British Sikh Regiment.

PearTree

Sikh regiment dumped over 'racism' fears

Defence chiefs have abandoned plans to raise a regiment of British Sikhs amid fears that the move would be branded racist.

The proposal to create the regiment, reminiscent of those that fought for Britain in the two world wars, was dropped by the Ministry of Defence after discussions with the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE).

Sikh leaders had informed Army recruitment officers that they could easily find enough volunteers to form a 700-strong regiment. However, despite the infantry being under strength by 3,000 soldiers, the offer was rejected.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1555507/Sikh-regiment-dumped-over-racism-fears.html

Facebook Group

British Sikh Regiment - Yes or No ?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=675661506#/group.php?v=info&gid=5080269444

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

how we gonna fight for the british when we cant fight for Sikhi??

mite conterversal n some mite not agree with this next statement but ur selling out the panth when u join the army police force etc. if u was to fight in a war thats not just u disaboeying ur Guru

in police force when u have to use brute force not just again

WHY FIGHT FOR BRITIAN OR THE INDIAN WHEN U CAN FIGHT FOR UR PANTH !!!

it not gonna benefit us anyway we faught in ww1 n 2 wat did we get lol???

sorry if i offended any sikh solider or police officer that was not my intention

I think its a fantastic idea. All Sikhs should remember that the only reason we're here in the west is because of our forefathers connections with the British Army.

Yes, the story is 3 years old but one needs to remember what happened. Prince Charles wanted a Sikh regiment......The Army wanted a Sikh regiment.....The Sikhs wanted a Sikh regiment. However, Hindu and Muslim groups in the UK, despite having no tradition or connection with the British Army, complained to the Commission for Racial Equality, stating that it would be giving preferential and unfair advantage to Sikhs. As a result of these protests from Hindu and Muslim groups, the CRE were obliged to tell the Army that it would be unlawfull for them to go ahead with their Sikh regiment plans.

how we gonna fight for the british when we cant fight for Sikhi??

mite conterversal n some mite not agree with this next statement but ur selling out the panth when u join the army police force etc. if u was to fight in a war thats not just u disaboeying ur Guru

in police force when u have to use brute force not just again

WHY FIGHT FOR BRITIAN OR THE INDIAN WHEN U CAN FIGHT FOR UR PANTH !!!

it not gonna benefit us anyway we faught in ww1 n 2 wat did we get lol???

sorry if i offended any sikh solider or police officer that was not my intention

Honour and Pride...and a handful of VCs.