1984 Sikh Story Documentry Review

ladli-fauj

I think the movie was kind of depressing in a way that it didn't show all the events like Anandpur Resolution and made Bhindranwale seem to start movement against govt. because of his personal relationship with police when the cops "burnt, and tarnished his sons (pothis)" i think, that made it sound like Sant Ji was just a crazy fanatic. Mark Tully did really destroy movie, with his own prophecies which can't be true. The movie didn't even mention that there was no evidence found on Sant Ji on the murder of Paapi Jagat Narain

Who care what Dal Khalsa thinks. They may represent small minority within Sikh community but they do not represent us in general. Pachey saal ho gay neh, Thugey di vey haad hundey ya.. Time for these outlets to end/go away !

in the documentry mark tully expressed he felt intimidated because his stinkin foot touched sant jis shashters, he said sant ji looked at him like he was going to use his shashters on him. in a previous documentry mark tully narrated the same story but said it was not sant ji that gave him a harsh look it was general shabagh singh... this makes one wonder did the whole incident even take?

if the sikh sangat was not divided on the documentary, they will be now! Nevermind honouring the family of Sukhwinder Singh who died protecting a woman he didnt even know, lets honour sonia deol. you might aswell honour mark tully while your at it.

in addition to everything else sonia did, lets not forget sonia lied on the sikh channel about what the documentary is actually about!

Message to Dal Khalsa: Sonia is responsible for her participation in the documentary. Journalists are very aware that information they convey must be Up To Date, Accurate and Not Bias. This is something taught to children at Key Stage 3. As a journalist she understands only too well what she was doing. to say Dal Khalsa "DO NOT HOLD HER RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM" in beg red lettering is in one word a joke!

Would you rather drive her away to Hindu forces or educate her? as penji Ravinder Kaur has planned to do by sending her a book On Bluestar the choice is ours if we continue to attack her she may end up along with other Sikhs believing the lies the lies about Sant Ji and the hindu propaganda and may well end up unknowingly hating on the Sikhs who support the cause.The conspiracy is clear here the use of a Sikh who does not know about 84 fed her lies and said go on a journey.

Education is the key - especially when it comes to our own not understanding - which most don't

i agree. education is the key. this is why you need to educate yourself first then educate others. the documentary can not be 'a personal journey' and 'a sikh story' at the same time. if its a sikh sotry it directly links all the sangat. its not a case of driving her to hindu / gvt forces. i didnt learn about 84 through sikh forces. to be hoenst she would have known at least some of our side of the story. look at the first sites that appear when you search for 'sikh 1984' in google. in addition to this she is surrounded by sangat in soho rd gurughar every sunday. she was at the taksal but she already made her mind up about the damdami taksal and sant ji. the damage has already been done. if its an education thing like you say, she should have educated herself first then made the documentary.... she doesnt even know Guru ji had a gun.... so she doesnt even know about the jeevens of our oun Satguru ji....so far, this doc has done more damage then good.

Its never too late to learn the truth which I think she will in time instead of targeting her as a scapegoat we should instead complain tothose behind the lies like tully,bajwa and the others, I agree damage is done but it has also triggered a debate and a calling for a new understading of the events as said by tru skool and co on the Sikh Chnl last night forget the BBC they are anti Sikh we know that, like Singh said on the show our own call Sant Jarnail Singh Ji a terrorist lets educate them 1st.If Sonia was told the truth rather than the Government lies I highly doubt the programme would be how it was , but she was told lies I find it very hard to believe she would deliberatley cast Sant Ji in a bad light - in the end it comes down to her not knowing the full story and truth there was no deliberate attempt - this is the story which we are going to have to face our own Sikhs dont know what happened and due to us not actually educating people they believe the anti Sikh lies while we push our own away by going against them when it reality it is not even their fault.

We should take the stand Ravinder Kaur took who also pointed out the BBCs india links and actually educate not just her but others meaning the majority of our Community,the more infighting the more division the more we expose the truth the more of reality we can show to the world.Or it will just be left to the BBC to put up a Sikh face feed them so called facts from so called veteran BBC correspondents and bharti sikhs and make another programme.I don't think Sonia has an agenda like Sunny Hundal or his lobby of anti Sikh people,she tried didn't no nothing like most Sikhs which is our own fault for fighting and promoting Gurdwara elections/Building funds and so on rather than tackling these - the real issues of modern day Sikh history.I highly doubt Sonia a british born girl will go out of her way to present her own in bad light - its plain and simple she is now the scapegoat not 'tommy' nagra not bajwa or the other jokers or even the BBC !

We're all attacking her have any of us including myself ever thought what she must be feeling?After thinking she did a good job and then realisng she was given the wrong facts - which she must of by now although I don't expect her to want to talk about it.She is being attacked left write and centre as if she was the researcher,she was Mark Tully,she was Brar,she was Bajwa!If we want to vent our anger its at these very people and the actual BBC not Sonia.The fact is she did not know anything about 1984 and was fed facts by characters in the background who are now just sitting back after the damage has been done without a worry.While Sonia who never knew anything is being hounded by us Sikhs thinking yeah its all her fault target her,instead of encouraging her we are driving her away.You said she doesnt know about the jeevans of our satgurus ,how many Sikhs in the UK do?How many know the names of the 10 Gurus?At least she has tried - our job is to correct her - not hound her - if we want to vent our anger its at the researchers and anti Sikh forces within the BBC not use Sonia as a scapegoat

In the most part the programme was about her experience, her journey; in fairness I think she was clear about that. People will always be divided in opinions; that’s life. The problem is people aren’t smart enough to understand that and have surmised if what’s being said is not what they believe then naturally it’s false and untrue. This is because people have built their lives around an ideology convinced themselves that what they know is an ultimate truth, when that’s challenged they are challenged, their very way of living is challenged.