Your Opinion On Bollywood

and the way they portray sikhs

in most the movies when they show sikhs they show them as drunks and clowns

recently bollywood has made movies that make the sikhs heros

some believe bollywood is a hindu driven industry out to destroy sikhi, i really don't believe this cause the top actors our muslims

and then their guy's like sunjay dutt were he is in a movie were he is killing khalistanis in the begining of the movie and who is planning on making a movie about the battle 21 sikhs took on 10 000 afghan pathans

but yea whats your opinion on bollywood

I don't know their motives but generally i don't like hindi movies at all.. They are huge waste of time and same stupid storyline but on the other hand there are some interesting movies such as "Macchis".. yeh, I just watched "Rocket Singh" two weeks ago.. I love that movie and i would recommend that to everyone.. So it depends on probably the mindset of director/producer.

Guest mehtab1singh

It is the media today that shapes the mindset of the common population as people are either not well educated, or choose to remain uneducated in the world's largest demon-crazy. Bollywood is not an entertainment industry anymore, its a media. Terrorists having beards who pray 5 times a day are dangerous traitors and stupid fools who love to drink alcohol and still wear turbans are our buddies...this is the message Bollywood is projecting. Not just Bollywood, but cell phone text messages, internet websites, email forwards, TV commercials, and also some brain torturing Indian soap operas (saas bahu and their siyappey) and/or ultimately pathetic comedy shows have joined the brigade that is out to defame Sikhs. The response to all this is an immediate and upfront slapping response. Just yesterday a co-worker (Hindu) forwarded me a cartoon of a Sikh family trapped in an elevator, and the heading stated it was my family. I responded and said "Nice one, but my family is Hindu. Now make another picture", followed by an instant message to him "your time will come". Thats all it took to shut him up.

You guys have to give up the "its only a joke yaar" attitude. Trust me, unless you don't, you will continue to be ridiculed. There are enough stupid fools out there who are a disgrace and accept Sardar jokes with an ugly grin on their shameless faces. Yes, people will use it against you, because they will see this as your weakness. What do you do then? Give them a 5 minute lesson on how a Sardar joke is the outcome of an Indian reaction to centuries of thrashing which they got from invaders and depended on Sardars to save them and their women. End your 5 minute "tutorial" with the concluding statement "Next time you crack a Sardar joke, remember you are mocking your own mother's honor". This much slap should be enough to server as a reminder for future.

Do NOT be fooled by Bollywood. This industry is funded by the Mumbai underworld which has links to "Islamic" terror groups. There are enough proofs of their nexus, some are highlighted in the media, some are hushed up. The present day song lyrics are filthy and the dance sequences put even westerners to shame. I have had American ladies at work tell me "oh that Singh is King seems like a naughty movie". See what they have made out of us!

If only we were united! If only we could launch a massive boycott against Bollywood and pinch them where it hurts! But alas! Let me add that once in a while they do have movies that have clean family entertainment, and also some that have a well-needed message for society. No doubt those classic movies do exist, even today they do, but in fractional percentages. Overall Bollywood is a cancerous tumor for Indian society and is ruining the culture of not just Sikhs, but Indians in general.

Don't buy into all this new sikh leader film stuff man, not at the moment anyway.

So many sikhs look at films like singh is king and rocket singh and they hey, bollywood like us afterall, they're making us the leaders in these films, but i dont buy into it man. Even if they are not directly taking the micky out singhs (some would argue they are in circumstances), they are using the image of a singh to cash in on some money.

Basically, they are turning the singh image into a NOVELTY, just to make money. They are not bigging us up in these films.

BOLLYWOOD IS USING THE SARDAR IMAGE TO MAKE MONEY, THAT IS ALL, IT IS A NOVELTY, REALISE THIS NOW.

I've told people this and even they now agree, before they didn't and they even say looking at it from this angle, even the titles of these films are offensive. Throwing the word singh around like its a joke.

I'll be skeptical of such films until they make one where the sardar is 'real', and the title has not got 'singh' in it.

i'd rather watch a chinese movie without subtitles than a bollywood movie. at least they'll have element of surprise in them instead of the same old bull crap that we see in bollywood movies.

and about sikhs being portrayed in good light, they are making a movie on kps gill. expecting them to portray the sikh struggle without bias would be like the expecting the german film making industry to make a non propaganda movie on jews in the nazi days.

Guest mehtab1singh
i'd rather watch a chinese movie without subtitles than a bollywood movie. at least they'll have element of surprise in them instead of the same old bull crap that we see in bollywood movies.
How about dubbing a Bollywood movie in Chinese and then watching it in Punjabi subtitles! :D
and about sikhs being portrayed in good light, they are making a movie on kps gill. expecting them to portray the sikh struggle without bias would be like the expecting the german film making industry to make a non propaganda movie on jews in the nazi days.
Lets have Pakistan make a movie on Mahmud Ghazni, entitled "Ghazab Ka Ghazni".