How Can Gatka Help Me Spiritually?

gWhizzle

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh,

I have been learning gatka now for about 2 months and have loved it very much, however I was led under the influence that it would help my Sikhi and help me to meditate. How it does this escapes me, so what I'm asking is, how gatka can help my Sikhi?

Thanks!

Learning the true value of shastar and yudh - and learning to see and do pooja of of Guru Gobind Singhs Mahabali roop can make one more spiritual and increase your wonder and attachment of/to Guru Sahiban.

The Namaskar process is also a form of Pooja, esp if done correctly whilst reciting Jaap Sahib.

As for the rest of Gatka, sadly, it bears little relation to Asli Yudh and won't help yo on the street or battlefield against anyone who knows what they are doing.

Interesting reply Khaalis, I like. However, if this is true - then why would one want to learn Gatka at all? if all Gatka is just a display of an art something that isn't actually practical but can only be used for display purposes then im sure there are countless other arts which are even more flashier that you can learn... Also when i've been observing the Namaskaar I don't think i've come across anyone who has recited Jaap Sahib during it.

Also, what martial art would come handy in "Asli Yudh" (real practical battlefield)?

Gurfateh

Guru Gobind Singh Ji Has not put Gatka and enhanced shastr Vidiya in our Panth for no reason and not only for a short while. As per Ustaad Uptej Singh Ji Gatka is also suppose to help you spirtualy as a fighter. Khalsa is the power of the Guru. Gatka is suppose to help you spritually, the rythem of the sword dancing is all suppose to be one with our beloved SAT GURU AKAL PURAKH. read Sri Dasam Granth, to get in with a little more spirtuality and art form of fighting within Khalsa. Even the stories that Guru Ji tells will give you hints on what to do.

Second thing, Guru Ji hasn't given us the sword for no reason, and only for use for his times. Other Sants, Mahapurkhs tell us that when the end of days come and Satyug starts again, people will start using the sword again, and will come back to old times. Why, hasn't our Guru gave us something for Yugs, the GURU GRANTH SAHIB isn't for just a time, its for all yugs and will help forever as it is the Hukham of Akal Purkh, which stays forever. Guru Ji has given us Gatka to understand spirtually and physically so we can keep it for yugs to come and be like Guru Ji said Shastr Dhari, Amrit Dhari, Sant And Sipahi.

Bhul Chuck Maaf. Also learn shastr vidiya after gatka