Who Were The Top Ten Greatest Sikh Leaders In 19Th Century And 20Th

and post reasons as to why

i can think of the top 4 but can't think of top ten

1. maharaja ranjit singh for his ability to bring all the sikhs together, cause till this day we havn't had a leader since him who brought the sikhs together and led the sikhs into building a strong empire and his ability to conquere the pathans

2. hari singh nalwa the top general cause once again everyone has failed against the pathans but it was hari singh nalwa who helped conquere the nwfp

3. kartar singh grewal cause at the age of 19 he was creating a revolution to bring india freedom till he was rated out and hung by the brith

4. udham singh another revolutionist who was able to inspire many to pursue justice and freedom against the british

bhagat singh i would put at number 3. but he had left religion and chose to be athiest but great leader and greatest leader in indian freedom

movement

Veer khalsitan ji, any documentation relating to that declaration ?? just wondering as have heard other's mention it but never seen any letter etc, I'm not starting a debate on whether or not you are correct by the way... also there are many sants who would easily fall into the list, sant attar singh ji, baba nand singh ji, the list could on and on but the question of a leader is something which I think the panth has lacked, someone who could have set things in the foundation of sikhi, so today we wouldn't be run by badal and his puppets, someone who would have given the khalsa back their rightful place in running of the gurudwara, Yes sant ji did various stuff but sadly for the panth he wasn't around long enough to change it all, and the politicians took over... nothing new there hey !!!

Guest mehtab1singh

What is the point of this thread? Can a single person on this forum even dream about becoming like a single one of the Gurmukhs he/she would want to list? I sure hope they do! In either case, its a sin to compare Gurmukhs and claim one as "better" or "superior" to another. All of us have our own role models and obviously wouldn't agree with one another. Lets just stick to that and try to install their Gursikh virtues in our own lives. Why argue who was "the best" ? Why not TRY yourself to be THE BEST? Those Gurmukhs set the standards for us, now its upto us to work hard up the ladder and trust me we'd be blessed if we could be 1% of them.

Adding on to mehtab veerjee's point, every sikh has the potential of being a leader in his/her own right without needing a mandate or recognition from someone. Every time a person gets baptised, the power of Amrit is the same for that person compared to another baptised Sikh. Gurujee does not play favourites amongst those that receive Amrit. Its us not living up to what has been entrusted to us and required of us. Whether its yogi bajan, bhai sahib Randhir Singh, Sant Bindrawale, Sant Baba Nand Singh etc all their lifes showed that they just woke up and did sensibly the maximum they could for khalsa panth on a day to day basis out of sincerity, a sense of responsibility and humbleness without too much thinking and 'chatrai', casting their net as far out as they could to do maximum amount of parchar to the maximum number of people without fear and favour.

What is the point of this thread? Can a single person on this forum even dream about becoming like a single one of the Gurmukhs he/she would want to list? I sure hope they do! In either case, its a sin to compare Gurmukhs and claim one as "better" or "superior" to another. All of us have our own role models and obviously wouldn't agree with one another. Lets just stick to that and try to install their Gursikh virtues in our own lives. Why argue who was "the best" ? Why not TRY yourself to be THE BEST? Those Gurmukhs set the standards for us, now its upto us to work hard up the ladder and trust me we'd be blessed if we could be 1% of them.

this isn't a debate to see whose a greater sikh or better, i just asked who ppl find as the greatest sikh leaders that they see as role models in their life from 18th century and 19th century, and everyone going to have different role models and leaders they look up to, everyone going to have a prejidice as to who they see as the greatest leader in their eyes, but i dont' want ppl to compare anyone i just want to know who they think is the greatest leader and why

and i define leaders as ppl who inspire others to go over and beyond and bring ppl together

what do we need to do to inspire our generation of sikh youth born between 1978 to 2000 hwo do we inspire them to become great sikh leaders like the once we had in the 18th 19th 20th century who against all odds had accomplished and inspired sikhs to accomplish

so much

and seeing how the world struggles to control nwfp and the amount of terrorists comming out of nwfp and how the taliban from nwfp our making the americans lives hell in afghanistan it makes me proud knowing that sikhs once ruled this land