Singh Killed In Huddersfield

BiggChan

Huddersfield shopkeeper killed by teenage robbers

Page last updated at 11:38 GMT, Sunday, 21 February 2010

A shopkeeper has been killed in a robbery by a gang of teenagers at his store in Huddersfield.

Gurmail Singh, 63, suffered a head injury during the attack at Cowcliffe Convenience Store in Cowcliffe Hill Road, Cowcliffe, on Saturday night.

He died at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary in the early hours of the morning.

Detectives say the robbers, who were aged in their late teens, fled after a struggle with passers-by who had tried to stop them leaving the shop.

"This was a group of six people who heard a commotion at the shop and went to help," a West Yorkshire Police spokesman said.

"None of them was injured during the incident."

Family man

The offenders, who were wearing dark hooded tops and tracksuit bottoms, escaped with a small amount of cash, cigarettes and confectionery, police said.

Det Supt David Pervin, who is leading the investigation, said: "Mr Singh was a well-known and popular local businessman who had been in this area many years.

"I appeal for anyone with information to contact us as a matter of urgency."

Mr Singh was "a family man with two adult sons", police added.

A post-mortem examination is due to take place on Monday to determine the exact cause of death.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8526844.stm

Huddersfield Homicide Appeal

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Police are appealling for witnesses to a convenience store robbery in which a shopkeeper died.

At about 8.30pm last night (Saturday, February 20, 2010) members of the public saw what appeared to be a robbery taking place at Cowcliffe Convenience Store, Cowcliffe Hill Road, Cowcliffe, Huddersfield.

The witnesses tried to block the door to stop the offenders leaving but after a struggle they made their escape. Police attended and inside found the injured shopkeeper, Mr Gurmail Singh, 63.

Mr Singh was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary where he died at 3.30am this morning as a result of a head injury. A small amount of cash, cigarettes and confectionery were stolen.

Police are appealing for any witnesses to ring 0845 6060606 and ask for Huddersfield Police Helpdesk.

The robbers are described as 4 men in their late teens wearing dark hooded tops and tracksuit bottoms.

Senior Investigating Officer Detective Superintendent David Pervin said:

"Mr Singh was a well known and popular local businessman who had been in this area many years. I appeal for anyone with information to contact us as a matter of urgency."

http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/section-item.asp?sid=12&iid=9450

Murder hunt after shopkeeper dies

Feb 21 2010

Recommend (1) Police have launched a murder inquiry after a shopkeeper died following a robbery at a convenience store.

Gurmail Singh, 63, was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary following the raid at Cowcliffe Convenience Store, Cowcliffe, Huddersfield.

West Yorkshire Police said he suffered a head injury during the Saturday raid and died in the early hours of Sunday morning.

A small amount of cash, cigarettes and confectionery were stolen in the robbery which happened at 8.30pm, a police spokesman said.

The robbers are described as four youths aged in their late teens wearing dark hooded tops and tracksuit bottoms.

A police spokesman said witnesses tried to block the door to stop the offenders leaving, but after a struggle they made their escape.

Detective Superintendent David Pervin, senior investigating officer said: "Mr Singh was a well known and popular local businessman who had been in this area many years.

"I appeal for anyone with information to contact us as a matter of urgency."

Police are appealing for any witnesses to ring 0845 6060606 and ask for Huddersfield police helpdesk.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/2010/02/21/murder-hunt-after-shopkeeper-dies-86081-25882032/

admin please excuse my language here as theres a time for it and this is it:

F0k the Police

F0k the law, it's on the side of scum half the time. only law u need to worry about is Gurmat, if you're willing to face DharamRaj for your actions then do what u gotta do.

if anyone comes into your shop or your house and causes trouble (i dont mean auntyaan) but Keley, Suley, Chavs or other Thugs don't sit around crying to the Police or praying - YOU are the prayer and YOU are the answer.

this is just my opinion

admin please excuse my language here as theres a time for it and this is it:

F0k the Police

F0k the law, it's on the side of scum half the time. only law u need to worry about is Gurmat, if you're willing to face DharamRaj for your actions then do what u gotta do.

if anyone comes into your shop or your house and causes trouble (i dont mean auntyaan) but Keley, Suley, Chavs or other Thugs don't sit around crying to the Police or praying - YOU are the prayer and YOU are the answer.

this is just my opinion

Not quite the language I would use but I think 99.9% of law abiding Britain would agree with you - enough is enough!

the 2nd singh to be killed in Uk by robbers in recent months. These yobs that go around robbing will kill anyone in their path. They have no remorse or Honour. These are Truly bad times for Sikhs. Police obviously cannot do enough to stop these Yobs........makes me wonder. Police are never a real detterrent for these Yobs...as we have seen time and time again.

• 2 weeks later...

the 2nd singh to be killed in Uk by robbers in recent months. These yobs that go around robbing will kill anyone in their path. They have no remorse or Honour. These are Truly bad times for Sikhs. Police obviously cannot do enough to stop these Yobs........makes me wonder. Police are never a real detterrent for these Yobs...as we have seen time and time again.

who was the first Singh