but I am not practising these instructions that Guru has given me.

Weather we read GURBANI loudly or slowly or silently,there is hardly any difference

but more important is this that we understand the message given by GURU SAHIB JI

and our life style accepts the message and practically the same is implemented in

our day to day life, as is told inthe shabad :-

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥

Dhanaasaree, Fourth Mehl:

ਸੇਵਕ ਸਿਖ ਪੂਜਣ ਸਭਿ ਆਵਹਿ ਸਭਿ ਗਾਵਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਊਤਮ ਬਾਨੀ ॥

saevak sikh poojan sabh aavehi sabh gaavehi har har ootham baanee ||

All the Sikhs and servants come to worship and adore You;

they sing the sublime Bani of the Lord, Har, Har.

ਗਾਵਿਆ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਕਾ ਹਰਿ ਥਾਇ ਪਾਵੈ ਜਿਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਆਗਿਆ ਸਤਿ ਸਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਮਾਨੀ ॥੧॥

gaaviaa suniaa thin kaa har thhaae paavai jin sathigur kee aagiaa sath sath kar maanee ||1||

Their singing and listening is approved by the Lord; they accept the Order of the

True Guru as True, totally True. ||1||

ਬੋਲਹੁ ਭਾਈ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਭਵਜਲ ਤੀਰਥਿ ॥

bolahu bhaaee har keerath har bhavajal theerathh ||

Chant the Lord's Praises, O Siblings of Destiny; the Lord is the sacred shrine of

pilgrimage in the terrifying world-ocean.

ਹਰਿ ਦਰਿ ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਊਤਮ ਬਾਤ ਹੈ ਸੰਤਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਥਾ ਜਿਨ ਜਨਹੁ ਜਾਨੀ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

har dhar thin kee ootham baath hai santhahu har kathhaa jin janahu jaanee || rehaao ||

They alone are praised in the Court of the Lord, O Saints,

who know and understand the Lord's sermon. ||Pause||

ਆਪੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਚੇਲਾ ਹੈ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਚੋਜ ਵਿਡਾਨੀ ॥

aapae gur chaelaa hai aapae aapae har prabh choj viddaanee ||

He Himself is the Guru, and He Himself is the disciple;

the Lord God Himself plays His wondrous games.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਾਏ ਸੋਈ ਹਰਿ ਮਿਲਸੀ ਅਵਰ ਸਭ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਓਹਾ ਹਰਿ ਭਾਨੀ ॥੨॥੫॥੧੧॥

jan naanak aap milaaeae soee har milasee avar sabh thiaag ouhaa har bhaanee ||2||5||11||

O servant Nanak, he alone merges with the Lord, whom the Lord Himself merges;

all the others are forsaken, but the Lord loves him. ||2||5||11||

(at ang 669 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji )

vjkk vjkf

if initially you read/say gurbani out loud, you are more likely to remember it. repetitively saying gurbani out loud allows you to listen to what you are saying. then when you read it or say it in your mind, you can 'hear' yourself saying it.<br>many sants and mahapurash advise for people to speak gurbani out loud, and let yourself listen to it. as you speak it out loud, it becomes more 'pakka' resolute in your mind, then jundo ander vas jandi bani, when after speaking it loudly it starts to resonate in your mind then you can do it either way.

try it, if you say gurbani in a toneful voice loudly, almost singing but not exactly. say a line a few times, or vaheguru loudly. then be silent and listen to that in your mind, it's a lot clearer than just doing it in your head straight away.

ਗਾਵੀਐ ਸੁਣੀਐ ਮਨਿ ਰਖੀਐ ਭਾਉ

Sing, and listen, and let your mind be filled with love.

ਦੁਖੁ

Your pain shall be sent far away, and peace shall come to your home.

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ

The Guru's Word is the Sound-current of the Naad; the Guru's Word is the Wisdom of the Vedas; the Guru's Word is all-pervading.

AND OF COURSE

ਸੁਣਿਐ ਸਿਧ ਪੀਰ ਸੁਰਿ ਨਾਥ

Listening-the Siddhas, the spiritual teachers, the heroic warriors, the yogic masters.

ਸੁਣਿਐ

Listening-the earth, its support and the Akaashic ethers.

ਸੁਣਿਐ

Listening-the oceans, the lands of the world and the nether regions of the underworld.

ਸੁਣਿਐ

Listening-Death cannot even touch you.

ਨਾਨਕ

O Nanak, the devotees are forever in bliss.

ਸੁਣਿਐ ॥੮॥

Listening-pain and sin are erased. ||8||

SO BY RECITING OUT LOUD, SO CAN ALLOW YOURSELF TO LISTEN.

eventually after listening it will sink in:

ਸੁਣਿਆ ਮੰਨਿਆ ਮਨਿ ਕੀਤਾ ਭਾਉ

Listening and believing with love and humility in your mind,

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%85%E0%A9%B0%E0%A8%A4%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%97%E0%A8%A4%E0%A8%BF" onmouseover="ddrivetip('iAnṯargaṯ /i', 250)" ;="" onmouseout="hideddrivetip()">ਅੰਤਰਗਤਿ ਤੀਰਥਿ ਮਲਿ ਨਾਉ

cleanse yourself with the Name, at the sacred shrine deep within.

Also if you type in ਜਪ into srigranth.org or sikhi to the max. see how many searches come up and just read through a few.

i guess, from what i can think of, there may be other ways, and what i write might be wrong but for any script, in this case and especially gurbani you could

arad(h)ana - repeating out loud, try to embed something into your memory.

rad(h), is to memorise, or to finish. so arad(h) i would suggest would be to never stop, and keep on memorising, as we try to do with gurbani.

dhiaona - dhian la ke, with your mind. set your mind to focus on gurbani, the meaning, and say loud or quietly in your mind, but focus your mind on it

japna - with your tongue, your voice. dhiaona can be done with the mind alone, but japna can not (i don't think ;) )

gaona - then there's gaona, singing aloud.

just a few thoughts, from what i've gathered feel free to add anything or whatever.

vjkk vjkf