Is Sikh Channel Uniting Or Dividing The Panth?

H Bhan

Guest Bloom

In My Opinion,

Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindranwala Preached Sikhi. Countless People Left Alcohol, Left Drugs, Became Practicing Sikhs, Etc. Your Mother Indira Couldn't Handle The Fact. It Is The Same CongRSS Today That Is Attacking Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee and Sri Amrit Sanchaar.

A 'Sikh Story' By BBC?!? LOL! More Like A Propaganda Story By BBC (Biased By CongRSS).

H Bhangal Writes At The End, Please No Fanatical Or Hate Posts, After He Spews Venom Against Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindranwala!

I am Personally For More Sikh Channels That Support Authentic NishKhaam Khalsa Dharma Prem. If They Preach Love Of Sri GuruGranth Sahib Jee AND Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee AND Sri Amrit Sanchaar (Which Of Course Includes Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee), Preach Love For AmritDhaaree Jeevan (Of Jeevanee RehitVaan Panj Pyareh) And Preach Love Of Saving From Bajjar Paaps And Keeping Sri Kakaars Ang Sang, Love For Amrit Vela, Etc., That Could Be Good.

A Lot Of People In Punjab Hold Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindranwala In High Esteem. Having Said That, The Way Forward Is To Do Authentic Khalsa Dharma Parchaar Throughout The World. Making The World Fall In Love With True Khalsa Dharma Is The Best Thing That Can Be Done. Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan. May True Khalsa Dharma Aashikhs Spread The Love Of True Khalsa Dharma Throughout The World, Including Punjab and India As Well.

And By The Way, Panth In The Real Sense Of Gurmat, Forget What 'Sounds Right' Etc., In Reality Panth Only Includes Practicing Amrithdhaaree Gursikhs. That Is What Is Really Meant By Gurmat Panth, Or Khalsa Panth Etc. In Dargah, That Is What Is Accepted; On Earth People Can Call Themselves Anything, But In Reality, Panth Only Includes Practicing Amritdhaaree Gursikhs. Everybody Else Should Be Inspired To Join The Panth and Authentic Khalsa Dharma Parchaar (Which Includes Dhan Dhan Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee and Dhan Dhan Sri Amrit Sanchaar Of Jeevaanee RehitVaan Panj Pyareh) Will Certainly Help Spread The Love Of Gurmat And Authentic Panth. Are The Organizers Of The New Channels Against Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee? Are They Against Taksaal In General? If They Are, 100% Know That They Are CongRSS Agendas.

Mod Note: Personal attacks are not allowed.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Khalistan was accepted by the Sarbat Khalsa in the 1980s (1986 if I recall).

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji was elected as the Sikh of the 20th century.

Criticism of Panthic decisions are probably not going to be met with flowers and ladoos.

Let me know who these important indivduals were who made these important decisions!

Which rat hole did you crawl out of now. Was it Darshan Laal or Kamal Nath?

Just go back into your rat hole. No one buys your propaganda and your buddy h bhangal needs to to keep his lies to himself.

Credit where its due to Sikh Channel as it wasnt easy for them to take the step to even mention Sant Jarnail Singh Ji on air.

1984 is a part of Sikh history, and still part of our present because we still havent got justice for what happened 26 years ago. Sant Jarnail Singh Ji will always remain a true Saint-Soldier of the Sikh nation and anyone who criticises Sant Ji are not Sikh.. but Sick.

Guest Bloom

Also In My Opinion,

I Also Just Want To Confirm, That If The Channels Are AUTHENTIC NishKhaam Khalsa Dharma Parchaar Channels (Which Also Includes Love For Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee, Love For Sri Amrit Sanchaar Of Jeevaanee RehitVaan Panj Pyareh (Of Course Including Dhan Dhan Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee), Love For Sri Kakaar Sahibs, Gurmukh Rehat, Etc.) I Say, The More The Better!

But NO Channels That Are Against Authentic Khalsa Dharma. Now Is The Time To Spread The Love Of True Khalsa Dharma Throughout The World. If They Agree With At Least Most Of Taksaal Maryaadaa (Which Includes Love For Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee), Then That Is Good.

Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan.

(If They Are Enemies of Panth, It Will Become Known. If They Are Aashikhs Of True Khalsa Dharma, That Will Also Become Known. Guru Sahib Kirpa Karna, That May Aashikhs Of True Khalsa Dharma (Which Includes Love of Sri Dasam Patshah Baanee Of Course and More) Be Blessed Everywhere). I Say The More Authentic NishKhaam Khalsa Dharma Parchaar Channels, The Better (Question Is: Are They Authentic Khalsa Dharma Parchaar Channels? The More In Line With Taksaal, The Better).

After reading some of the responses hear, it appears you khalistanis/bhindrawala supporters have started to tread the same path muslim fundamentalists are walking. youre views and speech are increasingly becoming like them, i.e. intolerant, aggressive and fanatical

good luck to you!

By the way khalistan supporters check this link out !!!:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/748866.stm

Maybe you can help in getting some justice here!!!!

Call for end to Sikh murder mystery

_748866_sikh300.gif<BR clear=all><DIV class=bodytext>by BBC News Online's Chris Summers

An MP, Piara Khabra, has urged the police to redouble their efforts to find the killer of a Sikh newspaper editor assassinated in London five years ago, a crime which could be linked to the Air India bombing in 1985.

The murder of Tarsem Singh Purewal, editor of Britain's biggest-selling Punjabi weekly Des Pardes, in Southall, west London may also be linked to the assassination of another Punjabi-language newspaper in Canada in 1998.

Tara Singh Hayer, editor of the Indo-Canadian Times, was gunned down at his home in Surrey, British Columbia 10 years after being paralysed by another gunman.

<BR clear=all>_748866_hayer150.jpg<BR clear=all>Tarsem Singh Purewal (left) pictured with Tara Singh Hayer in 1983 © Vancouver Sun

Mr Hayer's son, Dave, told BBC News Online: "I'm sure the same organisation was behind both deaths, if not the same individual.

"My father and Mr Purewal were good friends and both were investigating the same elements in the Sikh community.

He said: "They are small in number but they are involved in criminal activities, terrorism. They were trying to expose them."

Mr Hayer, whose father was installed in the Canadian Press Hall of Fame last month, said: "Despite being shot in 1988, he decided to stand up for his community and said 'If they are going to kill me, so be it'."

He said he believed the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) might be close to cracking the case and said: "Hopefully when it is solved, the Purewal case will be looked at again.

"There are so many good, honest British Sikhs who will bring this information to the police. They will be helping the Sikh cause, as well as bringing the criminals to justice."

<BR clear=all>_748866_temple150.jpg<BR clear=all>The Golden Temple in Amritsar is the Sikh 'holy of holies'

Gurbux Singh Virk, editor of Des Pardes, told BBC News Online it appeared the police had closed the file on his predecessor's murder and he said he was "disappointed" with their attitude.

The roots to both killings seem to lie in Punjabi politics.

Landlocked

In 1984, then Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi sent the army in to crush pro-independence Sikhs in the Punjab.

But she signed her own death warrant by ordering troops to flush militants out of the sacred Golden Temple in Amritsar.

Her assassination, by her Sikh bodyguards, sparked a wave of attacks on Sikhs all over India.

In the Punjab supporters of an independent Sikh state - known as Khalistan - massacred many political opponents and non-Sikhs.

<BR clear=all>The SikhsThe Sikh religion was founded by a Hindu, Guru Nanak, in the 16th century but retains close cultural links with Hinduism.There are 20 million Sikhs worldwide, of whom 9.5 million live in the Punjab, a fertile area of northern India which provides 60% of India's grain.Orthodox adherents are distinguished by long, flowing hair known as kesh - worn in a turban by men; a metal bangle or kkara which they wear; a ceremonial dagger or kirpan carried on the waist; a kangha or comb which they also use; and an under-garment called a kaccha.When Britain quit the sub-continent in 1947 the Punjab was split in half and most Sikhs fled Pakistan to live on the Indian side of the border.But by 1990 India had regained the upper hand in the Punjab and violence fell markedly.

Stability was achieved at a price - there were accusations of widespread police brutality and many supporters of Khalistan have only recently been released from detention.

Sikhs all over the world have been affected by the trouble back home.

There are pro- and anti-Khalistan cliques wherever the Sikh diaspora has taken roots.

Britain's most sizeable Sikh community is in the west London suburb of Southall.

There are also significant Sikh communities in the United States, South Africa, Malaysia and Canada - 250,000 Sikhs live in British Columbia alone.

Pro-Khalistan

Mr Purewal, 60, founded Des Pardes (Home and Abroad) in 1965 and the paper tended to take a pro-Khalistan viewpoint during the 1980s and early 1990s but shortly before his death he appeared to have fallen out with certain radical Sikh groups.

Kim Bolan, a reporter on the Vancouver Sun newspaper who has covered Sikh politics since 1984, told BBC News Online Mr Purewal had been preparing a series of articles uncovering fraud and other shady practices within the separatist movement.

She said Mr Purewal, who had been to several Sikh terror training camps in Pakistan, also knew details of the Air India bombing in 1985, which killed 329 people.

Around 8.15pm on Tuesday, 24 January 1995, Mr Purewal was pulling down the shutters outside his office in Southall.

<BR clear=all>_748866_temple150.jpg<BR clear=all>The Golden Temple in Amritsar is the Sikh 'holy of holies'

A gunman appeared from nowhere and killed him with a single shot through the chest.

Although it took place in a busy street in the middle of the evening, no witnesses came forward and the killer left few clues.

Police arrested several people in Birmingham, including Ragbir Singh, editor of another Sikh newspaper, Awaze Quam.

He was eliminated from their inquiries, as were the other suspects.

The incident room closed down and the killing appeared forgotten.

Piara Khabra, Labour MP for Ealing Southall and himself a Sikh, told BBC News Online: "The police have not been able to get any new information or any evidence whatsoever."

He said he intended to write to the Metropolitan Police to discover the reasons for the failure.

<BR clear=all>_748866_khabra150.jpg<BR clear=all>Piara Khabra: "There is no reason to give up"

Mr Khabra said: "I read about cases from 40 years ago being detected, and yet this case seems to be beyond them. I sometimes feel that not much attention is given to these cases if they are members of the ethnic minority community, certainly not as much as for white murders."

'No reason to give up'

Mr Khabra said: "It does not matter what the motive is, the police should be investigating properly and should find the murderer.

"With Mr Purewal's case, I don't know whether they have given up. There should be no reason to give up."

Jump forward to Wednesday 18 November 1998. Mr Hayer was manouvering himself from his car into his wheelchair when the killer struck.

No-one saw the gunman, who chose to strike in the garage, knowing he would be shielded from the close circuit television cameras which police had installed around the house after the 1988 shooting.

Corporal Dan Russell, of the RCMP, told BBC News Online: "It is still an active investigation. We have not charged anybody but we still have leads to follow."

He said Mr Hayer had received several death threats, some of which emanated from political opponents, shortly before his death but it was not clear if they were from his eventual killers.

Air India link

Fingers have been pointed in the direction of two radical Sikh groups.

Ms Bolan, who has received death threats herself and had to move out of her Vancouver home after shots were fired at it, said pro-Khalistan groups had been on the retreat on both sides of the Atlantic since the early 1990s.

Moderate groups have wrested back control of key gurdwaras (temples).

She said Mr Hayer had agreed to be a witness against suspects in the Air India case and much of his evidence was based on information he had received from Mr Purewal.

Ms Bolan said: "Mr Purewal was on the verge of doing a series of articles which were going to embarrass the ISYF and Babbar Khalsa."

<BR clear=all>_748866_sikhs150.jpg<BR clear=all>Britain's Sikh community is very close knit

<FONT size=2 face=sans-serif>A few days after Mr Purewal was killed a caller claiming to represent a group implicated in the assassination of Mrs Gandhi claimed responsibility for the killing. But there was no way to corroborate the claim.

After all, Mr Purewal's death could have had a more banal explanation.

Detectives investigating his death unearthed evidence he had been routinely breaking UK law by publishing the name of rape victims in court reports.

Court officials were unaware, because they could not read Punjabi. But one theory circulating in Southall was that Mr Purewal was murdered by a hitman hired by a family whose name had been disgraced by the naming of their daughter as a rape victim.

Mr Khabra said: "I'm not concerned about what was the motive, murder is murder and it's the police's duty to find the culprit and the police have to explain why they appear to have given up."

A Scotland Yadrd spokeswoman said: "The case was reviewed last year as a result of new information.

"All lines of inquiry were pursued and exhausted. However if any new information comes to light this will be fully and thoroughly investigated."

<B>Anyone with information about the murder of Mr Purewal should contact the incident room on

Guest shastr

its really sad. how come our own punjabi people, who call themselves "sikhs", how come they question sant ji? and yet, i have never heard any of these so called sikhs to ever question indian gorment for what they did? people blame sant ji, and yet nobody is willing to ask the gorment any questions as to wat right they had to go into darbar sahib like that.

if anyone even cares about finding the truth about sant ji, just listen to their speeches. and you will see wat kind of person sant ji really was.

not too sure about sikh channel, but its pretty clear that this top will divide people on sikhsangat, and only cause friction.

somebody close this thread!!

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Soo...rather than having any real counterpoint, you provide an article of journalists being murdered and this is supposed to counter the tens of thousands of Sikhs who were innocently murdered by the Indian government and validate that Punjab wants peace? What praytell would you like the Sikhs to do about the murder - the police are PAID to figure it out and I highly doubt any common Sikh has the police training or authority to pursue a criminal investigation...shall we all go out and starting hunting down the person who is guilty? How do you propose we do that? If the police has yet to find the guilty party, shall the Sikh community immediately begin to blame their own? Your assertion that this action is representative of every Sikh who wants a separate homeland is about as silly as claiming that the Sikh Panth does not care for Sant Jarnail Singh Ji at all. How about I post this website up:

http://carnage84.com/homepage/front.htm

Tell me, what have you done for them? Why don't you get them justice?

Or perhaps for attacking Harimandir Sahib and killing thousands of innocent worshippers?

Or for perhaps the multitude of Guru Granth Sahib Ji's saroops that were/are desecrated?

Or about the pinds upon pinds who lost their youth to police murder/genocide?

Go read up on some history from 1947 onwards, from the time that Nehru told the Sikhs that the time has changed (now that the Brahmins were in power) to present and you see a trail of blood leading our from Delhi straight to the Punjab.

How much justice has your precious India meted out? India is an embarassment to the world - that Kamal Nath had to go to U.S. to finally face a court summons is a slap in the face to everyone - where was the Indian justice system all this time in at least throwing his sorry behind in front of a judge?

Get over it.

Also, Kim Bolan is not very credible in the Sikh community, FYI. Anything which has her name mentioned will be scrutinized repeatedly by any Sikh.

Awaiting your critique of any of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji's speeches...but not expecting much.

End of the day, no one in the past 26 years has stepped up and challenged Sant Jee the PROPER way - which is to recite as much bani, do as much seva and dare to lead such a difficult path as Sant Jee done in his lifetime. So until that time, I would say one thing...

PUT UP... OR SHUT UP.

Simplez.

Pyare Khalsa Ji - I can't believe the way in which complete contempt and venom is being spat by some anti-sikh elements in this forum that they are not even disguising their hate with false reason or logic.

The word KHALISTAN is now so negatively charged as being anti-india that even if you ask a genuine believer they may look around them first or lower their voice when speaking about such ideas. There is no crime for Sikhs to have their own FREEDOM and a land which is their own - we have had Khalsa Raj before you know and we weren't terrorists then? OK here's a little test for you haters go and ask the Punjabi's worldwide if they ever dream of their own homeland and let's call it say DESHPUNJAB how many Sikh's do you think will say NO it will be full of terrorists and corruption very few I think because the word DESHPUNJAB has not been blackened and hijacked by the mischief makers.

And here is an open WARNING from me to any new Sikh TV channels that maybe launching soon with an idea of causing disruption to Sikhi and Ekta - "THIS AIN'T INDIA/PAKISTAN" you know where you can buy votes or hush the authorities we do have Ofcom here who will investigate complaints thoroughly and publish their reports on the net.

I have lodged two such complaints about a certain "conversion" channel and one of my complaints has been logged and the other one is to be investigated with some very serious allegations made by me - once the result is out I will link it for the forum.

ALL SANGAT JI make a note of this link and USE IT against any channel which tries to harm us - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain

Mere Pritama Jio