Guru Hargobind Sahib's, Gurugadhi divas

Sat Sri Akal:

By the way, the sword that Guru Hargobind Ji used it still preserved in Damdama Sahib (according to the Katha of Baba Maan Singh). It weighs 50 kg (110 lbs.). I cannot pick up and swing one tenth of that (yes, I am a weak little person). Definitely a big human frame.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my mum., a munh is 40 kg

which means 8*40

= 320 kg - which is MASSIVE - but not 2/3 of a ton :wub:

320 seems UnBELIEVABLE

7.5 =2.2 m

thats MASSIVE - but might be the case.

320 seema bit unrealistic

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

haha, you're thinking of a metric tonne (1000 kg)... I was thinking of an imperial tonne (1000 lbs)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

According to my mum., a munh is 40 kg

which means 8*40

= 320 kg - which is MASSIVE - but not 2/3 of a ton  :wub:

320 seems UnBELIEVABLE

7.5 =2.2 m

thats MASSIVE - but might be the case.

320 seema bit unrealistic

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

haha, you're thinking of a metric tonne (1000 kg)... I was thinking of an imperial tonne (1000 lbs)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

You Americans always have to make everything confusing tongue.gif

But yeha, it seems very unlikely, but then when we compare with the Sword of Guru HArgobind Sahib ji 50 KG ohmy.gif - it seems quite likely.

Even if you could pick it up (a normal person) you wouldn't be able to swing around with it) :)

I wonder the body structure of Baba Deeep Singh ji then - Swinging araound with a 20 kg Khanda ohmy.gif

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest noonespecial

I can actually believe the stories about the Guru Sahib's shasters.

Gatka is an art where the movements are quite fluid. There is usually no herky jerky movements, so moving around a weapon that heavy is probably not that hard. Plus, we have to understand that getting hit with a 50 kg weapon pretty much means your dead, and that's what you want for your enemies when the odds are 10 000 to 1!

But what no one is realizing is that Guru Sahib made only us moorakhs into SINGHS! If Guru Sahib made US into Saint Soldiers capable of fighting like lions against thousands of enemies, then who are WE to put limitations on Guru Sahib??? Did He ever put limitations on us?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

With all due respect sangat ji the purpose of this topic was to think of the gurupurab. No offence but I think we have gone off on a tangent blush.gif

And I do not think it is entirely right to be questioning guru sahibs roop. As noonespecial says who are we to put limitations on guru sahib. Today we are questioning the size of guru Hargobind sahib ji...only guru sahib knows what we may end up questioning tomorrow...just because something may seem to far fetched at first glance does not mean that its not true, after all, Dhan DHan Baba Deep Singh Ji fought with his head in his hand. Should we question that because it seems scientifically impossible?

Sangat Ji, I think we should just have faith and know each and every one of our Gurus and great historical gursikh warriors/leaders were beyond the realms of normality. We gain nothing from questioning the size of Guru Sahib...we are only allowing doubt to enter our minds about the greatness of Sikhi! And like I said, that will get us no where...

Bhul Chul Maaf!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Jee, please forgive me for making you think that I am questioning our Guru Sahib.

I am not placing limitations on him, but we are trying to reason it ourselves by saying that the only way he could swing a sword so big was for him to be unnaturally huge. That's what makes him so amazing. A guru in a human form -- the size of a human, the temperment of a human, with all the flaws that humans have built into our very structure, that he was still so amazing to be able to be one with Waheguroo and do things that no normal human could do. By saying that his size explains everything deminishes the true power that he had because he was a Guru.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!