Whom To Marry ?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Can the Sikh Sangat give their HONEST opinion.

Should an Amritdhari guy marry a (Patit or Kurehatia) Amritdhari girl (with or without dastaar)

OR

Non-Amritdhari girl.

Reason being what's the point in marrying a FAKE, who has taken Amrit but still removes hair from her body.

Isn't it better to marry a Non-Amritdhari girl who is atleast honest and doesnot pretend.

Hope your replies provide solution to this Fundamental problem.

Guest Guest

Can the Sikh Sangat give their HONEST opinion.

Should an Amritdhari guy marry a (Patit or Kurehatia) Amritdhari girl (with or without dastaar)

OR

----

An Amritdhari isn't allowed to marry either because an Amritdhari is not allowed to marry a non-Amritdhari, or a Patit. So it is a bit of a silly question. With regards to the specifics as to who are "better", we are not in a position to judge but your question is the equivalent of "surely it is better to drink alcohol than it is to smoke cigarettes?"

• 2 weeks later...

Is it true that if you are amritdhari then you are not allowed to marry a non amritdhari? Sorry for my ignorance as I really did not know that this was the case.

So then what are the views of only one person of a married couple taking amrit? Surely you can take amrit after being already married, even though your spouse may not want to? I know of many married couples of whom only one is Amritdhari.

Is it true that if you are amritdhari then you are not allowed to marry a non amritdhari? Sorry for my ignorance as I really did not know that this was the case.

So then what are the views of only one person of a married couple taking amrit? Surely you can take amrit after being already married, even though your spouse may not want to? I know of many married couples of whom only one is Amritdhari.

Same question. Our Granthi here is an Amritdhari Sikh but his wife always has her eyebrows plucked and makeup on so she's not an Amritdhari Sikh.

Sorry if this does not answer the question but if the Amritdhari veerjee knows both the girls i.e the Amritdhari girl who is backsliding and the Non Amritdhari girl, his focus should be about helping to inspire the Amritdhari girl to get back on her feet and overcome her patit-puna, and helping the non amritdhari to become an Amritdhari. That is more important than worrying about getting married.

And as for getting married, you want to get married to that person who is on the same wavelength as you, so the new marital home is one where both inspire each other. That is the ideal, if not the post-marriage scenario can turn out to be a tug of war situation.

Guest --gupt--

Can the Sikh Sangat give their HONEST opinion.......

.......Hope your replies provide solution to this Fundamental problem.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa!Waheguru ji ki fateh!

PlZ NEVER THINK OF MARRYING A NON-AMRITDHARI GIRL.

A people after taking amrit becomes a part of GURU JI's khalsa panth.So a khalsa should never think of making close relationship with a non-amritdhari.

A amritdhari people should always try to do good karam and encourage others to do the same.

Guest --gupt--

Reason being what's the point in marrying a FAKE, who has taken Amrit but still removes hair from her body.

Isn't it better to marry a Non-Amritdhari girl who is atleast honest and doesnot pretend.

Hope your replies provide solution to this Fundamental problem.

But also if u like the non-amritdhari girl,she is good and she also likes you.Then first encourage that girl to become amritdhari then only marry her.

Plz its a request if that girl is good then she will definately become ready to take amrit.

Becoming amritdhari is not pretending u'r self to the world that u'r close to god. A person takes amrit to make GURU ji's happy and not the world.

But who take amrit to showcase the world then the person is totally in the wrong path.

Also try to encourage the amritdhari girl to stop doings wrong things.

Bul chuk mafa!