Stay In Hamandar Sahib For A Week

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

has anyone stayed in Hamander Sahib i no Guru Ram Daass Sarna but i heard the security there is not that good peoples stuff from there rooms goes missing. As i will have laptop passport money and stuff is this the case or was wat the person a one off.?

also the hotels there do they serve alchol and meat ??? or is there a Gursikh hotel where no meat is served or booze?

anyone else who has stay please share you experience of where u stayed and what you part tuk in e.g amrit vela and seva u do of the Darabar Sahib ?

Thanks

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

Fateh, Singh.

Stay in the Dasmesh NRI saran, its overlooking status gives you a view from your hotel of Sri Harmandir Sahib. And its got all the facilities ie air con, hot water two double beds wardrobe etc. Its made and paid for by mainlu UK residents for UK residents. It costs 300 hundred rupees a night which aint cheap but if you wanna have a good sleep after a long day of seva simran its ideal.

Regarding the issues of security theft does occur but not on a massive scale, do what we do and take your own padlock for the room doors so that way you have no concern of the hotel having a second key.

meat and alchol cant be served in a 3 km radius around Harmandir sahib.

And regarding the seva if your there for a week do one thing at a time and enjoy it. The time (not accurate) for seva start normally around 1 oclock. Make sure you do top to toe ishnaan after 12 and before 1. I think quarter to 4 comes Mahraaj. inbetween this the seva for parkarma and Darbar sahib will take place.

Best thing to do is to make contact with a sevadaar of the Darbar sahib and talk to him about what happens and when, their usually well mannered and favour assisting NRI's.

hope this helps FATEH

Fateh, Singh.

Stay in the Dasmesh NRI saran, its overlooking status gives you a view from your hotel of Sri Harmandir Sahib. And its got all the facilities ie air con, hot water two double beds wardrobe etc. Its made and paid for by mainlu UK residents for UK residents. It costs 300 hundred rupees a night which aint cheap but if you wanna have a good sleep after a long day of seva simran its ideal.

Regarding the issues of security theft does occur but not on a massive scale, do what we do and take your own padlock for the room doors so that way you have no concern of the hotel having a second key.

And regarding the seva if your there for a week do one thing at a time and enjoy it. The time (not accurate) for seva start normally around 1 oclock. Make sure you do top to toe ishnaan after 12 and before 1. I think quarter to 4 comes Mahraaj. inbetween this the seva for parkarma and Darbar sahib will take place.

Best thing to do is to make contact with a sevadaar of the Darbar sahib and talk to him about what happens and when, their usually well mannered and favour assisting NRI's.

hope this helps FATEH

SO Dasmesh NRI sara this place doesnt serve alchol n meat i assume also is this the same place as Guru Ram Dass Saran ?

i dont have any contact details try searching the web, its not in the same area as Guru Ram das saran its the opposite side its behind the Akal takht. if i get any details ill post on here for you

Thanks been a great help ye ive been searching online but nothing man u got a link to there website or anything

veerji, 7 months ago, i stayed at the rs residency hotel (http://www.rsresidency.com/) - this place is within a 5-10min walk from sri harimandir sahib. This place served meat. Also a few of the local food shops (between Sri Harmandir Sahib and the r s residency) also served meat :(

yep their is nri niwas just behind sri akal takht sahib

guru gobind singh ji nri niwas

it was good i visited one year ago i think it had good facilities

btw how can they server meat or alchohal in gurughar sarai

or their is sarai 'guru arjan dev niwas'

gone to harimandir sahib a week ago and stayed their it was pretty decent !

all rooms are their worth sleeping and we ai'nt go their to have a/c rooms and all that

first of all i awake at 2:30 am done did ishnaan put of my clothes weard my turban it was 3 then done nitnem at top of harimandir sahib

then listened asa di vaar hukam of guru sahib [omg it was a great experiance]

then langar

you can do langar vartaun di sewa,joothe bartana di sewa

at 3 am all parikarma is washed you can do that sewa

or above all do simran

i enjoyed my trip last week :) hope you too enjoy