New Sikh Video Site

smiles123

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is the site Sikh2ube.com Gurbani Videos compilation useful

• Yes it is useful
    • Yes it is useful but needs improvements
    • No it is not useful

I started a site which allows uploading of keertan, kathaa and gurduwara programs. Feel free to upload young sikhs Gatkaa and other events. Give me feedback for ideas and new categories that would be useful. I will be uploading regularly the keertan from my local gurduwara. This site will allow sorting out keertan or kathaa or other events and thus preventing searching thru a huge pile of database.

I remember Sikhitube which i personally thought was brilliant. Did you also run that site?

I think the problem is too many people have started such projects, then found that their costs sky rocket when people begin to use them, and they cant afford it so the site shuts down and the sangat and people using it, lose faith in commiting to new sites.

I think that you should try and find something different, totally different, that the panth could benefit from, find that niche, and build a website on it. A Sikh mobile site would be brilliant, dedicated to iphone, blackberry, android and windows apps? Or even create new videos relating to the latest thats happening. A touching video from the Sikh perspective in memory of those that died in recent earthquakes would have been nice.

Just some ideas for you though to think about...

I remember Sikhitube which i personally thought was brilliant. Did you also run that site?

I think the problem is too many people have started such projects, then found that their costs sky rocket when people begin to use them, and they cant afford it so the site shuts down and the sangat and people using it, lose faith in commiting to new sites.

I think that you should try and find something different, totally different, that the panth could benefit from, find that niche, and build a website on it. A Sikh mobile site would be brilliant, dedicated to iphone, blackberry, android and windows apps? Or even create new videos relating to the latest thats happening. A touching video from the Sikh perspective in memory of those that died in recent earthquakes would have been nice.

Just some ideas for you though to think about...

I have to agree with SikhRoots here..

GoodLuck with your website smiles123 :)

Satnam. Smashing!!! keep it up. If i was in my early 20s and had a diploma/degree in media/computers, this is exactly what i would be doing! Stay in chardikela and get better at it everyday, and do it better than those before you, thats my advice. Break new barriers and incorporate new technologies and make this a pukka site. Guru ang sang.