Casteism Eroding Sikhism

singhawk

It feels sad that people from Sikh Community who bow their heads in front of Guru Granth Sahib which has baani of various bhagats such Kabir, Ravidas, and various others, but still carry the light of Manu Chalisa in Heads.

The incident which happened in Sach Ballakhand is bad and it is something you can do nothing about. This action has full support of the corrupt congress since Indira's Maimuna Begum's donkey Shivraj Patil took over as a governor and it is in the dirty blood of the congress to suppress Sikh religion.

We must stop the spread of the caste virus in the Sikh society before it eats our religion.

Posting on matrimonial website

1. Amritdhari - ABC looking for Amritdhari - ABC [caste] match :sad:

2. ABC-Sikh looking "ONLY FOR ABC-SIKH ! No Other". Others need not bother to APPLY. (Pls notice the inverted commas):sad:

3. Sikh meets Sikh.

Question: Tuhadda Pura Naam KI hai ?

Answer: I am Mr.Happy Singh :lol:.

Question: No I mean full name ie including your Caste ?? :6

Answer: I am now Mr.Happy Singh Sad :sad:

4. Yeh Gurudwara jeda hai it belongs to our caste and people from our caste have contructed it.

CASTE-SYSTEM in Sikhs is eroding teaching of Sikhism ! WE MUST STOP AND CONDEMN THOSE WHO PROMOTE THESE POLICIES.

It feels sad that people from Sikh Community who bow their heads in front of Guru Granth Sahib which has baani of various bhagats such Kabir, Ravidas, and various others, but still carry the light of Manu Chalisa in Heads.

The incident which happened in Sach Ballakhand is bad and it is something you can do nothing about. This action has full support of the corrupt congress since Indira's Maimuna Begum's donkey Shivraj Patil took over as a governor and it is in the dirty blood of the congress to suppress Sikh religion.

We must stop the spread of the caste virus in the Sikh society before it eats our religion.

Posting on matrimonial website

1. Amritdhari - ABC looking for Amritdhari - ABC [caste] match :sad:

2. ABC-Sikh looking "ONLY FOR ABC-SIKH ! No Other". Others need not bother to APPLY. (Pls notice the inverted commas):sad:

3. Sikh meets Sikh.

Question: Tuhadda Pura Naam KI hai ?

Answer: I am Mr.Happy Singh :lol:.

Question: No I mean full name ie including your Caste ?? :6

Answer: I am now Mr.Happy Singh Sad :sad:

4. Yeh Gurudwara jeda hai it belongs to our caste and people from our caste have contructed it.

CASTE-SYSTEM in Sikhs is eroding teaching of Sikhism ! WE MUST STOP AND CONDEMN THOSE WHO PROMOTE THESE POLICIES.

The realization is there but are you ready to take action?

Sikhs following the caste system like hindus is one of the saddest things i have seen in my life. i recently went to punjab and all i heard there was chumar this, jatt this and ramgharia that. the media isnt helping either, nearly every songs has a caste reference...jattan de puttar etc. etc.

it kind of reminds me of how when i first went to my high school and i saw a sikh there(which was a big deal considering we were the only 2 sikhs in the whole school) and the first things he said was "you ramgariah?" :sad:

best way to get rid of this is to marry out of your caste because we might be able to get rid of the system now but it will eventually come back if people marry in the same caste.

We can't fix the system if we don't have any program running to teach them. How can we daydream of people following real Gurmat principles when we have no Gurmat School in every neighborhood of Punjab state with responsible gurmat principled non-political teachers. We say girls do not like pugg wala or this or that, BUT do we care to ask whether those girls ever went to some sort of sikhi based camp/school/gurdwara sunday school? It is simply not their faults but OURS. We can ONLY predict big things if we only run things positively by working hard in re-establishing gurmat principles in every pind, colony of Punjab and that will be the only way to see our kaum flourishing with no signs of caste system, female foeticide, patit pana and most importantly no sign of drug use..

Talk, Think, Dream and BRING HOPE by establishing gurmat programs endorsed by akal takht sahib in Punjab (place where majority of Sikhs resides).

The rise in Brahmin rituals within Sikhism in the last 60 years has caused a lot of problems. The Caste based system that Brahmins reinforce has taken a grip over the Sikh masses even amongst the educated. You see university educated students in Punjab who have cut hair and never go to the Gurdwara praying to idols, performing strange rituals outlawed by the Gurus to bring them luck. This trend was beginning to be reveresed in the 80's but is becoming lot worse these days. Sikh organisations set up to promote Sikhism have failed to do this, leading to explosion of suspect Babas, Sants and Deras.

:sad:

best way to get rid of this is to marry out of your caste because we might be able to get rid of the system now but it will eventually come back if people marry in the same caste.

Hindus now say proudly that caste-system is more intact in Sikh religion than in Hindu religion because they are the true believers of Manu-Chalisa.

ABC - Hindu might marry someone DFC-Hindu, but today's SIKH have implemented Sikhism at physical level and never at spiritual level. Once you understand and follow your religion at spiritual level you will understand that all are equal, men or women, rich or poor. :|

We are already in minority worldwide and this is the religion which is moving further towards minority. Sikh Parents tell them how bad are people from Sikh-ABC or Sikh - DEF and you must remain connected with people from your community. Dont mix up with those Sikh- DRFF:sad:

Its the parents and young sikh generation who has to take the initiative.:) Only then we would be converting word of Guru Nanak to Guru Gobind Singh into Action and we will be true sikh.:)

Previously people who represented people from our Kaum were known as Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Maharaja Bhupinder Singh, .

Now in 20th century people from our community are known as

P.S [caste]

P.S [caste]

T.S [caste]

J.S [caste]

Y.S [caste]

E.S [caste]

S.S [caste]

C.S [caste]

G.S [caste]

J.S [caste]

The S is SILENT in the name and brain too. They are only known in their communities as DHIDHSA saab, Cheema Saab, Bedi Saab, Sahni Saab, but never a SINGH SAAB. :sad:

Modern Sikh Girls name start as SHILPA [caste] /Poonam [caste]. It takes you a year to understand that girl is a Sikh and her father wears a turban :umm:

There was a Sikh boy in my office who told me his story, that in his previous office there was a girl named "Monica Multani" who liked him very much but he never took her seriously , since I thought that she would be never interested in marrying him since most of the people prefer "CLEAN-SHAVEN" sikhs :6. When someone was making a fun of Sikhs in front of them, she stood up and said "Dont make fun of Sikhs and I am a Sikh too". He thought that she is only trying to impress him. Most of the people make fun of Sikhs and he thought he might not become a victim too. He thought she is further making fun of him since Monica is not a Sikh name.

He left the office, and after 8 months he came to know that the girl was truly a Sikh and her father wears a turban, but now girl has got engaged with a non-sikh :wacko:

Really Sad, but true stories in Modern Sikh Society. People now feel ashamed of adding [sINGH/KAUR] in their names.

Who is eroding teachings of Sikhism ??? Is it just other others or we are also becoming an active part of this erosion process.

My name is "Bhupinder Singh" and thousands times someone ask him , I will tell him million times that my name is Bhupinder Singh. Does that mean I am less Sikh than others or I need to follow the Manu-Chalisa Trend ???? :|

What happened in Vienna was really really bad and shameful. Nobody has the right to make a religious institution [whether Hindu, Sikh, Muslim] into a battle field.

Although it was wrong to make a live person sit at the same level as Guru Granth Sahib, but these things could have been communicated from Shri Akal Takht. I am sure if someone is claiming himself/herself as a saint then he would listen to the humble requests made which will bring people together and not separate them.

The sad part is that the issue which erupted in Vienna had more to do with caste rather than religion.

I just came to know that Dera Sachkand has now created their own religion. This is really sad :sad:. People being forced to fetch for their own religion when Baani of Bhagat Ravidas is imbibed in the Gurbani.

People from Dera Sachkand did not understand that even if someone puts a picture of Guru Nanak or Guru Gobind Singh above the Guru Granth Sahib and ask people to bow their heads in front of the picture just as the way we do in front of Guru Granth Sahib, Sikhs will revolt since it is against the teachings of Sikhism and preached by Sikh Gurus themselves.

There should be no place for voilence anywhere. Let everyone live in peace. :L: